10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    My guess would be for DLC.
    But...but...

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut represents the definitive version of the endings to the Mass Effect trilogy, and the final resolution of Commander Shepard’s journey. We have no plans to release further content related to the endings
    DLC after the end is doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or because people REALLY hate those goddamn reapers and picks destroy for the sole reason of going "You tried to kill us. Bad move, now you will face total annihilation!"
    Thats why I did it. Millions of years of genocide? Absolutely no regard for organics other than turning into goo and mech zombies?

They are lucky I didn't pick control just to crash them all into the sun.

My Shepard didn't survive a hit from Harbinger just to negotiate a surrender. He had no intention of leaving the Citadel alive as long as the Reapers were still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    But this assumes they'll go forward with ME4. ME4 very well could occur before or at the same time as ME1/2/3
    I guess I'm working under the assumption that another Mass Effect game would follow the usual Bioware format of discover small problem/find real problem/gather team/defeat real problem. If that isn't the case, they could do all kinds of small stories. But, if they want to do something big, they need to either go forward or go waaaay back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    But...but...

Because either reapers are dead (at which point everyone is scared shitless of you and aria wants to bang you) or they are working for you which will instantly make every bad guy dissapear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or because people REALLY hate those goddamn reapers and picks destroy for the sole reason of going "You tried to kill us. Bad move, now you will face total annihilation!"
    Spoken like a true Renegade. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Spoken like a true Renegade. ^^
    Its red for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    But...but...

The legend save is before the end of the game. They have the ability to squeeze content in there.

It could also be that they gave the legend save so you could play through the end multiple times.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-06-30 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I can see the series going "forward" is with Destroy. There are no threats in the Control and Synthesis universe.

They do have tons of room to go backwards and parallel though. The First Contact Wars would be an easy story to tackle. If they wanted they could even do the Prothean cycle (or any cycle). Or an MMO (I hope not)

The only possible way I can envision the series moving forward with all the endings is if the Reapers were directly or indirectly keeping some threat from outside the galaxy at bay. I don't like this storyline though, its pretty cliche.

https://twitter.com/Sjosz/status/219170306022047748

"Mass Effect panel at ‪#sdcc‬ upcoming Saturday. I do believe you will want to see it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sjosz/status/219170306022047748

"Mass Effect panel at ‪#sdcc‬ upcoming Saturday. I do believe you will want to see it."
    Wish I could go...

Same. There better be videos uploaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I guess I'm working under the assumption that another Mass Effect game would follow the usual Bioware format of discover small problem/find real problem/gather team/defeat real problem. If that isn't the case, they could do all kinds of small stories. But, if they want to do something big, they need to either go forward or go waaaay back.
    You are John Grissom, Space Explorer . . . Humanity has found the Mass Relays, it is on you to find that which lies beyond.

You are Garrus Vakarian, Scourge of Omega's Underworld
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The only way I can see the series going "forward" is with Destroy. There are no threats in the Control and Synthesis universe.

They do have tons of room to go backwards and parallel though. The First Contact Wars would be an easy story to tackle. If they wanted they could even do the Prothean cycle (or any cycle). Or an MMO (I hope not)

The only possible way I can envision the series moving forward with all the endings is if the Reapers were directly or indirectly keeping some threat from outside the galaxy at bay. I don't like this storyline though, its pretty cliche.
    Meh, First Contact War is pretty underwhelming, especially when we as players already know that the Turians were just doing the job entrusted to them by the Citadel Council. Besides, who really wants to kill a bunch of Turians?

Other than that, the human side of the story is pretty quiet until Eden Prime. There's way back stuff like the Krogan Rebellions, the Rachni Wars, Prothean Cycle, etc, but I'm skeptical that Bioware would risk not having a human protagonist that isn't an established character, like Garrus or Wrex.

So, I think the story probably will move forward.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    You are John Grissom, Space Explorer . . . Humanity has found the Mass Relays, it is on you to find that which lies beyond.

You are Garrus Vakarian, Scourge of Omega's Underworld
    But we already know what's beyond and as much as I would adore playing Garrus as BatTurian, that just doesn't sound like a Bioware game to me.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-06-30 at 09:05 PM.

The shepard alive thing at the end reminds me what happened at the end of the sopranos. It's just a tease that leaves it open to your intrepetation so the community can talk about it and it can excite and flare up peoples imaginations. When David Chase ended the sopranos your not sure if tony is gonna get whacked in the restaurant with his family or not, things sort of add up to that and the evidence points that way (just as it does with shep being alive and the breathing scene) but it's not proven actually or anything. The producers just wanted to leave it open to interpretation so people would think about it and discuss about it. Oddly similar controversy surronded that ending as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    You know what? It would suck balls.
    Because we already know what happened...

I believe they will do the same with Dragon Age, after that HUGE EPIC story, something smaller came in order to create a bridge for another future epic story.
    Plus if you think a little, it ain't that hard to import the save game from ME3, as long as they don't focus much in what happened, they can do it without many problems.

Edited: Also, I seen the other day someone mentioning that it would be impossible for the current races to fix the relays by picking the red ending. The fuck! Why? Protheans manage to create their own mini relay, while being stuck in a planet with limited time... they don't know more about the mass relay system because no one ever really dared to touch it, you see how the keepers are treated in the citadel... =X
    The problem with importing saves is that the ends are still so vastly different that they'd almost have to make everything in triplicate.

Furthermore, as has been said, with Green, the Reapers aid us. With Blue, they are practically now our guardian angels. Given how powerful they are, what sort of threat could really threaten the galaxy? And then are you saying there's something worse than Reapers waiting for us?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    You have to keep in mind that if the indoctrination thing is true, then the red ending where Shepard survives places him back before any real decision was made (the "destroy all synthetic life" thing only happened in his mind). In reality the red option (or only option) would destroy ONLY the Reapers like they originally planned and leave the Geth/AI/his friends still very much alive.

That's the reason most people want to believe the indoctrination thing is true. It gives you the possibility for an actual good ending (which currently doesn't really exist).
    IT is dead dude. Dead dead dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Meh, First Contact War is pretty underwhelming, especially when we as players already know that the Turians were just doing the job entrusted to them by the Citadel Council. Besides, who really wants to kill a bunch of Turians?

Other than that, the human side of the story is pretty quiet until Eden Prime. There's way back stuff like the Krogan Rebellions, the Rachni Wars, Prothean Cycle, etc, but I'm skeptical that Bioware would risk not having a human protagonist that isn't an established character, like Garrus or Wrex.

So, I think the story probably will move forward.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 09:06 PM ----------

But we already know what's beyond and as much as I would adore playing Garrus as BatTurian, that just doesn't sound like a Bioware game to me.
    Lulz, Batturian was kind of tongue in cheek anyways.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Catalyst mentioned that even if we destroy the relays in Destroy ending, the races can rebuild them with little problem.

Deleted
    They could continue the story with Garrus or Leiara as main protagonists. If I remember right, they're the only ones that are sure to survive in any scenario whatsoever, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    They could continue the story with Garrus or Leiara as main protagonists. If I remember right, they're the only ones that are sure to survive in any scenario whatsoever, right?
    Well, Garrus can take a rocket to the face in the Collector base.. Well he have about 4 chances to die there.