10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Voice actors aren't specific to companies. Look at Steve Blum, he has been in about every video game as well.
    I know that. Just found it interesting that there were so many from BioWare games in D3.
    Putin khuliyo

That is because BioWare often focus on getting the best voice talent and more and more games realize that solid voice acting is important.

Hey so I found ME1 for sale on GmG for $5 and since I already own it I'm trying to get them as cheap as possible for pc. Now my question is that if I get ME1&2 on GmG will I be able to transfer my character from 2 over to 3 if I buy 3 from amazon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hey so I found ME1 for sale on GmG for $5 and since I already own it I'm trying to get them as cheap as possible for pc. Now my question is that if I get ME1&2 on GmG will I be able to transfer my character from 2 over to 3 if I buy 3 from amazon?
    Should, it's only the save files and not some sort of crazy drm.
    I transferred my 360 char just by renaming the file extension on the save lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    FemShep, Jedi Knight Bastila (KOTOR) and Leah. .
    Next role: Jar Jar Binks in whatever star wars abomination they put out next.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    You can spot some similarities in certain roles, but she is just one of those voice actors that has an insane control over their voice. Another is Mark Hamill. I would never have figured he'd be the Joker from the Batman animated shows and the Arkham games.
    The (voice) force is strong in him.
    Its good he didnt just fall down that his sidekick (Han Solo) got all the glory and moviecareer instead of him.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, or that it's terribly surprising that voice actors would do games for multiple companies. Just found it interesting.
    Voiceactors are hired contractors that does random jobs for any studio that employs them like any other actor.
    Voiceactors tend to enjoy great fame in Japan.

They dont get 50 million dollar checks from doing the lead of a game so they cant do one game and sit back for 10 years like actors.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-02 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yep! All your saves are stored in your Documents folder. Doesn't matter where you buy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Next role: Jar Jar Binks in whatever star wars abomination they put out next.
    Jar Jar Binks. The one thing that makes Mass Effect superior to Star Wars. Without him . . . well, Star Wars has light sabers.
    Putin khuliyo

Jar Jar Binks. The one thing that makes Mass Effect superior to Star Wars. Without him . . . well, Star Wars has light sabers.
    I've never really been a fan of Star Wars so meh. lol

Deleted
    Mass Effect have biotic powers which one ups the force any day of the week.

We agree on something at last? I'm shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, biotics don't grant the precognitive and predictive abilities of the force, nor do they really allow one to react fast enough to block or dodge bullets via a lightsaber.

Also, lightsabers.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I dunno, biotics don't grant the precognitive and predictive abilities of the force, nor do they really allow one to react fast enough to block or dodge bullets via a lightsaber.

Also, lightsabers.
    Biotics absorbs energy bullets.

And omniblades > lightsabers.
    Their only variety is what colour they are or if theres another blade on the other end whereas ominblades have different shapes and can be customized for different fightingstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    We agree on something at last? I'm shocked.
    No, its just that i turned you from pro-force to pro-biotic.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-02 at 01:03 PM.

I much prefer the mass effect universe to star wars.

But star wars will always have that nostalgia from my childhood that mass effect can never replace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think ME is a better built universe than SW. Less of a hodge podge of random shit for one thing.

I just love lightsabers.

It's still pretty close with me though, and much of that is indeed nostalgia.
    Putin khuliyo

I like to compile my Mass Effect VS Star Wars into some categories.

Shit VS Shit ---- Mass Effect 3's Ending VS Prequels...... Winner - Tie, they're equally Terrible.

Best VS Best --- Empire Strikes Back&A New Hope VS Mass Effect 1&2 ...... Winner - Star Wars

Characters VS Characters --- Cast(Original Trilogy+Ewan McGregor) VS Cast(All ME Games)..... Winner - Mass Effect

Universe VS Universe --- Lore, Book stories, Comics etc ........ Winner - Mass Effect

Main Character VS Main Character --- Shepard VS Luke ...... Winner - Mass Effect

Biggest "OH SHIT" moment --- Vader is Luke's Father VS Human-Reaper ME2 ..... Winner - Star Wars

So Mass Effect wins out by 1 point. And Bonus point - Asari > Twi'leks. I definitely think it's a more well-structured Sci-Fi universe, it's evident George Lucas didn't really think much about his universe beyond his films. Star Wars Original trilogy is still my 3rd favourite (Trilogy) of all time, but Mass Effect's Universe is still stronger and more interesting.

Deleted
    I never liked a new hope.
    I was more fond of Return of the Jedi (a farmboy with a 1 week crashcourse ressurects the jedi order) because it showed that the empire was more than 5 blokes with tech more highgrade than they can handle and because it felt more grand.
    And that they actually used their superweapon instead of twirling their moustaches going "mwuahahah fear its incomprehensible power!".
    Shame that stormtroopers still are incompetent enough to be beaten by a gang of midget wookies throwing rocks.

When it comes to "how does this work?", Star wars is usually, if not close to always, silent which is a major point to ME that explains how it works and you realise that it could realisticly.
    Except things like the Shroud.
    That was never properly explained.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-02 at 05:46 PM.

ESB was easily the best star wars episode in my opinion.

As far as comparing that to the Mass Effect world, really tough to say. It was more memorable to me than anything in mass effect but as a whole (series vs series) mass effect is superior in my estimation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    ESB was easily the best star wars episode in my opinion.

As far as comparing that to the Mass Effect world, really tough to say. It was more memorable to me than anything in mass effect but as a whole (series vs series) mass effect is superior in my estimation.
    Heh, thats how I am with trilogies, I find myself usually preferring the second of the series, and its true for SW and ME. ESB and ME2 are my favorites. SW is very memorable, I just feel ME is better written and more cohesive, especially when it comes to characters.

For example, the protagonist. Shepard doesn't complain and whine NEARLY as much as Luke Crybaby.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-02 at 06:49 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    the EA summer showcase is starting...it shoudl bring some more info about ME3 next DLC

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 09:00 PM ----------

some info
    Last edited by shimargh; 2012-08-02 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.