10+ Year Old Account
    Why are Phantoms the single most evil mofo thing in this game.
    I'm fighting the asian ninja boss, and get him down to about 2health bars, and then get hit by the remaining phantom I've yet to kill and die to it.
    ALWAYS.

I hate them. SO MUCH.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'm fighting the asian ninja boss, and get him down to about 2health bars, and then get hit by the remaining phantom I've yet to kill and die to it.
    ALWAYS.

I hate them. SO MUCH.
    I don't mind the phantoms as much as the banshees. Banshees give me nightmares to this day. *shudder*

Deleted
    ALWAYS.

I hate them. SO MUCH.
    Nuke the adds first, always.
    This is EXTREMLY important on higher difficulties.
    Smack em with grenades, shockwaves, anything with aoe.

ME3 is a dangerous game to get tunnelvision in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I don't mind the phantoms as much as the banshees. Banshees give me nightmares to this day. *shudder*
    I love their scream.

As for the Catalyst taking the appearance of the small boy, we do know the Reapers have some form of mind-reading ability. In ME1 Sovereign "senses" that Saren has his doubts, and in ME2 there are the two Cerberus scientists who both can remember intricate details from the same wedding as if they experienced the exact same one. Considering the Citadel is built by the same people who originally constructed the Reapers, it's logical to assume that the Catalyst, by extension of the Citadel, has the same abilities. And he chose a form that would be "welcoming" to Shepard.

When you think about it, the end actually WAS fitting. You're half dead and suffering some of the mental symptoms of prolonged Reaper exposure. The combined fleets of the galaxy are depending on you to finish the Reapers off as quickly as possible. Do you have an extended conversation with a weird hologram you don't really understand, or do you just pick the option it gives you to kill all the Reapers? I want to know what the cycle is for, but my mission is to end it.

Just two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFoxx View Post
    When you think about it, the end actually WAS fitting. You're half dead and suffering some of the mental symptoms of prolonged Reaper exposure. The combined fleets of the galaxy are depending on you to finish the Reapers off as quickly as possible. Do you have an extended conversation with a weird hologram you don't really understand, or do you just pick the option it gives you to kill all the Reapers? I want to know what the cycle is for, but my mission is to end it.

Just two cents.
    I would at least ask what those menacing beams of light would actually do. If I spent the past 3 years busting my ass and even dying once to save the galaxy, I'd like to make damn sure I'm actually saving it and not playing right into the Reapers' plans.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFoxx View Post

Just two cents.
    Agreed. It's not like you have time to sit down with the Catalyst for a cup of tea and discuss the finer points of existence and moral standpoints.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 02:17 PM ----------

I would at least ask what those menacing beams of light would actually do. If I spent the past 3 years busting my ass and even dying once to save the galaxy, I'd like to make damn sure I'm actually saving it and not playing right into the Reapers' plans.
    Fair point. We'll see if the EC delivers on that. It has been confirmed there are additional conversation choices, the question is just where they are located.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALWAYS.

I hate them. SO MUCH.
    You wouldn't believe how much damage does hurling all your grenades while under the effects of Adrenaline Rush do. Sure, you lose them all real fast, but you won't have any dangerous enemies after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Agreed. It's not like you have time to sit down with the Catalyst for a cup of tea and discuss the finer points of existence and moral standpoints.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 02:17 PM ----------

Fair point. We'll see if the EC delivers on that. It has been confirmed there are additional conversation choices, the question is just where they are located.
    Hell, I'm not even asking for a laundry list of every consequence, I'd just like some sort of idea of what I'm actually doing to the galaxy. "Combining synthetic and organic life" doesn't tell me a whole hell of a lot, after all. lol I've only seriously chosen destruction because it's the only one that has any sort of concreteness to it in my opinion. You're destroying synthetic life, period. It sucks that I spent all that time getting the geth and quarians to live together peacefully, and spent all that time helping EDI and Joker get together and giving EDI her own sense of humanity only to destroy them all, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Yes. Personally I want to just tell the kid to go to hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO2poJAaE_I

As for the the space ninja dude...
    Shep casts shield drain, Tali Casts shield drain, Garrus casts overload, Shep casts Singularity & Warp ~ NEXT!
    Singularity with shockwave is so fucking hilarious.

CHA-BOOM

But i miss ME2 shockwave.
    Jack was so much fun...
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-24 at 12:35 PM.

Yeah I'm ok with the ending events, its just that it was extremely badly executed. It was like they suddenly realized they didn't have enough room on the disc and cut an hour of content or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    This is sad.
    I replayed the ME games 6-7 times, but i could barely stand to start D3 on hell once.
    Funny how Blizz expects people to play D3 40 times (4 difficulties per character, 2 characters per class, 5 classes) with such a poor story.
    You have no effect on the plot. You just run around and smack stuff in the face and other characters runs the show for you and every experience is identical.
    Mass Effect didnt give you much choice either. Beggining and end was already set in stone, you could only affect means how to get to the end. I expected more from a game that is being sold on promise that it has choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Mass Effect didnt give you much choice either. Beggining and end was already set in stone, you could only affect means how to get to the end. I expected more from a game that is being sold on promise that it has choices.
    The end is true, but thats why we bitched bioware into giving us EC DLC.
    Im actually interested in finishing my renegade/racist shephard playthrough with the endings coming up.

Deleted
    Diablo is focussed on the action part, not the RPG. I do hope no one picked it up expecting a robust and engaging storyline, because it has always been just a thin veiled excuse to go out and kill stuff. Some people enjoy that, others don't and that's all there really is to it.

I personally grow bored within minutes playing sports games. That doesn't make them bad, they're just not my cup of tea.

Heck, I'm not into shooters at all. ME has proven to be the exception that proves the rule I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    Diablo is focussed on the action part, not the RPG. I do hope no one picked it up expecting a robust and engaging storyline, because it has always been just a thin veiled excuse to go out and kill stuff. Some people enjoy that, others don't and that's all there really is to it.

I personally grow bored within minutes playing sports games. That doesn't make them bad, they're just not my cup of tea.

Heck, I'm not into shooters at all. ME has proven to be the exception that proves the rule I guess.
    Im not arguing with that.
    I didnt expect a mindblowing storyline.

Im just amused that, by looking at the achievements, that blizz expects people to click their way through 40 playthroughs.
    It was fun at first, but smashing the buttons like a retridin gets old fast without an engaging storyline.

Deleted
    You and I might not be up for that, but there will be other players who do. Going through the Mass Effect series is something many people will be up for doing more than 2-3 times. But those who do will probably be contributing to this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, when I choose resume in Mass Effect 3, it throws me straight into the Synthesis ending.
    I think it's trying to tell me something.

Finally got the Smash-Atlas-faceplate-and-hijack-it achievement!

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    That shit took me forever to do... and I have yet to do it a second time =_=
    So much easier to do on higher difficulties. They stay alive long enough for you to actually be able to do enough damage to the glass.

Also a protip for adepts trying the higher difficulties: For the love of the Ancestors, use Energy Drain as your bonus power.