I tend to skip ME1. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like skipping the first one, because I like having all the little ref. to it in the 2nd one. But its just so time consuming.

I use the save editor to make it as though I imported from ME1 so it works for me. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    So, I gotta say, Ashley feels so much more human in ME3. This playthrough is the first one I've actually played past Mars with her alive. She's much more likable in ME3 than she has been in the past two games. lol
    I did one with Ashley myself. And I agree, she's a much better character in ME3 than in ME1. Can't stand her in ME1.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I don't really like skipping the first one, because I like having all the little ref. to it in the 2nd one. But its just so time consuming.
    I'm at the point where I just rush through ME1. I get the important stuff done, maybe explore a planet or two, and then move on. If I don't meet NPCs like Helena Blake in ME2, who cares. As long as Conrad Verner is available in all three games, I'm good.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm at the point where I just rush through ME1. I get the important stuff done, maybe explore a planet or two, and then move on. If I don't meet NPCs like Helena Blake in ME2, who cares. As long as Conrad Verner is available in all three games, I'm good.
    I so wish I could do that, but I'm always super OCD when it comes to finishing everything possible in ME1. XD I don't know why, because I'm not like that with ME2 and ME3. But in ME1, if I don't do every mission, I go nuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    My main character has to scan every freaking planet, do every single side mission, save every single cat from the evil trees.
    Otherwise I'll be upset =(
    Silly king of the boy scouts.
    I rather go with the approach where you put a spider beneath the seat of the arachnophobic shuttledriver and watch him crash into the tree.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-03 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    C'mon GetDataBack you can do it, you can do it!
    Just one hour left of scanning to do! C'mon!

My main character has to scan every freaking planet, do every single side mission, save every single cat from the evil trees.
    Otherwise I'll be upset =(
    Oh man, I can't scan every planet in ME2. When I have all my upgrades, I'm like "fuck this shit" and stop scanning. I'll still check them out for side missions of course, but I won't scan them. Planet scanning is the one thing I hate about ME2. The ONLY thing. ME2 is otherwise my favorite of the trilogy.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Yes it is, but most people are polite enough to put spoiler tags on that sort of thing, even if it isn't confirmed info. :\

And by spoiler tags, I mean the literal /spoiler tag, not just giant letters saying spoiler.
    Once again, sorry, I did all I could by choosing the biggest text size and choosing a bright color. I donno how to place spoiler tags :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Once again, sorry, I did all I could by choosing the biggest text size and choosing a bright color. I donno how to place spoiler tags :/
    [spoiler] [ /spoiler] without the space before the slash. That'll put a black box over the text that people have to click to read what's in it, like this.

[spoiler] [ /spoiler] without the space before the slash. That'll put a black box over the text that people have to click to read what's in it, like this.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...fect-3s-ending

Commander Shepard's story arguably won't benefit from Mass Effect 3 single-player expansions, but BioWare's willing to compromise if you buy the Leviathan add-on: Completing the downloadable content creates an additional rift in your ending. You can expect to see multiple Easter eggs, subtle changes, and references to its story when you reach the Extended Cut conclusion.
    I knew it. I knew it from the moment they said the fanbase wouldn't react like they did if they knew what was coming.

Not sure why that's a big deal. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    . I'm somewhat curious to see how big of an impact this dlc will have on the ending. Interesting. They said we'd get back story about the reapers in this thing, I wonder if it will make the star child and his creation seem like less of an absurdity for some.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-03 at 07:09 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Not sure why that's a big deal. o.o
    Combine it with all the other DLC that's bound to come, and the EC might become obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Insert Take My Money Image Here*

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's on par with the LotSB dlc in ME2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...fect-3s-ending

I knew it. I knew it from the moment they said the fanbase wouldn't react like they did if they knew what was coming.
    Oh good, so it is a "buy the good ending" scenario.
    Guess I'll have a pirate version as well as one for MP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh good, so it is a "buy the good ending" scenario.
    Guess I'll have a pirate version as well as one for MP.
    No that's not what it is. The ending won't change all that much. From what I've read you'll only get a few more dialogue choices with the star child.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    No that's not what it is. The ending won't change all that much. From what I've read you'll only get a few more dialogue choices with the star child.
    They're making an underwater atlas ride have more effect on the storyline than either saving the Rachni, killing any number of squadmates or blowing up the collector base...

If ANYTHING else you did in any of the games (besides a flat EMS boost) had an effect on the ending it wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels like a way to make people snap it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with them adding an incentive to entice people to buy it. Also, I'm not sure it's fair to reduce the entirety of the pack to an underwater Atlas ride. I mean, I could on the same hand reduce the Rachni queen event in ME to a Mako trip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They're making an underwater atlas ride have more effect on the storyline than either saving the Rachni, killing any number of squadmates or blowing up the collector base...

If ANYTHING else you did in any of the games (besides a flat EMS boost) had an effect on the ending it wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels like a way to make people snap it up.

uhh No. It's only giving you a couple more dialogue options with the kid. Like nothing will change other than you can ask him an additional question. It probably won't give you very much EMS and the rest of the stuff you do in the main game (including saving the Rachni and gaining their EMS) is far more influential. This is just a bonus.

I'm so tired of not being able to get nice things because people have problems. I want more dialogue with the star child. I want to find out about the reapers and I want it to open up what I can say at the end even if it's only a little bit.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-03 at 07:54 PM.
    The hammer comes down: