Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    I don't know why all the people are raging over the ending, I think all of them are fitting, and the synthesis ending is imo. the "true" one. Shepherd hat to die, it's a small sacrifice in compare to all his friends who gave their live to support him. Kaidan/Ash, Mordin (that was really a sad one ), Thane and Legion, all gave their lives for a better future, and the way the last mission on earth starts, with Shepherd talking to all his Friends, and how he would watch out for Garus, from the bar in heaven....it was just obvious that he would give his life for a better future of humans and synthetics. Off course you can destroy all the synthetics and have a chance to survive ( with high enough readiness ), but I just couldn't betray the Geth and EDI.
    Off course it isn't a happy end, but I never hoped for one.
    In my opinion, ME3 is a melodrama, like most war-movies are. I enjoyed it from the start, to the very end. They just don't make video games like this anymore
    Almost everyone expected Shepard to die,its makes the ending more memorable and close to heart to lose someone as such.But people are mostly pissed as the way the endings went,when you get towards the end you start to lose the choice that Mass effect is created off of,and are forced to make choices the way bioware wants(Example:having to use a renegade action to shoot the illusive man to save yourself or anderson).But not just that,many others including myself are pissed over the plot holes...how the hell did the squad get on the normandy when they were by shepards side 5 minutes before...and why was the normandy in FTL?But still in the end,was the point in the sacrifice of shepard when the choices you make are all the same in that they fuck over the galaxy in almost all the same ways.But with all the time invested in the mass effect universe and in commander shepards story,bioware could have made use of the choices that define the galaxy that they market so heavily on,instead of 3 similar choices we could have gotten choices that allow for happier or even worse endings,at least it would have then lived up to its expectations.
    Last edited by Doriath; 2012-03-14 at 01:02 PM.

I don't know why all the people are raging over the ending, I think all of them are fitting, and the synthesis ending is imo. the "true" one. Shepherd hat to die, it's a small sacrifice in compare to all his friends who gave their live to support him. Kaidan/Ash, Mordin (that was really a sad one ), Thane and Legion, all gave their lives for a better future, and the way the last mission on earth starts, with Shepherd talking to all his Friends, and how he would watch out for Garus, from the bar in heaven....it was just obvious that he would give his life for a better future of humans and synthetics. Off course you can destroy all the synthetics and have a chance to survive ( with high enough readiness ), but I just couldn't betray the Geth and EDI.
    In my opinion, ME3 is a melodrama, like most war-movies are. I enjoyed it from the start, to the very end. They just don't make video games like this anymore

The problem is regardless of your choices everyone dies , the mass effect relays blow up causing the systems they are in to be destroyed.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    I just found it incredibly repetitive, yes there are 3 factions of enemies, multiple maps and different objectives but ultimately for me I just found it boring after my first hour or two, I guess I was more expecting it to be like the single player..
    With any multiplayer game (not MMO's) they get boring after a few hours of constant play tis the way it is.

Really great that the Xb0x 360 wireless controller for PC doesn't work in this one either

GG Bioware.

Not sure if this article has been posted already but it quite nicely sums up all my feelings (and then some) about the horrendous ending.

Obvious spoilers.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/

Deleted
    That was just your Shepard though. Mine was a survivor, she survived Akuze or whatever that place was. She was an almost full renegade, my way or the highway type. She gave everything to save her friends and allies, especially herself, but killed or renegade interrupted everyone who didn't agree or looked at her the wrong way.

It isn't just my backstory either, these options were provided through the game. I disconnected the council when they didn't agree with me, let them die because I didn't like their faces, didn't warn the batarians because I just plain didn't like them(they were evil slavers) when blowing up the relay, executed countless number of criminals, mercenaries and other baddies always picked the bright future options in conversations and told everyone that I'll survive anyway and to be positive.. and I let none of the crew die, at least when it was avoidable.

I got the bar in heaven talk too with Garrus because things looked pretty dark but the choices I made and how I played the character, my Shepard did all of it for personal power and to help her friends and to a lesser extent to save everyone else too but she was no martyr, she would have done everything to save herself too. I guess I kinda got what I wanted with the control ending, although not exactly how I pictured it but what was really missing from there was the epilogue, even as text or narrative about the aftermath, about the Normandy crew etc. Being stranded on some Jacob's dad planet just sounds godawful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Almost everyone expected Shepard to die,its makes the ending more memorable and close to heart to lose someone as such.But people are mostly pissed as the way the endings went,when you get towards the end you start to lose the choice that Mass effect is created off of,and are forced to make choices the way bioware wants(Example:having to use a renegade action to shoot the illusive man to save yourself or anderson).But not just that,many others including myself are pissed over the plot holes...how the hell did the squad get on the normandy when they were by shepards side 5 minutes before...and why was the normandy in FTL?But still in the end,was the point in the sacrifice of shepard when the choices you make are all the same in that they fuck over the galaxy in almost all the same ways.But with all the time invested in the mass effect universe and in commander shepards story,bioware could have made use of the choices that define the galaxy that they market so heavily on,instead of 3 similar choices we could have gotten choices that allow for happier or even worse endings,at least it would have then lived up to its expectations.
    how do you then explain the 5k EMS destroy ending where (albeit) a pre rendered vid runs of shepard living after hes chosen to destroy all synthetics(part cynthetic himself) and the citadel blows up (which he is on)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPhWndG6EIY[/url] (skip to 4.36)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    how do you then explain the 5k EMS destroy ending where (albeit) a pre rendered vid runs of shepard living after hes chosen to destroy all synthetics(part cynthetic himself) and the citadel blows up (which he is on)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPhWndG6EIY[/url] (skip to 4.36)
    Did I say anything saying that shep dies without a doubt?I know of the scene.Hell everyone knows of that scene,its the only one that gives even the slightest bit of closure.
    Last edited by Doriath; 2012-03-14 at 01:54 PM.

Sorry to pull this meme out of the bin, but that Game Front article Gerion linked used it and it cracked me up.

<snip>
    No memes.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-03-14 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone else find it highly likely that Bioware simply ran out of time and/or budget? EA could certainly had held of the game until a summer release to make each ending unique as there aren't that many big releases this time of the year (take a look at October-December last year for example compared to the rest of the year) and ME3 is big enough to shoulder through any competition sales wise. So why did they rush the ending out, because that is what it actually looks like they did. I mean, everything in the game is great (imo, except for some few hiccups) and then the ending is by contrast really, really bad. Losing, winning, pyrrhic victory, dystopian future... it doesn't matter how it ends, but it was presented very poorly.

And about the Deus Ex Machina at the end... Just as comparison, look at Lord of the Rings. I would call the Ring's destruction atop a flaming mountain in the Evil Eye's backyard quite a contrived plot-point and deus ex machina(dem) as well. The difference between ME and LotR is that the dem was introduced on the very first page with the "One to rule them all"-poem in the first book. We have no such thing in ME which makes it alot harder to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post

Well sometimes you just have that much of a choice, it's like in the real life. What would you have done in Shepard's place ? Shoot the starchilde ? Try to desperately reprogram the citadel to achieve the end you want ? It hat to end somehow, and nobody said it would end the way you want it. You was given a choice, and the choices where limited. As much similar the choices are, the effected the galaxy in different ways, maybe the mass relays where build to spread the citadels signal across the galaxy, maybe everybody died in the explosion, maybe the all lived peacefully afterwards, nobody knows, it's a cliffhanger, and imo. a good one, you can think the rest of the story yourself to the end.
    But you can't say that the choices made in the end of ME and ME2 where more severe as the one of ME3, it wasn't that much of a choice if you destroyed or rescued the Council, as well if you destroyed or not destroyed the Reaper Space Station, it had even less impact on the Story as the red/blue/green laz0r beams from ME3.
    The plot holes ... well grated, those where not so nice, but maybe there is something true about the theory of reapers trying to control Shapard …. or Bioware just had to cut some content where you had to fly with the Normandy from earth to the citadel and that’s how all landed in the Normandy again….
    In my opinion, the game lived up to the expectations, at least mine expectations. But if I would wish for a better or worst ending, you can also say that all the other games didn’t live up to my personal expectations. Even Deus Ex 1, which had a ton of different endings, didn’t have the one I really want. Bioware had to end it somehow, but as they will probably stick with the franchise, they couldn’t make too many too different endings, at least you can reach an end, where the earth is destroyed by the reapers.

I can understand people who don’t like the end of ME3, but it’s just unfair to say that the game was bad or the last “10% of the game where ruined” for them.

I spent this entire SERIES working to destroy the reapers and in order to do so I have to destroy an entire "species" of my allies? All galactic community is eliminated, which was the whole point of the damned game. It will take hundreds of years to travel across the systems without the mass relays. Did I really save the galaxy? REALLY? I trapped the biggest fleet ever in the sol system with only one devistated planet to offer resources. Billions, maybe trillions will die in colonies that are not self suffcient. In the arrival dlc the mass relay destroyed the whole system, did I just destroy the whole damn galaxy?! The damn explosions were big enough. Why was the normandy in a mass relay? Why did they crash land on an unknown planet with my ground crew on it? Why when I was knocked out did I get a flash of Liara instead of Tali? How did Anderson make it onto the citadel with me? What happens after this ending? Short of destroying the reapers, every choice I've made has become pointless.

Look at DA:O! You got a bit of text afterwards giving you some background on your story. You got closure even if the ending wasn't happy for your character. I loved that game. Why couldn't Bioware take a page from their OWN DAMN GAME?!

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Sorry to pull this meme out of the bin, but that Game Front article Gerion linked used it and it cracked me up.

i wanted to post that...

Quote Originally Posted by Demondar View Post
    Really great that the Xb0x 360 wireless controller for PC doesn't work in this one either

GG Bioware.
    I guess Each to their Own ... But I find it really hard to believe that people would want to play the game with a Xbox controller on the PC :S PC reaction time (With a Decent DPI Mouse) is easily 2-3x that of a Controller, and you have much more Control over your character. But perhaps that's just me i dunno.

And the Ending IS retarted ... I seriously don't understand how people can sit and say, "It's perfect, I love them they all fit"... Either you DIDN'T play the other 2 Mass Effect Games. Or you're so far in denial that anything this game does could be Bad that you can't see the ending for the Trash it is.
    Don't get me wrong .. The Whole rest of the game .. Fucking 10/10 Best game I've ever played in my life. But the Endings, Drops that rating down a good ~10% AND whilst that means I'd still easily give the game a 9 or 9.5/10 ... It still makes it hard for me to play again because I know exactly how Terribly it's going to end.

Just by doing a Simple List of all the Ridiculous Plot Holes you can easily see how dumb the Ending is:

1. Normandy is retreating from the Battle AND has acquired your Squadmates from London, Not only does this go against Joker's "Fuck the Reapers or Die Trying" Attitude (Similar To Shepard) but it's COMPLETELY Implausible. Sure, Shepard went off the Grid for ahwhile, but in no way would Joker and the Squadmates who survive have even for a second given up on him and thought about retreat.

2. Mass Relays are Destroyed. Now there's the premise that If a Mass Relay is destroyed it will explode and pretty much blow up that entire System. Now even discounting that, You're looking at the last, or the majority of every Galactic Civilization Stuck on Earth. Which not only wouldn't support half those races Dietary needs, but is most likely would hardly be able to provide resources for the Humans that are left considering the majority of the Planet would surely be in Utter Ruins.
    Either Explosion By Mass Relays or Starvation/Sickness, Majority of Races will Die.

3. A further Addition to Point 2. If The big Wave of Colour causes the Normandy's Engine's to Overload and Blow Up causing a Crash Land... Then What has just happened to the Thousands of Spacecraft that was hovering above earth in Mid-Battle... Surely all their Engines would have Overloaded and Whilst the guys down on the Ground are Praising Victory, Thousands of Ships are about to come crashing down on their Heads. Again, Majority of Civilization Dies.

4. The Entire Logic of the Reapers is flawed beyond belief. Just like the Yo Dawg Meme, " 'God' Created the Reapers to Harvest Civilizations and turn them into a Synthetic because they would eventually Die to their own Synthetic Creations" .. It's just a Big Fucking Joke ... Not only is the Geth/Quarian Peace and EDI Proof of Synthetics and Organics Living in Harmony. But people argue this by saying it's "One Remote Case" .. Well Clearly they didn't play the Prothean DLC ... The Protheans had their own Synthetic War, "Metacon War" and Were Winning (Until the Reapers Arrived). And the Protheans were helping Uplift the Evolving Species. So they could have taught the Next Generations about the Dangers of Synthetics, and would have had an Empire Powerful Enough to Thwart any Synthetic Rebellions.

So Yea I firmly believe that Any person who thinks the Endings were "Fantastic", Or any variation of the Word, Simply Hasn't played the first 2 games and knows enough of the Mass Effect Universe to have knowledge of the Full Situation Or is Just in some Delusional Dream because they don't want to believe that the Final Game could have ended so poorly. Open Your Eyes if this is you (Or play the first couple of Games and actually Properly Figure out the Story and Universe) and you Will See, and most likely become a Part of the group of people who you currently think are "Overreacting".

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    I guess Each to their Own ... But I find it really hard to believe that people would want to play the game with a Xbox controller on the PC :S PC reaction time (With a Decent DPI Mouse) is easily 2-3x that of a Controller, and you have much more Control over your character. But perhaps that's just me i dunno.

And the Ending IS retarted ... I seriously don't understand how people can sit and say, "It's perfect, I love them they all fit"... Either you DIDN'T play the other 2 Mass Effect Games. Or you're so far in denial that anything this game does could be Bad that you can't see the ending for the Trash it is.
    Don't get me wrong .. The Whole rest of the game .. Fucking 10/10 Best game I've ever played in my life. But the Endings, Drops that rating down a good ~10% AND whilst that means I'd still easily give the game a 9 or 9.5/10 ... It still makes it hard for me to play again because I know exactly how Terribly it's going to end.

Just by doing a Simple List of all the Ridiculous Plot Holes you can easily see how dumb the Ending is:

1. Normandy is retreating from the Battle AND has acquired your Squadmates from London, Not only does this go against Joker's "Fuck the Reapers or Die Trying" Attitude (Similar To Shepard) but it's COMPLETELY Implausible. Sure, Shepard went off the Grid for ahwhile, but in no way would Joker and the Squadmates who survive have even for a second given up on him and thought about retreat.

2. Mass Relays are Destroyed. Now there's the premise that If a Mass Relay is destroyed it will explode and pretty much blow up that entire System. Now even discounting that, You're looking at the last, or the majority of every Galactic Civilization Stuck on Earth. Which not only wouldn't support half those races Dietary needs, but is most likely would hardly be able to provide resources for the Humans that are left considering the majority of the Planet would surely be in Utter Ruins.
    Either Explosion By Mass Relays or Starvation/Sickness, Majority of Races will Die.

3. A further Addition to Point 2. If The big Wave of Colour causes the Normandy's Engine's to Overload and Blow Up causing a Crash Land... Then What has just happened to the Thousands of Spacecraft that was hovering above earth in Mid-Battle... Surely all their Engines would have Overloaded and Whilst the guys down on the Ground are Praising Victory, Thousands of Ships are about to come crashing down on their Heads. Again, Majority of Civilization Dies.

4. The Entire Logic of the Reapers is flawed beyond belief. Just like the Yo Dawg Meme, " 'God' Created the Reapers to Harvest Civilizations and turn them into a Synthetic because they would eventually Die to their own Synthetic Creations" .. It's just a Big Fucking Joke ... Not only is the Geth/Quarian Peace and EDI Proof of Synthetics and Organics Living in Harmony. But people argue this by saying it's "One Remote Case" .. Well Clearly they didn't play the Prothean DLC ... The Protheans had their own Synthetic War, "Metacon War" and Were Winning (Until the Reapers Arrived). And the Protheans were helping Uplift the Evolving Species. So they could have taught the Next Generations about the Dangers of Synthetics, and would have had an Empire Powerful Enough to Thwart any Synthetic Rebellions.

So Yea I firmly believe that Any person who thinks the Endings were "Fantastic", Or any variation of the Word, Simply Hasn't played the first 2 games and knows enough of the Mass Effect Universe to have knowledge of the Full Situation Or is Just in some Delusional Dream because they don't want to believe that the Final Game could have ended so poorly. Open Your Eyes if this is you (Or play the first couple of Games and actually Properly Figure out the Story and Universe) and you Will See, and most likely become a Part of the group of people who you currently think are "Overreacting".
    Agreed its not even down to opionion, the plot holes are just to large to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    Hello all- perhaps someone here in the MMO community could help with the issue i'm having.....

In the mission "Citadel: the return", the portion where you're in the red hallway with the dead bodies and keepers attending to them. (It's the mission after the reapers attacked the people advancing toward the light beam on Earth)

I wandered toward the end, past all the keepers, toward the doors, but the doors dont open. I checked out the Youtube flicks to see what I'm missing. As far as I can tell, the doors were supposed to open automatically. Yet when i reloaded it, the doors still wont open. I even went back to an earlier save file (yes, I did the whole "Take back the Earth" thing again, and when I get to that red hallway, the doors STILL wont open.

I've tried contacting tech support and they tell me it's a "gameplay issue", I've gone to Origin and selected "repair install", I've gone to the bioware forums, but my questions went unanswered and buried underneath all the multiplayer threads.

Seriously, am i the only one experiencing this? This is literally a game-breaking glitch. I cannot proceed past the doors and finish the damn game. I don't have it in me to start the whole damn gameplay from the beginning. (i got like 7,000 war assests and so forth. The game was great, but not great enough for a replay.)
    I'm reposting this in case anyone knows of a fix. I'd really like to finish this game so i can move on with my life.

I'm reposting this in case anyone knows of a fix. I'd really like to finish this game so i can move on with my life.
    Hmm i don't even remember a door, do you hear anderson talking to you at least?

I think this happened to me the first time I got there. I ended up backtracking a bit to the beginning of the hallway, and one of the sound clips of my conversation with Anderson finally played and I was able to move on. I'm pretty sure the door opening is triggered by a cue in the conversation.

yes, there was a cutscene where I spoke with anderson and then i'm in the red hallway as mentioned above. The door is at the end of this hallway. (or bridge or whatever that place was.)

yes, there was a cutscene where I spoke with anderson and then i'm in the red hallway as mentioned above. The door is at the end of this hallway. (or bridge or whatever that place was.)
    Anderson should be saying stuff to you as you move down the hallway. If he's not something might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Agreed its not even down to opionion, the plot holes are just to large to miss.
    Like I could accept it if there was like 70% of what happens makes sense .. And 30% Doesn't .. Possibly even 60/40 ...

But it's literally .. 95% Doesn't make sense .. I think the ONLY part of that Ending that actually makes a Scrap of sense is the Idea of Shepard Sacrificing his life to save the Galaxy .

I have not seen a SINGLE argument/Point/Thing (by any person and believe me people have tried) About the Ending making sense, that hasn't been able to be completely refuted and proved Incorrect.

Even the retards over at IGN made that entire youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP...IJ05plOMYbo%3D) and the guy couldn't come up with a Single Decent Point as to why the Ending Made sense .. Instead he basically said, "Well It's Bioware's game so they can End it how they like" ... Which Sure, they're entitled to just that as it's indeed their Creation, but they couldn't even put forward one non-refutable point as to Why it's actually GOOD and HOW IT MAKES SENSE.

Why? Because NO ONE can make sense of it atm. It's complete Nonsensical Bullshit.

I respect the Twitter and FB movements for trying, and I definitely have Followed and Liked these groups mainly just because there's that Off Off Off Off chance that they might actually get somewhere and convince Bioware to come up with some DLC which extends or changes the Endings. I'm not expecting some Miracle from them, I understand It's Bioware's creation they can do what they want. So just going to see if I can somehow bring myself to play it once more, and then like the other Games which were Great but didn't have enough replayability because of Endings or Linear Character and/or Plot Progression it shall Sit on the Far Reaches of my C Drive.

Edit : ME1 Playtime : 5 Playthrough's Roughly ~125 Hours ... ME2 Playtime: 7 Playthrough's Roughly ~160 Hours...

ME3 without any changes to it's Ending will receive AT BEST 2 Playthrough's Roughly ~45 Hours .. Kinda Sad Really, Considering How Good the Rest of the game was. I give the game a Second Playthrough Purely to Honour that Amazing Rest of the game, after that I just won't be able to bring myself to do it again knowing what's coming at the End.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-03-14 at 03:00 PM.