"I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees. That was a joke." EDI plushie. Right meow.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-07-03 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    "This one has forgotten whether its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate?"

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! They need to cash in on these things. I would buy the shit out of them. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Eat it Rhorle! Ah!
    Nothing I said is changed or invalidated. Going off of just that scene it is possible that Shepard still dies, or that it was Shepards death scene. I knew about the info you quoted last week since Bioware mentioned it on their Mass Effect Twitter. The discussion was about that scene and that there could be multiple outcomes that involved Shepards death just from that scene. Of course further info that isn't in the scene would change the meaning. I never thought that Shepard was dead as we also have the Datapad App which implies that the Love Interest is reunited with Shepard (though it really isn't known how cannon the Datapad App is).

The Beauty and Artistic part of the endings was (and is even though the Extended Cut changed how much) that you could really create the Ending you wanted for your Shepard within the confines of the 3 choices. Much like the rest of the game. You are given some things as Facts but given great leeway to create your own story.

If you wanted blue babies on a beach you could have had that ending pre-EC but just imagining it as your ending. Control could have had Shepard downloading into a Synthetic body like EDI's and have lots of babies with his Love Interest (Cloned from LI unless Shepards DNA is on file some where). Just as you could have had Shepard dead even with the Destroy ending.

Interpretation is the doorway to imagination.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This whole "Shepard lives/dies" argument is rather silly. I mean, Shepard is bound to die sooner or later!

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOH! OOOH!

Squeezy Major Kirrahe!

"WE WILL HOLD THE LINE"
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Going to copy CHALET's list here since it is an easy to read lay out.

Mariel Shepard

Saved Wrex
    Saved Kirahee
    Killed Kaidan
    Saved Rachni Queen
    Romanced Liara.
    Got Saren to off himself.
    Saved the Council.

Saved Genophage Data
    No romance
    Killed Morinth.
    All crew survived.
    All squaddies survived.
    Distroyed the Collector Base.
    Saved David (Overlord)

Mordin dies heroically, Genophage Cured
    Geth and Quarians made peace.
    Ashly Joins crew.
    Miranda Joins the crucible project.
    Wrex Marries "Eve" and has little bouncing land sharks.
    Liara Romance
    Chose Synthesis.
    Best Ending (7700+ EMS, 300 points from Multi-player ).

Most of the major choices were paragon, but I had plenty of renegade points.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    OOOH! OOOH!

Squeezy Major Kirrahe!

"WE WILL HOLD THE LINE"
    That sounds diiiiirty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I never really cared for him so i didnt care when he died in the Suicide mission (he dies if he goes in vent, and here i thought it was the best choice)
    But the Geth VI was simply so horrendous so i replayed from the collector base.
    So you never did his loyalty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    So you never did his loyalty.
    I'm sure many didn't do his loyalty mission unless they did more then one play through. I had to start a pre-me3 play through over again (lost about 2/3rd) of the progress because I forgot that if you delay going to the collector base kelly and the crew dies. So I imagine a lot missed his loyalty mission unless they timed everything right to allow for that "one extra" mission.

The geth really should have had a more central role in the ending of ME3 and should have played a larger role in the ending. Hell the geth were even building their own "reaper" (minus the whole galactic killing part) when the Quarians attacked. Its why they joined the "old machines"/Reapers. That dreadnought alone would have been a huge asset. I would have sided with the geth to destroy the Quarians in a heartbeat

And it would have been nice to show up at the catalyst with a organics and synthetics being all peaceful. And be like you suck cycle 92321 rules.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The geth really should have had a more central role in the ending of ME3 and should have played a larger role in the ending. Hell the geth were even building their own "reaper" (minus the whole galactic killing part) when the Quarians attacked. Its why they joined the "old machines"/Reapers. That dreadnought alone would have been a huge asset. I would have sided with the geth to destroy the Quarians in a heartbeat

And it would have been nice to show up at the catalyst with a organics and synthetics being all peaceful. And be like you suck cycle 92321 rules.
    I will say that, were it not for Tali or the ability to rep check your way to the peaceful solution, I would have had no problem letting the Geth obliterate the Quarians. Bunch of idiots is what they are.

Also, I do think it would be interesting if you could show the Starchild that he is wrong; that organics and synthetics can peacefully coexist, thus negating the need for the Reapers without having to use the Crucible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Also, I do think it would be interesting if you could show the Starchild that he is wrong; that organics and synthetics can peacefully coexist, thus negating the need for the Reapers without having to use the Crucible.
    It likely wouldn't have convinced the Catalyst since I believe he talks about the original cycle having a "peace" or trying peace but it never lasted. Someone would eventually break it but it was never stated who. There isn't anything to say that the geth and Quarians wouldn't go to war again. Or that someone else wouldn't go to war with them, or that EDI wouldn't go crazy if some kid pushed joker and broke all his bones.

We see several times that the geth don't consider the loss of life from acts of violence/war the same as organics do. And I think its more that "fundamental" difference in viewpoints that the Catalyst is referring to rather then the ability for them to be as peaceful as any other nation/race/culture/group-in-power. It is that fundamental difference that will always lead to war eventually and a bad war.

I just wanted to do it because its flaunting it in front of the Catalyst. And then when I still have to make the choice I can shove a toaster into the blue beam and know that the Geth would have seen it as a logical choice.

Guess what just arrived today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Going to copy CHALET's list here since it is an easy to read lay out.

Mariel Shepard

Saved Wrex
    Saved Kirahee
    Killed Kaidan
    Saved Rachni Queen
    Romanced Liara.
    Got Saren to off himself.
    Saved the Council.

Saved Genophage Data
    No romance
    Killed Morinth.
    All crew survived.
    All squaddies survived.
    Distroyed the Collector Base.
    Saved David (Overlord)

Mordin dies heroically, Genophage Cured
    Ashly Joins crew.
    Miranda Joins the crucible project.
    Wrex Marries "Eve" and has little bouncing land sharks.
    Liara Romance
    Chose Synthesis.
    Best Ending (7700+ EMS, 300 points from Multi-player ).

Most of the major choices were paragon, but I had plenty of renegade points.
    Horus Shepard:
    Earth Born War Hero
    Soldier

Saved Wrex
    Saved Kirahee
    Lost Kaidan
    Saved Rachni Queen
    Romanced Ashley
    Killed Saren
    Saved the Council

Saved Genophage Data
    Romanced Miranda
    Killed Morinth
    Completed All Loyalty Missions
    Saved Legion
    All crew survived
    All squaddies survived
    Destroyed the Collector Base

Mordin dies
    Genophage Cured
    Ashley Joins crew
    All ME2 character War Assets but Kasumi
    Rachni Queen Saved (Again!)
    Wrex Marries "Eve" and has little bouncing land sharks
    Ashley Romance
    Killed TIM before he killed Anderson
    Chose Destroy
    Best Ending

Deleted
    Well since everyone else is doing it, and being a senior bastard argument EVERYTHING, i shall allow you to bask in my glorious path.

Viking Shepard:
    Spacer War Hero
    Vanguard

Killed Wrex on Virmire
    Saved Kirahee
    Sacrifised Kaidan
    Killed Rachni Queen
    Romanced Liara
    Made Saren see the light
    Saved the Council

Deleted Genophage Data
    Romanced Tali
    Killed Morinth
    Completed All Loyalty Missions
    Kept Legion
    Let loose Grunt
    All crew survived
    All squaddies survived
    Destroyed the Collector Base

Mordin saved
    Genophage sabotaged
    Ashley Joins crew
    All ME2 character War Assets but Kasumi
    Rachni Queen left to die
    Wreav is a tool
    Liara Romance
    Made TIM see the errors of his ways
    Chose Destroy
    Shepard survived

Alternative playthrough:
    John Shepard:
    Earth Born Ruthless
    Soldier

Killed Wrex
    Let Kirahee die
    Sacrifised Kaidan
    Gave Rachni Queen an acid bath
    Romanced Ashley
    Killed Saren
    Killed the Council

Destroyed Genophage Data
    Romanced Jack
    Killed Samantha
    Completed nearly all loyalty missions
    Kasumi was not recruited
    Sold Legion
    Grunt is still a vegetable
    All crew died
    Suicide mission KIA is as follows:
    -Tali and Thane killed during approach
    -Garrus died during infiltration
    -Jacob kidnapped by swarm
    -Mordin gunned down during diversion
    Surviving team: Miranda, Jack and Zaeed
    Kept the Collector Base

Padok Wiks dies
    Genophage sabotaged
    Geth are extinct (boosted their numbers during ME2 legion loyalty to bring down the quarians numbers)
    Ashley shot
    Fake Rachni Queen left to die
    Wreav is still a tool
    Ashley Romance
    Killed TIM before he killed Anderson
    Chose Destroy
    Shepard lives

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Guess what just arrived today.

*Tali cup*
    That's AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That's AWESOME!
    Yes. Yes, it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'm sure many didn't do his loyalty mission unless they did more then one play through. I had to start a pre-me3 play through over again (lost about 2/3rd) of the progress because I forgot that if you delay going to the collector base kelly and the crew dies. So I imagine a lot missed his loyalty mission unless they timed everything right to allow for that "one extra" mission.
    You need to do one mission after the Reaper IFF in order for the Normandy to be attacked and the crew to be abducted, so you can choose to help Legion if you want to.. if you have done every single other mission and DLC at that point I think it's actually the only way for the story to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    You need to do one mission after the Reaper IFF in order for the Normandy to be attacked and the crew to be abducted, so you can choose to help Legion if you want to.. if you have done every single other mission and DLC at that point I think it's actually the only way for the story to progress.
    This is correct.

However, there is a bug. If you have not done Tali's loyalty mission prior to the Reaper IFF, you can do both her and Legion's missions before triggering the attack on the Normandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is correct.

However, there is a bug. If you have not done Tali's loyalty mission prior to the Reaper IFF, you can do both her and Legion's missions before triggering the attack on the Normandy.
    That's a bug? I thought that was intended, what with the unique dialogue you get for bringing Legion along.