Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Well no, not everyone.
    The only other person to realize levi's control was Ann.
    They all spoke of being in a cold dark place, normal indoctrination subjects experience the same place only believing something else. Subjects of leviathans influence have no control (Shepard was fighting the control itself, with little time spent around the orbs and probably crazy tech/beacon stuff helping, not fighting to prevent actions) and at best remember only patchy images (the people at the mining outpost couldn't remember anything that happened during the 10+ years, the assistant only remembered a gun and a loud noise).

Just compare Saren (a long time indoctranee) with the people at the mining post, they were reading off basically set scripts (the subjects seem to be replaced with basic directives, rather than simply influenced) while Saren still had reasoning and even researched indoctrination while under its effect.

Deleted
    Going on a mindtrip is not realizing whats wrong.
    They feel the symptoms, but do not know the cause.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Lair is a hard one to top. The fight with the Shadow Broker is fun (and painful for some classes,) the sound track is great, the banter between Liara and Shepard during the car chase is great (what sort of weapons does this thing have? It's a taxi! It has a fare meter!) and it's overall a cinematic experience (but then, what part of the game isn't?)

Maybe if we got to ride Leviathan like a horse into the Battle for Earth . . . maybe.
    I came back to ME after a few months of not touching any of the 3 games just to experience the new Levi DLC and the Extended cut.

To be honest you can´t compare LotSB to Leviathan. Why? Lair was without doubt the best DLC in all of the 3 games not only story wise but also design and mission wise. I still remember the mission with the sky cab chase, that was pure epicness. Leviathan was kinda fun and I absolutely loved the new lore you gain about the Reapers and how everything started out with them (my good old friend Harbringer)

The DLC lacks a few more missions or exploring tho. I like the concept of those search filters but it would have been nice if you would need to go to a few worlds, look for Leviathan you know just to stretch it out a bit. Overall it felt a bit short (Only has 3 real missions the rest is in the lab). Worth the money tho

One point why you can´t compare Lair to Levi is also that Levi lacks a true "endboss" fight. The Shadow Broker fight was extremely good and entertaining to be honest. The Leviathan story however does end too fast and abrupt. You know you dive down, meet Levi, ask him some questions and everything is done and Levi does not play any role after that *dreams of Leviathan fighting against Harbringer in the final battle on Earth - that would be an epic showdown*

The new DLC is in my top 4 of all ME DLCs (Nr.1 Lair, Nr.2 Arrival, Nr.3 Overlord, Nr. 4 Leviathan) however it is not quite on par with Lair, Arrival and Overlord both story wise and mission (fun) wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I came back to ME after a few months of not touching any of the 3 games just to experience the new Levi DLC and the Extended cut.

To be honest you can´t compare LotSB to Leviathan. Why? Lair was without doubt the best DLC in all of the 3 games not only story wise but also design and mission wise. I still remember the mission with the sky cab chase, that was pure epicness. Leviathan was kinda fun and I absolutely loved the new lore you gain about the Reapers and how everything started out with them (my good old friend Harbringer)

The DLC lacks a few more missions or exploring tho. I like the concept of those search filters but it would have been nice if you would need to go to a few worlds, look for Leviathan you know just to stretch it out a bit. Overall it felt a bit short (Only has 3 real missions the rest is in the lab). Worth the money tho

One point why you can´t compare Lair to Levi is also that Levi lacks a true "endboss" fight. The Shadow Broker fight was extremely good and entertaining to be honest. The Leviathan story however does end too fast and abrupt. You know you dive down, meet Levi, ask him some questions and everything is done and Levi does not play any role after that *dreams of Leviathan fighting against Harbringer in the final battle on Earth - that would be an epic showdown*

The new DLC is in my top 4 of all ME DLCs (Nr.1 Lair, Nr.2 Arrival, Nr.3 Overlord, Nr. 4 Leviathan) however it is not quite on par with Lair, Arrival and Overlord both story wise and mission (fun) wise.
    True "endboss" fight is too videogamey.

I can't bear to drag myself in one Starbrat apologetic DLC, and then run through the lot of bullcrap they make after Kai Leng, just to have the same narrative kidnap, with the only "b-onus" of having a bug that don't play cinematics when you talk to Starbrat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    *dreams of Leviathan fighting against Harbringer in the final battle on Earth - that would be an epic showdown*
    Levi shits on reapers, it would be a hit and squash.

Only two people liked the assistant.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-09-05 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    I liked the DLC, and feel it's worth the money. The detective parts and accompanying banter were very enjoyable. I just wished they'd do more with the underwater part at the end. It's criminally short and I was fully expecting some sort of obstacle course where you have to mind the pressure guage while taking potshots at enemy forces chasing after you. A missed opportunity really.

I didn't really mind the lack of an 'end-boss' type encounter. Learning about the true nature of Leviathan was juicy enough in and of itself.

Levi shits on reapers, it would be a hit and squash.
    I don't think so. He seemed to be quite occupied with only 1 Destroyer when he saved Shep's ship.

Anyway, they are just a minor assets. Even Levi said Reapers got very advanced. Probably because of the harvested species.

Deleted
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/05/operation-vigilance/

Wonder if for the squad goal no-one in the squad can use consumables...
    If so I'll probably end up doing a solo run :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    I don't think so. He seemed to be quite occupied with only 1 Destroyer when he saved Shep's ship.

Anyway, they are just a minor assets. Even Levi said Reapers got very advanced. Probably because of the harvested species.
    I disagree, he just seemed focused.

And they are not the assets, its the reaper forces that they mindcontrol via the Spheres of Doom.

Anyhow, the point of Levi DLC?
    Actually making StarBrat less of a Deus Ex and more of an actual plotpoint and actually an important antagonist.
    It works and it should had been in the game from the start.

Remember back in EC where StarBrat says "Creaters gave them [reapers] form, I gave them purpose. The reapers are a synthetic representation of my creators."
    I dohohod when i noticed it after Levi.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-09-05 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post

Most likely. Guess I'll be dusting off my Vorcha Sentinel for a solo map again. ^^

Deleted
    I disagree, he just seemed focused.

And they are not the assets, its the reaper forces that they mindcontrol via the Spheres of Doom.

Anyhow, the point of Levi DLC?
    Actually making StarBrat less of a Deus Ex and more of an actual plotpoint and actually an important antagonist.
    It works and it should had been in the game from the start.

Remember back in EC where StarBrat says "Creaters gave them [reapers] form, I gave them purpose. The reapers are a synthetic representation of my creators."
    I dohohod when i noticed it after Levi.
    I'm still really annoyed that none of the war assets are shown in the end (besides major plot points).
    Wouldn't have to be anything amazing for each thing, just a background radio thing, or something in the distance, but not seeing elcor tanks and krogans riding dinosaurs is sad

Also starchild actually being starchild... the actual entity is less annoying, just its appearance.

Guess it's time to re-level my Krogan Vanguard.

Deleted
    I'm still really annoyed that none of the war assets are shown in the end (besides major plot points).
    Wouldn't have to be anything amazing for each thing, just a background radio thing, or something in the distance, but not seeing elcor tanks and krogans riding dinosaurs is sad

Also starchild actually being starchild... the actual entity is less annoying, just its appearance.
    My dissapointed list of missing war assets showing up:
    -Elcor battle tanks
    -Every fleet that didnt fight despite being recruited, regardless if they checked in our not during the approach (Quarian, batarian, volus bombing fleet etc)
    -Krogans on dinosaurs (seeing as krogans are dinosaur-ish as well as being close to vikings)
    -Geth primes
    -Drells (where the fuck were they?)
    -Friends and squadmates (even shiala the green asari)
    -Leviathans
    -Rachni
    -Arias mercenary forces (i wanted to see a segment where a pack of mechas and legions of flamethrower vorchas swarm the reaper forces HOW DO YOU LIKE IT NOW!")

Did i miss anything?

Deleted
    My dissapointed list of missing war assets showing up:
    -Elcor battle tanks
    -Every fleet that didnt fight despite being recruited, regardless if they checked in our not during the approach (Quarian, batarian, volus bombing fleet etc)
    -Krogans on dinosaurs (seeing as krogans are dinosaur-ish as well as being close to vikings)
    -Geth primes
    -Drells (where the fuck were they?)
    -Friends and squadmates (even shiala the green asari)
    -Leviathans
    -Rachni
    -Arias mercenary forces (i wanted to see a segment where a pack of mechas and legions of flamethrower vorchas swarm the reaper forces HOW DO YOU LIKE IT NOW!")

Did i miss anything?
    The spectre squads and Salarian STG.
    Stuff would have just melted away.

Deleted
    The spectre squads and Salarian STG.
    Stuff would have just melted away.
    I think Grunt ate them.

Deleted
    I think Grunt ate them.
    Oh man... Wrex and Grunt riding dinosaurs D:

Deleted
    Oh yeah, and the Batarians...

15+ Year Old Account

No one can use any consumable. Also when it refers to the ammo pack in game and not to the ammo gear slot you can equip in the lobby

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...92003#13992767
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

No consumables?

Damn, I use at least one medi gel per mission lol. And this is on Bronze. Guess I better not play this weekend for the good of everyone else.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 04:02 PM ----------

Like I've said in the past, I'd have a far easier time accepting the star child, the Intelligence, the Catalyst, whatever you want to call it if it didn't take the appearance of the kid who gets killed at the start of the game.
    Putin khuliyo