Deleted
    Supply Pylon sounds a bit OP...
    Infinite grenades? :\
    Also the new Sentinel is more techy than most Engineers ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    Two completely different departments work on SP and MP.One based in Edmonton and the other Montreal I believe.
    I know, and I know it's ridiculous to worry about it, but that doesn't change the fact I worry about it. I just still see it as potential resources they're taking away from SP DLC.

Either way, I'm am looking forward to the new classes, it's nice that they each have unique abilities unlike the last DLC, but I can't help but not care about Platinum difficulty. I mean I might try it a few times, but I've been playing gold exclusively pretty much ever since the game came out but and generally speaking, a good amount of players I get matched with aren't very good to say the least. So trying to pug Platinum sounds like a huge pain to me considering all I ever do is pug. So it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I know, I just worry the quality of the SP DLC is going to suffer because of the resources they're dedicating to keeping MP alive. :/
    Luckily, it's two different studios. BioWare Edmonton is in charge of the singleplayer, while I believe it's their Montreal studio that's in charge of MP.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    Two completely different departments work on SP and MP.One based in Edmonton and the other Montreal I believe.
    Lol, guess someone was faster than me. Guess that's what happens when one oversleeps by several hours. xD

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Supply Pylon sounds a bit OP...
    Infinite grenades? :\
    Also the new Sentinel is more techy than most Engineers ^.^
    I'm guessing there's a huge internal cooldown on the grenade resupply.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 12:42 PM ----------

I know, and I know it's ridiculous to worry about it, but that doesn't change the fact I worry about it. I just still see it as potential resources they're taking away from SP DLC.
    My guess is they're being funded by people spending a ton of BioWare Points to improve their luck with weapon crates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    While it certainly is interesting to have a choice between multiple species and see how the story unfolds around those choices it is not something I want. At least if they go the route of DA:Origins. Where the only real difference is the prologue to the story and it has little effect outside of that. The problem with multiple races/species is that it creates exponential growth for all the choices if you want to make the race/species selection meaningful.

I'd rather have one great story that I get to influence with a central theme then risk a homogenized story. Mass effect 3's entire story would only work for a human character. To retain that level of story and richness they would have to create an additional game for each race.
    The big problem is voice acting. It's become a big staple, to the point of being expected (YMMV of course). DA:O got around it with a silent protagonist, but BW changed that in favor of a fully voice-acted Hawke in DA2. It feels pretty unlikely that they would go back to that with future titles and, while they could certainly decide to give every race/gender combination a separate voice actor akin to like they did in TOR, that would probably be a very pricy option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    By whose measure? A 3rd rate website that no one every heard of? Not that I don't have issues with EA but that "award" for worst company in America was ludicrous, especially considering who weren't even in the list of organizations the website put up for voting.
    It was a poll on the Consumerist, but the pollsters were idiots. On the scale of things, the horrible original endings to ME is NOTHING to what the banks did to my country's economy. In fact, EA's not even among the top 10, perhaps even 100, worst companies ever. There are so many horrible companies that have done damage to our economy and our environment, or invested in war and death, that EA doesn't even make the list.

Worst company for publishing bad video games? People need some goddamn perspective.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    The big problem is voice acting. It's become a big staple, to the point of being expected (YMMV of course). DA:O got around it with a silent protagonist, but BW changed that in favor of a fully voice-acted Hawke in DA2. It feels pretty unlikely that they would go back to that with future titles and, while they could certainly decide to give every race/gender combination a separate voice actor akin to like they did in TOR, that would probably be a very pricy option.
    Maybe DA2/ME did spoil me, but the silent protagonist no longer works for me. In fact, it irks me. Even Gordon Freeman kinda pissed me off lol.

Now I understand that if I want an ME RPG where I can pick from multiple races, there'd have to be a male and female VA for every race, and that would be an immense amount of work. But still, I prefer to have a protagonist that speaks.

But if they did it in SWTOR, why wouldn't it be possible in an SP RPG?
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-07-11 at 11:28 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    It was a poll on the Consumerist, but the pollsters were idiots. On the scale of things, the horrible original endings to ME is NOTHING to what the banks did to my country's economy. In fact, EA's not even among the top 10, perhaps even 100, worst companies ever. There are so many horrible companies that have done damage to our economy and our environment, or invested in war and death, that EA doesn't even make the list.

Worst company for publishing bad video games? People need some goddamn perspective.
    One would belive that it being called "consumerist" would imply that the poll would focus on the effects on the consumers, instead of captain planet and they would vote depending on how they as a consumer was affected.

How about you get some perspective.
    Also, opinions.

It wasnt a committe sent by the government or a human rights group that set out to find out what is the worst company in USA, they asked the common people to vote what they thought.
    You can cancel your crusade now.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-11 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're already working on new singly player DLC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...by-voice-actor

I think I should probably farm MP and get some credits to use when the DLC hits next week. I can't even afford one pack at the moment.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 04:23 PM ----------

Now, if only I could actually launch the MP without hanging on the loading screen....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Maybe DA2/ME did spoil me, but the silent protagonist no longer works for me. In fact, it irks me. Even Gordon Freeman kinda pissed me off lol.

Now I understand that if I want an ME RPG where I can pick from multiple races, there'd have to be a male and female VA for every race, and that would be an immense amount of work. But still, I prefer to have a protagonist that speaks.

But if they did it in SWTOR, why wouldn't it be possible in an SP RPG?
    Any game without a subscription will need to recoup its costs through the sale of the game itself (and possibly DLC). It's probably not impossible, but the added cost will be hard to succesfully pitch to investors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    Any game without a subscription will need to recoup its costs through the sale of the game itself (and possibly DLC). It's probably not impossible, but the added cost will be hard to succesfully pitch to investors.
    Lets hope Bioware have been successful enough to get that big fat goldsack from the investors they need then.

Official MP DLC reveal announcement:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/11/earth/

Guess that reddit guy has some good connections, he hasn't been wrong yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere that it would include platinum mode...
    i bet its a n7 ONLY mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Dunno where they got the info, but Kotaku has a lot more than the official announcement:

http://kotaku.com/5925136/mass-effec...mment=50847055

New objective, new weapon mods, new upgrades!

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    I read somewhere that it would include platinum mode...
    i bet its a n7 ONLY mode.
    It's a new difficulty. It's harder than Gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's a new difficulty. It's harder than Gold.
    yup, like I said I bet it's a N7 only.
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Deleted
    And here i was getting doubtful over the fantasy-rpg naming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    yup, like I said I bet it's a N7 only.
    All classes in multiplayer are considered to be N7 members. Multiplayer are N7 squads completing objectives and the weekend events are "N7 operations".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    All classes in multiplayer are considered to be N7 members. Multiplayer are N7 squads completing objectives and the weekend events are "N7 operations".
    yeah, i know, i was talking about the new classes...cmon it wasn't that hard to understand, was it?

-not only MP btw.

Deleted
    so how long until we get a medic class?
    Or is that the paladin?

New characters are only Rare, not Ultra-Rare!

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...08078298599425