Deleted
    "I am the citadel. Its part of me."
    What the protheans did on the citadel was to disable the keeper-signal.

Yet Sovereign needed Saren to find the controls on the citadel and open it so Soveriegn could manually dial home to call for backup instead of just emailing the Catalyst and be all like "yo homey the signal isnt working to automaticly open the floodgate as you probably know so you need to open the gate yourself so the other reapers can come."

You advocate that it was hinted at before, yet all you speak of was contained in those last 10 minutes of the worlds worst acidtrip, as opposed to the dark energy ending that was built of and supported throughout all 3 games - right up until Harbringer blasted us in the face.

Honestly, of 8000 posts in this thread, atleast 4000 was used just to argue the ending.
    We have been over this already.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-23 at 07:01 PM.

They fixed single player EMS after 3 months of silence/lockingthreads/sayingtheydontlie/etc...
    Wonders do happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    They fixed it already? We can now get the best endings without having to use the freaking multiplayer?
    Good news to my brother who plays on xbox and refuses to pay to play online with the bloody thing.
    There are a few ways such as MP, Infiltrator to whatever it was and something else.
    They reasoned as its a war where you take every advantage you can get to win the war and if you put in the extra effort you got the extra candy in this case, the best ending.

I find the setup to be perfectly logical.
    The more striketeams that wrestles locations from the enemy the better chance the galactic armada stand against the reapers and obviously the more successful strikes you have the better result you will get.
    Taking 5 bases improves the odds more than taking 1, and thats reflected by the (pretty high to be honest) EMS gained by promoting characters.
    And thats what the MP is all about.

If you refuse to use those strike teams then you obviously just rejected a valueable war asset and that should obviously show.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-23 at 07:37 PM.

They fixed it already? We can now get the best endings without having to use the freaking multiplayer?
    Good news to my brother who plays on xbox and refuses to pay to play online with the bloody thing.
    Not yet, but it'll happen with the EC. Chris Priestly posted on it last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my solo bronze with a lvl 13 Vorcha Soldier. Not bad at all, I'd say.
    http://i.imgur.com/Nvoc1.png

Deleted
    That is not of what I was speaking about...

Bioware told us we would be able to manage to get the best endings without even touching multiplayer.
    Turned out to be quite impossible to do so...
    After a couple of months Bioware finally admitted that it was a problem, it wasn't intended & it would be fix'd within the next updates.

A lot of people have been waiting since...
    You dont have to touch multiplayer.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mas...t:_Infiltrator
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Datapad

EDITED: ffs, can't add people to my friends list, keep saying "Servers are busy" and even setting the server as fucking private, random dicks keep joining.... freaking pissing me off, once again ~ gz EA, you rly deserved that golden shit.
    Close your firewall.

Deleted
    random dicks keep joining.... freaking pissing me off, once again ~ gz EA, you rly deserved that golden shit.
    Thats me.
    And you cant stop me.

Giving EDI relationship advice (or trying to) is so full of win. This is gold.

Honestly, even if the extended cut is rather meh, the fact that they put in so much effort to give the fans what they want and eat the costs is pretty rad for a company. Especially one involved with EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Honestly, even if the extended cut is rather meh, the fact that they put in so much effort to give the fans what they want and eat the costs is pretty rad for a company. Especially one involved with EA.
    BioWare has always cared about their gamers. This just gives me hope that they won't be corrupted by EA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    You advocate that it was hinted at before, yet all you speak of was contained in those last 10 minutes of the worlds worst acidtrip, as opposed to the dark energy ending that was built of and supported throughout all 3 games - right up until Harbringer blasted us in the face.
    Klencory is in the last 10 mins of the game? Hints at the keepers serving someone was in the last 10 mins? Hints at something running the Citadel despite no one finding its "brain"? Those were all in since me1. ME1 even talked about how the Keepers re-arrange sections of the wards without warning or discernible purpose. Dark energy wasn't built and supported through out all 3 games unless you count a mission to recruit tali and a few other dialogues as "through out the entire 3 games". All dark energy was said to do before ME2, and since ME2, is the stuff that gives eezo and mass effect fields their power.

The catalyst is bound by things that he can not change. Which is why that the crucible was needed in the first place and why it was such a powerful weapon passed down from cycle to cycle until it was finally finished and used. It allowed the Catalyst to pick a different plan. Sovereign used Saren and the Geth partly to hide his presence (which it worked as the galaxy fell for it even after being defeated) and because the geth, machines, were thought to have been better then the keepers, organics, for serving the reapers purpose.

Bioware hasn't even revealed all the secrets of the Citadel or many parts of Mass Effect. Some parts were only hinted at or explored in the books. Just because it isn't mentioned in the game or has a minor hint doesn't mean it isn't possible. Everything that happened in the ending was hinted at or done in the games at some point in time. Even more references if you include the Extended Universe.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-06-23 at 11:08 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You might as well claim that the Bible is proof of the catalyst for how much evidence. Why are you digging your heels in so deep for such a flimsy reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    You might as well claim that the Bible is proof of the catalyst for how much evidence. Why are you digging your heels in so deep for such a flimsy reason?
    Because it's his perception of the whole thing.
    And also, because most of his argument can be verified in Mass Effect (1). Been replaying it and most of what he says is true.

Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    Because it's his perception of the whole thing.
    And also, because most of his argument can be verified in Mass Effect (1). Been replaying it and most of what he says is true.
    What he says does exist, its just not evidence of the AI inhabiting the Citadel. This is like claiming nostrodamus talking about "brothers" must obviously mean the twin towers. It's matching vague words after the fact to see what you want to see. Its a fairly common method of lazy thinking.

That he does, but if we think that way the indoctrination theory is also real.
    Also let's not forget that the first ending of Mass Effect was actually supposed to be about the Dark Energy, no matter if was barely mentioned in ME1 or not.
    Plus, what difference does it make? It's a fucking magical godly child, it's bloody silly! "... but a drunk volus says something about it in ME1!", ohhh! Why didn't you said so, it's totaly fine then... NOT!
    This argument I don't understand. Why is the star child any more bloody silly than a race of blue seductresses? Or bird men? or fantastic gel that can heal you from start to finish? or guns that don't need ammo at first but then later need ammo? Or bringing a man back from the dead? You've had to swallow so many incredulities over the years ONLY NOW you get indignant about the whole thing. Was Vigil on Ilos silly? He was a blurry VI that gave you the entire story in a couple seconds. What part of the star child made you say NO BIOWARE THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-24 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    This argument I don't understand. Why is the star child any more bloody silly than a race of blue seductresses? Or bird men? or fantastic gel that can heal you from start to finish? or guns that don't need ammo at first but then later need ammo? Or bringing a man back from the dead? You've had to swallow so many incredulities over the year ONLY NOW you get indignant about the whole thing. Was Vigil on Ilos silly? He was a blurry VI that gave you the entire story in a couple seconds. What part of the star child made you say NO BIOWARE THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER?
    Because he took the form of that little kid who was killed when Shepard escaped earth. The same little kid that she dreams about 3 times. That's what irritated me. It was too much. It made no sense, why would the VI take form of that particular kid and how would it even know what that kid looks like?

Vigil made sense, it was a VI left behind by the Protheans as a warning and I'd assume that he'd take the form of a Prothean like Vendetta does if he wasn't so damaged. Vigil had a few plot surprises (OMG! THE CITADEL IS A MASS RELAY!!!!!) but rather than adding more questions to the game, the plot surprises answer questions. Why is Saren so interested in the Conduit? Because it'll get him to the Citadel where he can activate it and usher in the Reaper invasion. Now it makes sense.

Shepard being rebuilt at the start of ME2 is believable because life is a chemical reaction. An extremely complex chemical reaction, but a chemical reaction. I think it is very plausible that life can be created, that the dead can, with the right technology, be brought back. Now, would it be ethical? Would it even be the same person? Those are questions for another time, questions Shepard hints at later, asking if she's just a VI who think's she's Shepard (asked on Kronos Station.) Our bodies are organic machines, why can't they be rebuilt with advanced technology?
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-06-24 at 02:21 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Honestly I find all this whining and complaining about the ending to be completely disrespectful. To all of you who think that they could've written a better ending...you couldn't have because only the original writers can make the ending that is best for their personal piece of storytelling. Did the endings kinda suck... yeah, but you know what I can still accept these as the endings. Try growing up and learning to accept a story's ending for what it is. Eddard Stark isn't coming back, nor is Doodle, just accept the ending as it is...You're making us look bad. Try showing some respect for once for the people who spent YEARS of their lives day in and day out producing the best damn product they could. Now they come out and say that they would like to give some more insight because the ending was vague...you should be THANKING them for their generosity. Authors of other medium cannot do that (honestly nor should they except for Ayn Rand's Anthem that got lost in the wording). No matter how "personally" attached (and I use that term VERY lightly because a human being should never become so vehemently attached to something so fragile as a couple of lines of code which is all your game save file is btw) you are to your ephemeral digital avatar it was never your story to begin with it was always Bioware's. /rant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengel View Post
    Honestly I find all this whining and complaining about the ending to be completely disrespectful. To all of you who think that they could've written a better ending...you couldn't have because only the original writers can make the ending that is best for their personal piece of storytelling. Did the endings kinda suck... yeah, but you know what I can still accept these as the endings. Try growing up and learning to accept a story's ending for what it is. Eddard Stark isn't coming back, nor is Doodle, just accept the ending as it is...You're making us look bad. Try showing some respect for once for the people who spent YEARS of their lives day in and day out producing the best damn product they could. Now they come out and say that they would like to give some more insight because the ending was vague...you should be THANKING them for their generosity. Authors of other medium cannot do that (honestly nor should they except for Ayn Rand's Anthem that got lost in the wording). No matter how "personally" attached (and I use that term VERY lightly because a human being should never become so vehemently attached to something so fragile as a couple of lines of code which is all your game save file is btw) you are to your ephemeral digital avatar it was never your story to begin with it was always Bioware's. /rant
    I'm not being disrespectful, on the contrary, ME3 is one of my favorite games. But I am allowed to criticize the end. . . or any other part of the game for that matter.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    What he says does exist, its just not evidence of the AI inhabiting the Citadel. This is like claiming nostrodamus talking about "brothers" must obviously mean the twin towers. It's matching vague words after the fact to see what you want to see. Its a fairly common method of lazy thinking.
    While I've found an AI inhabiting the Citadel in Mass Effect 1, and it's arguments are basically the same as Starchild's in Mass Effect 3, and it's motivations aren't really different (reach out to the geth and try to investigate the rumors of a giant spaceship far more advanced than any other at the time), there's still a good chance it isn't EXACTLY connected to the ending in Mass Effect 3. Or maybe we all skipped the assignment to neutralize it in our playthroughs and that goddamned AI is the Starchild. Bazinga. Or not.
    Yes, I am being silly. Or at least trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    This argument I don't understand. Why is the star child any more bloody silly than a race of blue seductresses? Or bird men? or fantastic gel that can heal you from start to finish? or guns that don't need ammo at first but then later need ammo? Or bringing a man back from the dead? You've had to swallow so many incredulities over the years ONLY NOW you get indignant about the whole thing. Was Vigil on Ilos silly? He was a blurry VI that gave you the entire story in a couple seconds. What part of the star child made you say NO BIOWARE THIS FAR AND NO FURTHER?
    What they dislike about the starchild is that, while we could ask Vigil for information on most stuff there, we can't get good/reasonable explanations from the child, specially in the hows or whys of the problem.