Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    If that's true Bioware are the trolls of the decade. I wouldn't even be mad, I'd simply go: "Well played Bioware. Well played indeed. ಠ_ರೃ"

(I sure hope they are going to release another ending)
    If they do this, I'm not gonna say for certain but it might be the first time I would be glad to be trolled. (Getting trolled with style...)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    For me this just references "normal" DLC like LotSB or Arrival, not a new ending. I've pretty much give up hope on that one. On the plus side: The Multplayer is far more entertaining than I had anticipated.

Also: Do not search for Liara with Safe Search off! You cannot unsee it!

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    If that's true Bioware are the trolls of the decade. I wouldn't even be mad, I'd simply go: "Well played Bioware. Well played indeed. ಠ_ರೃ"

(I sure hope they are going to release another ending)
    That would be truly epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    For me this just references "normal" DLC like LotSB or Arrival, not a new ending. I've pretty much give up hope on that one. On the plus side: The Multplayer is far more entertaining than I had anticipated.
    Let me dream, man! I'm having a good day!

I found this interesting: http://kotaku.com/5894542/mass-effec...ag=mass-effect

Looks like everything is really starting to catch up to Bioware.

Also: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221081p1.html

"We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive."

Deleted
    BioWare and especially Mass Effect-side has been really active over on Twitter. They really want to show that they're listening to the fans and all kinds of feedback they're getting of ME3, whether it's positive or negative. It has boosted my hope to say the least, at least people won't feel like they're completely ignored.

Buuuut yeah. BioWare is starting to realise that the ending and negativity is starting to catch up on them. Putting the game on sale this shortly after release is telling something already. And the panel on 6th of April is still quite a bit away. Still, hoping for positive news!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    BioWare and especially Mass Effect-side has been really active over on Twitter. They really want to show that they're listening to the fans and all kinds of feedback they're getting of ME3, whether it's positive or negative. It has boosted my hope to say the least, at least people won't feel like they're completely ignored.

Buuuut yeah. BioWare is starting to realise that the ending and negativity is starting to catch up on them. Putting the game on sale this shortly after release is telling something already. And the panel on 6th of April is still quite a bit away. Still, hoping for positive news!
    Can't tell you the last time I bought a Day 1 game at full price. Just because the game is one sale doesn't mean a thing

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Can't tell you the last time I bought a Day 1 game at full price. Just because the game is one sale doesn't mean a thing
    When is the last time you seen a AAA title drop 20$ within the first month of release? This obviously means that the game is not selling well with Microsoft, which is bad for Bioware.
    Last edited by Lord Bale; 2012-03-19 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Synthesis was fine ending. I dont know what you all fuss about. Mediocre sequel had somewhat satisfactory ending in that.
    go read the last 80 pages to try and understand why peopel dont like the endings, its not just mindless rage since most of us have legit complaints about them
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

just finished the game..........i am pisssseeeeeeeeddddddd, and also quite sad.

Deleted
    Synthesis was fine ending. I dont know what you all fuss about. Mediocre sequel had somewhat satisfactory ending in that.
    Fine or not, the main problem with the endings were that they were too similar, none of your previous decisions mattered and there was no closure of information what happened with everyone (like in DA:O, or even a few lines of narrative like in DA 2).

Just look at ME2 ending, almost every decision you made mattered.

Not to be a downer, but before all you guys celebrate about that latest twitter post, I'd suggest you read this: [Specifically the lower parts of the first post]
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10084349/1

What they're saying there makes much more sense, imo, than all that Indoctrination theory speculation, even though it may sound unpleasant.
    So far, all things point to a simple blunder/miscalculation by the people in lead, rather than an intricate scheme to surprise people.

The main reason for this is economically seated: Would it make sense to "troll" people with the ending? Sure, you get people to talk about it more, which does count as free marketing. In exchange, however, you are in danger of alienating most of your most loyal userbase; not so much the casuals, though.
    Now the question is: Is the free publicity worth more than those originally loyal customers?
    In a case as severe as this, there is a simple answer to that question: No. The people they annoyed most are usually the ones who pay for most of the additional content. Casuals will buy the game and maybe a DLC, if it's available with the game. That's it. The bigger fans usually buy premium editions, all DLC, extra fan material, maybe soundtracks or something similar. They are also the ones who you are in danger of turning away from the company, thus lowering your possible future sales.
    And all that just to have a chance at winning them back with a big surprise?
    Not to mention that these people are also the ones who provide you free advertising on message boards, conventions and the like. Getting people to talk about your product, not to mention that most of the talk is negative, like this would be a horrible decision considering what Bioware/EA stand to lose. And if we know one thing, it's that EA is all about the money.

So, based on that, we can rather safely assume that Bioware probably just screwed up with the ending and did not have an overarching plan prepared.

Which is why we should probably follow the guidelines they mention: Stay civil, keep holding the line, while taking breaks to relax from time to time and, one of the most important things, do not waver from the initial demands. They offer 3 new companions? DOESN'T MATTER. They offer 2 new vehicular missions? WHO CARES!
    Keep fighting for an alternate ending and don't back down.

Also, remember that we're not fighting the people at Bioware or EA. We're fighting their decision to leave "that" as the only ending.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    I found this interesting: http://kotaku.com/5894542/mass-effec...ag=mass-effect

Looks like everything is really starting to catch up to Bioware.

Also: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221081p1.html
    Honestly it sounds like something right out of the Customer Support Guide for dealing with complaints.
    "Yes of course I'm taking your problem seriously. I can assure you that any and all feedback you provide here will instantly go to our top levels and willbe incorporated in our future products."

On me the stalling worked. I shouldn't have been so brought up to begin with. Hell, if it hadn't been Mass Effect I would've simply schrugged at the ending and went on to the next game, as it has happened countless times before.

Just before I start, I'll say that I loved most of Mass Effect 3. I wasn't expecting much from the action side, it was a limited number of the same enemies, doing what they do and me trying to find new combinations of powers to kill them with. The story, for the most part was excellent, bar some iffy writing in places to suit the needs of the game's progression and the story *they* wanted to tell.

However, as with many others, the ending annoyed me quite a lot. I chose the Synthesis ending, because it seemed like the only way that anyone would have any hope of rebuilding the various galactic empires and such, with the help of the Geth and the like, who can do things that would take hundreds of years in just years. Now, onto my various issues with the endings...

To start, I'll briefly touch on the subject of the indoctrination theory; If that turns out to be the answer for these endings, it would be the sloppiest written ending to the series physically possible. It's basically a 'but then he woke up and realised it was all just a dream.' ending, which is literally the most childishly over used method of ending something, ever. So, I'm going to disregard that as a possibiltiy, but if it turns out to be their choice for 'continuation DLC', then I'm not touching anything they release to do with the games ever again, as it will just sully the experience further.

Now, as to the endings that we are presented with, I believe that they should only have applied to the 'Destroy' choice. It would basically have been the Renegade's choice de jour, allowing them to save the galaxy in the most assholish way possible, removing the reapers and damning everyone else to mere survival, thousands upon thousands trapped in the Sol system.

The 'Control' ending should've shown Shepard becoming one with the Reaper's conciousness/hivemind and taking them away from Sol and out into the vast darkness of space, leaving everyone else behind, sacrificing himself to protect the rest of the universe. This would then culminate in a genuine reason for the old man to refer to him as 'The Shepard'. There was no necessity for the Mass Relays to be destroyed in this ending, it was simply bad writing.

The 'Synthesis' ending should have been the most ambiguous and perhaps most questionable. As pointed out, the whole reason that we could defeat the Reapers or even have a chance at it is because we had such a diverse range of peoples and species working together. For them to all become one, new race, is very Budda-like. It's the whole idea that in the end, we are all originally created from the same beginning, we are all part of the same universe and are inherently intertwined as such.

It would be used to emphasise what had started and ended with the Geth and the Quarians, learning to live together, that they do not all have to destroy each other, much as the other races learn to do across the course of the games. The synthesis ending would be the closest thing possible to a galactic scale enlightenment possible.

Now, the reason why the endings make everything we've ever done such a waste:

It's actually more humane to do as little as possible, get the bare minimum requirements to complete the game and as little help from the other races as possible. By not helping them, by not requesting their assistance, by not resolving centuries old conflicts, you actually save more people than you do by gathering all of the known universe's races to the Sol system. If you'd left all the people that came with you, all the fleets that followed you where they came from, they'd have more chance of surviving the annihilation of the relays than they do by coming with you.

Every person and race that you befriended and brought with you for the final fight, you personally damn forever. As noted, Earth cannot sustain its own population in an effective manner after all of this is over. Don't forget that all synthetics, regardless of relation or links to the reapers will either be destroyed, removed from the system or cross-bred into a new race. There's;

A: Not enough space in our system or enough habitable planets for all the races gathered there.

B: No knowing how people would react to the 'synthesis' choice. Or the fact that you essentially have to Destroy/remove all of the Geth and also things like EDI from existence.

C: The fact that a lot of the races were in desparate need of aid or assistance with rebuilding, that they'll probably never receive now.

D: The fact that countless colonies and Space Stations, etc, that are never going to be reached ever again (within a number of Asari life spans).

E: Not enough resources in the Sol System to even attempt to create a new Mass Relay, even if the combined efforts of all the races went into this, there would be no Relays anywhere else to target it with.

You know what annoys me most though? The fact that I could've shot Wrex in the face in Mass Effect 1, lost the help of his people and I would have saved more people than I do in the current endings.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2012-03-19 at 11:20 PM. Reason: /spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    You know what annoys me most though? The fact that I could've shot Wrex in the face in Mass Effect 1, lost the help of his people and I would have saved more people than I do in the current endings.
    How does shooting Wrex effect ME3? Wanting to know because I'm playing ME1 working my way back to ME3.I thought it was pretty sweet curing the genophage and all in 3.

Okay, I will explain what all the fuss is about. First off, the synthesis ending itself. Btw, do I still need to spoiler tag this stuff? Well, I will just in case. The synthesis ending is physically impossible, or was at least explained very poorly. How does an energy pulse change every being in the galaxy? Think about it. For organics, it would require hundreds of trillions of synthetic components to be made out of thin air, and shot around the galaxy at millions of times light speed, and then somehow surgically implant themselves into people with extreme precision. One, how does that even work, and two how does it not kill everyone? It'd be like shooting a microchip at someone's head out of a giant gun. It's not going to turn them into a smart computer, it's gonna slice their brain in half.

Next. The ending has plot holes everywhere. Starting after Harbinger's beam hits Shepard and knocks him out. Why does Shepard wake up? Harbinger is right there, like RIGHT THERE. I'm pretty sure Reapers don't see with physical eyes, I'd bet the farm they use short range sensors. I highly doubt Harbinger didn't know that Shepard is actually alive instead of just unconscious, so why didn't he shoot him again? There were no other forces in the area, so what could have possibly stopped Harbinger?

After Shepard makes it up to the Citadel, Anderson indicates that he made it up after you, but is in a different place. You can clearly see there's only one pathway to the console, yet somehow you don't see Anderson until you ascend the stairs. even though the conversation with him indicates that he's only a few feet ahead of you? How the hell does that work?

Then we have the Illusive Man. How the fuck did he even get here? Last I checked, he's still on the the shit lists of both the Alliance and the Reapers. He has no armor, and a pistol. How did he get past all of Sword and Hammer, and Reaper ground forces? He just appears out of freaking nowhere with no explanation. Oh fun fact, one of the resolutions for the conversation with TIM is killing him with a pistol shot to the chest. His file in Lair of the Shadow broker mentions that his suit is specifically designed to resist close range weapons fire.

Space God. Why does The Catalyst take the form of the child from Earth? Is he scanning Shepard's brain? And even if he did, why choose the kid? It's like, here Shepard, imma troll you by picking something just familiar enough to you that you'll recognize it, but just mysterious enough that it'll freak you out. Also, his logic, it's terrible. The entire purpose of the Reapers is based of extremely common logical fallacies. The most advanced anything ever should be smart enough to not use circular logic and argument to tradition. Logical fallacies like that would not even pass a high school level debate. During this scene, I would like to point out that Shepard is breathing in space without a helmet. Shepard is also out of character here. Why doesn't he even question The Catalyst? He just accepts what it says as fact. It's a fucking Reaper, it admits it like 5 times in that conversation. Yet Shepard takes what it says as absolute truth?

Then we have the destroy ending. You know if you have over 4000/5000 EMS Shepard lives in the destroy ending? How the fuck does he survive the Citadel blowing up, orbital reentry, and a terminal velocity impact with the ground? Btw, there's more I'm not getting into here, because I'm just lazy. I may edit this post later with more stuff.

How does shooting Wrex effect ME3? Wanting to know because I'm playing ME1 working my way back to ME3.I thought it was pretty sweet curing the genophage and all in 3.
    Because if Wrex doesn't survive on Vermire, then he won't be the clan chief or Urdnot, it'll be his half-borther, Wreave

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Not to be a downer, but before all you guys celebrate about that latest twitter post, I'd suggest you read this: [Specifically the lower parts of the first post]
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10084349/1

What they're saying there makes much more sense, imo, than all that Indoctrination theory speculation, even though it may sound unpleasant.
    So far, all things point to a simple blunder/miscalculation by the people in lead, rather than an intricate scheme to surprise people.

The main reason for this is economically seated: Would it make sense to "troll" people with the ending? Sure, you get people to talk about it more, which does count as free marketing. In exchange, however, you are in danger of alienating most of your most loyal userbase; not so much the casuals, though.
    Now the question is: Is the free publicity worth more than those originally loyal customers?
    In a case as severe as this, there is a simple answer to that question: No. The people they annoyed most are usually the ones who pay for most of the additional content. Casuals will buy the game and maybe a DLC, if it's available with the game. That's it. The bigger fans usually buy premium editions, all DLC, extra fan material, maybe soundtracks or something similar. They are also the ones who you are in danger of turning away from the company, thus lowering your possible future sales.
    And all that just to have a chance at winning them back with a big surprise?
    Not to mention that these people are also the ones who provide you free advertising on message boards, conventions and the like. Getting people to talk about your product, not to mention that most of the talk is negative, like this would be a horrible decision considering what Bioware/EA stand to lose. And if we know one thing, it's that EA is all about the money.

So, based on that, we can rather safely assume that Bioware probably just screwed up with the ending and did not have an overarching plan prepared.

Which is why we should probably follow the guidelines they mention: Stay civil, keep holding the line, while taking breaks to relax from time to time and, one of the most important things, do not waver from the initial demands. They offer 3 new companions? DOESN'T MATTER. They offer 2 new vehicular missions? WHO CARES!
    Keep fighting for an alternate ending and don't back down.

Also, remember that we're not fighting the people at Bioware or EA. We're fighting their decision to leave "that" as the only ending.
    It's just very hard to believe how anybody at BW thought this was worth putting into the game.

It's just very hard to believe how anybody at BW thought this was worth putting into the game.
    I know, that's also what made me skeptical.

There have, however, been even bigger blunders by even bigger companies in the past. "New Coke" comes to mind.