Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Besides who cares is an extra optional side thing that has no impact on the actual mass effect game.
    Obviously you cared enough to argue.
    Or maybe you yet again argued for the sake of arguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. Even after all this time, it's just so amazing.
    I have a playlist of my favorite soundtracks from movies and video games. Hans Zimmer is in there many times, and I have Halo in there twice, but Mass Effect is the most represented game/movie on my playlist. Some 16-17 songs actually.

Mass Effect has one of the best soundtracks ever.

ME2's Suicide Mission theme is my favorite soundtrack of all time.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Mass Effect has one of the best soundtracks ever.

[video=youtube_share;VTsD2FjmLsw]http://youtu.be/VTsD2FjmLsw[video]

ME2's Suicide Mission theme is my favorite soundtrack of all time.
    This song always gives me the chills. Makes me want to replay the suicide mission just to hear the song~

EDIT: And I've said it quite a few times, but I'll say it again. I LOVE MASS EFFECT 3'S SOUNDTRACK. The songs always get me so emotional I can't help it. Songs like I Was Lost Without You and I'm Proud of You make me feel pretty sad in a way while songs like The Fleets Arrive make me all pumped up.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-09-18 at 03:06 PM.

The only thing about the mass effect 3 soundtrack that I would reflect on was that it was felt (to me at any rate) less adventurous and exciting then the previous ones. It fits the experience a bitter sweetness to it. Now in and of itself it's fantastic and really it reflects the sad fact that the adventure you've went on for all these years is coming to and so from a thematic perspective it is wholly fitting. I just miss suicide run I guess. Or even something like

Again it's not worse or better it just represents a different theme. The first game is still about a futuristic sexy sci fi adventure that is just beginning in many regards. Ilos reflects that and it's an obvious nod to Blade Runner as well. Now of the last game I think the song that best symbolizes or sums up the experience best was

I'm by no means ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye. It's beautiful in it's sorrow. The juxtaposition of the violins and the futuristic synth is so well done but ultimately so sorrowful. One can almost hear the rain in the background.

Relating to this somewhat but not entirely I've recently had the opportunity to go through all 3 games again and it's amazing to watch the growth of some of the characters. Liara is an excellent example of this. She was a somewhat shy reserved scientist who spent much of life alone going from one dig to another. In fact when you meet her the first time she is literally helpless, almost a damsell in distress. Flash forward to the 3rd game and your first encounter with her is quite the opposite. After some chase, she lures cerburus guards and dispatches them with ease even going so far as to shoot one after he is down and out of the fight so to speak.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-18 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Again it's not worse or better it just represents a different theme. The first game is still about a futuristic sexy sci fi adventure that is just beginning in many regards. Ilos reflects that and it's an obvious nod to Blade Runner as well. Now of the last game I think the song that best symbolizes or sums up the experience best was

[video=youtube;JbdQHH0KmE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbdQHH0KmE0[video]

I'm by no means ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye. It's beautiful in it's sorrow. The juxtaposition of the violins and the futuristic synth is so well done but ultimately so sorrowful. One can almost hear the rain in the background.
    When the violin joins in, I always get this overflowing wave of emotions that's hard to put to words. There's a tenderness and bitterness in the song that's just amazing. Because of that, I Was Lost Without You is by far my favourite song in the whole soundtrack. To me it feels like... All the emotions Shepard has had are poured into those notes. The time together, the time apart... Finally being able to mend the relationships that might've been broken. It's like... That moment is right then and there and no one can take it away. I propably suck at explaining this, it's just this incredible mix of emotions this song causes in me.

Deleted
    Cant belive you bunch passed over this one.

You dont deserve to save the galaxy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Cant belive you bunch passed over this one.
    [video=youtube;QqTDh6wiTM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTDh6wiTM8[video]
    You dont deserve to save the galaxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    And I've said it quite a few times, but I'll say it again. I LOVE MASS EFFECT 3'S SOUNDTRACK. The songs always get me so emotional I can't help it. Songs like I Was Lost Without You and I'm Proud of You make me feel pretty sad in a way while songs like The Fleets Arrive make me all pumped up.
    Right there, buddy. I mentioned it on this page.

When the violin joins in, I always get this overflowing wave of emotions that's hard to put to words.
    EXACTLY. YES. Christ I thought I was weird, but that's exactly the feeling that happens. This wave just comes over you and yea occasional tears as well. It's not sad, well it is but it's happy sad I guess. It's a beautiful feeling evoked by powerful music. Theirs a philosopher, an old guy named Schopenhaur. Schopenhaur was a pretty bleak guy and he had this philosophy that was partly derived from Buddhism but really very nihilistic. He believed that theirs was only one thing that was real, the will to live. Everything else was a shadow. The one exception he made was Music. Music he thought was a copy of the will and unlike other arts it affects us in ways that are more direct and less cerebral. I mean you can think about music all you like but the ultimate experience is vastly different than reading a good book or a painting. That's what the violins are in the song. They are saying 1000 things all at once that words and paintings could never fully express because the violins bypass that part of the brain that thinks in terms of reason and logic.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-18 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Right there, buddy. I mentioned it on this page.
    You dont count, you know this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    EXACTLY. YES. Christ I thought I was weird, but that's exactly the feeling that happens. This wave just comes over you and yea occasional tears as well. It's not sad, well it is but it's happy sad I guess. It's a beautiful feeling evoked by powerful music.
    I really can't put it into words. It's sadness and happiness poured out at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    You dont count, you know this.
    I love you too. <3

I really can't put it into words. It's sadness and happiness poured out at the same time.
    Well not to be a romantic but I suspect that if you could put it into words it would lose all meaning. It is fundamentally something that can only be experienced and not told.

10+ Year Old Account
    This song always gives me the chills. Makes me want to replay the suicide mission just to hear the song~

EDIT: And I've said it quite a few times, but I'll say it again. I LOVE MASS EFFECT 3'S SOUNDTRACK. The songs always get me so emotional I can't help it. Songs like I Was Lost Without You and I'm Proud of You make me feel pretty sad in a way while songs like The Fleets Arrive make me all pumped up.
    I think 3's is even better than 2's, but I still love the Suicide Mission theme the best.

I know I've posted this a few hundred pages back, but damn . . .

Almost made me cry on my first playthrough.

3's music is VERY emotional. Grunt's scene, leaving earth, the end of Samara's mission, the final moments with Anderson (I'm So Proud of You,) the final defeat of the Reapers, all of that music only enhances the drama of those scenes. And it's not only the sad scenes.

The Tuchanka music is very hopeful. It honestly makes me feel better to listen to it.

The Mars mission is mysterious

And of course, the fucking Reaper on Rannoch . . .

I think I just about shit myself when this music started and the fucking Reaper comes out of its hole.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-09-18 at 04:52 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I know I've posted this a few hundred pages back, but damn . . .

[video=youtube_share;uorR5Cn4a-Q]http://youtu.be/uorR5Cn4a-Q[video]

Almost made me cry on my first playthrough.
    That song struck me like lighting as well. I tried to put that feeling into words as well when I first heard it in the demo. Ah, here we go.

"I've been playing it on repeat for quite a while now. I love how it's really gentle and sad, but then there comes the strong sounds that startles you. It's like you want to mourn for your losses yet you still try to fight and protect everything dear you still have. But then there's constantly the threat that's lingering and you're immediately reminded that the danger is near and constantly present, especially now that the Reapers finally attack with full power. That's how the song made me feel. Just wow. Such a strong and emotional song, fits the theme of Mass Effect 3 PERFECTLY."

That's the original opinion I wrote just after hearing it and I have to say it hasn't changed at all.

Deleted
    Speaking of epic soundtrack...

These guys do miracles.

..fine i admit, one of these werent used for Mass Effect.
    Come at me Rhorle!
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-09-18 at 05:03 PM.

Purgatory club music is also reused. I heard it on a promotional trailer for the big bang theory the other day.

I guess EA owns the rights to it? It's in need for speed to. Actually kinda like this one better than the previous me club music. Someone did a pretty good one on their own to actually.

Tigole blue bitties... Some reason I have a craving for Ecstasy and glow sticks...
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-18 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    The purgatory music is "Staggered Injection" by Ekstrak.

Yea I know. I didn't at first but I heard it on a commercial for the big bang theory on one of the local tv stations here. It's sounds like it's getting passed around and used like the village bicycle. Still prefer it to afterlife music though.

I feel we would be remiss in the music discussion if we didn't mention

The single baritone at the beginning is just such an excellent intro to this song. In fact the entire thing just lines up perfectly with the discovery that sovereign is in fact a reaper.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-18 at 05:22 PM.

Already posted in the DA3 thread, but posting it here as well since it's just as relevant to this IP.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/r...eschuk-retire/

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/from-aaryn-flynn/

• MASS EFFECT – Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.
    Well that confirms omega...

Deleted
    AHMAGAD OMEGA!
    * Goes dancing around in the Afterlife, just like Shepard.