10+ Year Old Account
    The only time a squad member was killed in a playthrough was Mordin, and I don't remember why. Only happened once. After that I made sure everyone made it out alive in my subsequent runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    first thing that went in my mind "what the fuck, why is always the black dude?"
    If ME2 was a horror movie...
    It would be damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I let Jacob do the hacking first time I played ME2... first thing that went in my mind "what the fuck, why is always the black dude?" then my brother warned me that I actually had to send someone who knew one or two things about hacking... =X
    Honestly, the first time I played, I actually picked all the right people. I knew I needed someone with experience to lead the fire team so I used Jacob, I knew I needed a hacker, so I used Tali and I knew I needed a biotic, so I used Samara. The run didn't go very well because I screwed up Samara's mission (I stupidly picked a topic from the right side of the wheel when talking to Morinth) so Thane was killed by the bugs and I think I lost Jack and Legion because I did their loyalty missions at the wrong time and thus didn't have enough paragon/renegade points to resolve their conflicts with Miranda and Tali.

But somehow I at least figured out who goes where.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    First time I did suicide run I fubarred, and most of my people died because I thought that Zaeed would be a good person to pick for team leader but noooooooooooooooooo, and ofc y'know Mordin has very low hold the line points and it all just kind of went down hill from there. My friend was like "really, you got everyone killed?" I was like "I thought Zaeed would be perfect for the job!" Of course, shouldn't have surprised her...I did get Wrex killed in my first playthru of ME because I didnt realize I had to take the paragon choice in the decision. :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I did get Wrex killed in my first playthru of ME because I didnt realize I had to take the paragon choice in the decision. :\
    No, you had to take the options where hes shot.
    You did right son.

Don't think this has been posted yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    August 21, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Locust SMG
    - Damage increased from [34.3-42.8] to [37.7-47.1]

Crusader Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [486.6-608.3] to [530.9-663.6]

Kishock Sniper Rifle
    - Damage multiplier for full charge increased from 150% to 175%

Biotic Charge Power (all kits excluding the Krogan)
    - Base damage increased from 250 to 400
    - Base force increased from 500 to 600

Biotic Charge Power (Krogan only)
    - Base damage increased from 400 to 500
    - Evolve 4 melee damage bonus increased from 25% to 40% and duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds

Biotic Charge Power (all kits including the Krogan)
    - Rank 3 damage and force bonus increased from 20% to 30%
    - Evolve 1 damage and force bonus increased from 30% to 40%
    - Evolve 3 weapon damage bonus increased from 15% to 25% and duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds
    - Evolve 4 power damage and force bonus increased from 25% to 40% but duration decreased from 15 to 10 seconds
    - Evolve 5 chance to cause no cooldown increased from 25% to 33%

Electric Slash Power
    - Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Biotic Slash Power
    - Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Sticky Grenade Power
    - Base damage increased from 750 to 900

Deleted
    Oh im gonna love my goldfarming krogan vanguard even more now.
    Im gonna be the goddamn juggernaut.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-22 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    I let Jacob do the hacking first time I played ME2... first thing that went in my mind "what the fuck, why is always the black dude?" then my brother warned me that I actually had to send someone who knew one or two things about hacking... =X
    The first time I made the Suicide Mission in ME2, I was convinced that the people I was going to choose were going to die regardless of their ability. Given ME1 experience I thought I just had to choose who to let go. That's why I started by sending Thane to the hack job because, well, he was near his end anyway.

So he died, I wasn't surprised, but when the biotic survived I was like, really? checked it online and then "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" poor Thane...

I found this hilarious for some reason.

Deleted
    This weeks challenge.

Operation ALLOY (August 24th 11AM MDT – August 26th 5AM MDT)

A training center will only take a recruit so far. Our recruits need field experience, so it’s time to integrate them with seasoned squads during our next series of sweeps.

Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All players awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and an increase to medi-gel capacity
    Seems a bit easier than what they've been doing lately :\

Maybe they know GW2 is out (well, headstart) so they don't want a more difficult operation that's doomed to failure? Or maybe that's giving them too much credit? Iunno. lol

But this weekend I might actually do it!

Haha, guess they really want us to have the medi-gel increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Maybe they know GW2 is out (well, headstart) so they don't want a more difficult operation that's doomed to failure? Or maybe that's giving them too much credit? Iunno. lol

But this weekend I might actually do it!
    That was my thought as well. I mean they've let us fail in the past but they know this weekend has a big release so I don't know make it easier I guess?

We were due for a promotion goal anyway, it is not really that surprising. I actually thought that Overwatch would be a promote event, but I guess I was a week off. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    We were due for a promotion goal anyway, it is not really that surprising. I actually thought that Overwatch would be a promote event, but I guess I was a week off. :P
    If they were timing a promotion event to go along with GW2's headstart/launch then maybe they postponed it by one event.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would it be tied to any other game? Mass effect multiplayer isn't competing against anything else. If they were to do anything it would be to delay an event so people would still play Mass Effect instead of not playing it.

The Promotion event is happening because Leviathan is releasing after the event is over and this is encouragement for people to level and promote their multiplayer characters to boost their Galaxy at War ratings, both War assets and Galactic Readiness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why would it be tied to any other game? Mass effect multiplayer isn't competing against anything else. If they were to do anything it would be to delay an event so people would still play Mass Effect instead of not playing it.

The Promotion event is happening because Leviathan is releasing after the event is over and this is encouragement for people to level and promote their multiplayer characters to boost their Galaxy at War ratings, both War assets and Galactic Readiness.
    I never said it was competing against anything else, rhorle, but thank you for reading too far into everything other people say for the sake of "discussion," as usual. It's comforting.

Holding a certain event around the same time as another game's launch doesn't mean they're competing, it means they realize they're going to lose players ( the ones who would rather play Y instead of X because Y is shiny and new). Not only that, I said what I said as more of a passing joke than anything meant to be taken seriously. Plus, holding a promotion event this weekend wouldn't be any different than holding it on the previous event in terms of making people excited to play Leviathan. With how low the EMS requirements are now, there isn't even a reason to promote anymore. They could've held any other type of event this weekend and likely had the same turnout. It's more than likely just a coincidence of scheduling.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-23 at 03:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I never said it was competing against anything else, rhorle, but thank you for reading too far into everything other people say, as usual. It's comforting.
    Then how about you discuss what I say, and not me. Why would the event have any relation to anything else happening in the gaming industry or world? Why would they make it harder or easier just because of another games launch or as you stated the head start?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-08-23 at 03:15 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm trying to decide if I wanna get two characters to 20 before the weekend or wait until the weekend... thoughts? *leans in toward monitors anxiously*

How is the multiplayer in this game ? I only played the campaign (loved it).