Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I do hope they decide to change it up and make something else beside a 3rd person shooter game.
    That's one thing I hope they don't do. They shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope it won't be a prequel.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I just hope it won't be a prequel.
    Agreed. I've never really been a fan of prequels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theirs a difference between fixing what is broken and just keeping something incredible stale. The universe is big enough to support other styles of game play and I think they should look int it. As for it being a prequel I don't get why that's a problem. Prequels can be done very well if handled properly. Especially in science fiction. You've only seen bad examples I'm assuming (i.e star wars prequels or enterprise) but if you go back and watch some of the babylon 5 prequel movies or the prequel novels for dune you see it can be very well done.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I just don't like prequels in general - I want the story to move forward, not backward (I don't even like flashbacks lol). I feel like prequels are better done as spin-offs and side stuff, that's all.

As for the third person shooter style being stale, I disagree. I like the third person shooter format and I think it's what works best for Mass Effect, with anything else (RTS, first person action, third person action, etc) being a step backward. They've worked so hard on improving that format, I'm not sure I could see them abandoning it now. Time will tell, I guess. I honestly can't see myself NOT playing the next Mass Effect game if they do decide to change the gameplay style, but I just hope they don't because they've finally gotten the third person shooter thing down after the three games.

10+ Year Old Account
    While ME4 (as I dub it) might not be a prequel per se, I doubt it'll come after the events of ME3, because the endings are so incredibly diverse that it'd either be an exhausting amount of work to make ME4 reflect on the appropriate ending that the player chose, or they'd have to canonize one and make the others illegitimate.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    While ME4 (as I dub it) might not be a prequel per se, I doubt it'll come after the events of ME3, because the endings are so incredibly diverse that it'd either be an exhausting amount of work to make ME4 reflect on the appropriate ending that the player chose, or they'd have to canonize one and make the others illegitimate.
    Canonizing is not something no one ever did before They did it with KoTOR->KotOR2->SW:TOR.
    They can also go a long way and include all 3 viable lines: blue, green and red and just make you import your saves or choose in the prologue. But I doubt they'll do this.

The more flexible ending is the blue one (green is weak for story telling - less reasons for conflicts, red - removes Geth). You can just move time 1000s years forward so even the Asari forget all about it. Make Shepard retreat reapers back into void along with Citadel so we won't see that part of the story anymore. Or keep Citadel with Shepard intact so she can be an Arbiter in major disputes but otherwise stay out of things. Or make it so the Citadel is destroyed along with Shepard by Dark Matter from Haelstrom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    They will make the indoctrination theory canon.
    It would be the greatest troll in the history of gaming.

1000 years is not enough to forget about something so total.
    We still have stories dating back to the Epic of Gilgamesh, 4500 years ago.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-10 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    1000 years is not enough to forget about something so total.
    We still have stories dating back to the Epic of Gilgamesh, 4500 years ago.
    Fairy tales? That's exactly what I mean by forget.

They will make the indoctrination theory canon.
    It would be the greatest troll in the history of gaming.
    I would flip so many tables, you have no idea. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Fairy tales? That's exactly what I mean by forget.
    Fine then. Julius Caesar.
    Stop acting like rhorle.

Pro-tip for the weekend challenge: Use the vocha soldier specced into Flamer and Bloodlust. You can get it done in less than 3 Bronze matches.

I don't want any prequels either, unless it's about the "birth" of the Reapers. Everything in between that and the end of ME3 would be uninteresting most likely.

I'd rather have them make one ending canon, or make it "fuzzy" enough that you can't tell. A sequel is the only way forward if you ask me, something that can "redeem" the ending of ME3.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine then. Julius Caesar.
    Stop acting like rhorle.
    Not to mention, in the Mass Effect universe everything is digital. 1,000 years in the future they'll still most likely be able to access data from the time of the war against the Reapers. It won't by a myth like the Epic of Gilgamesh or the Iliad, but a documented event of which there are billions, if not trillions, of recorded first hand accounts. The only way for it to fall into mythological status is if the denial ending was chosen as cannon, but at that point the game would have to take place 500,000 years in the future at the apex of an entirely new cycle.

Deleted
    Would be fun if the indoctrionation theory was right to a certain degree, and denial ending was canon leading the the future species about 45 000 years in to prepare for the reapers.
    But almost 5000 years after, no reapers and the races belives it all to be some troll/ancient myth and starts going back to normal making the galaxy divided when the reapers return whereas Shepards ghost goes "Ah yes, 'reapers'".

Would be fun if the indoctrionation theory was right to a certain degree, and denial ending was canon leading the the future species about 45 000 years in to prepare for the reapers.
    But almost 5000 years after, no reapers and the races belives it all to be some troll/ancient myth and starts going back to normal making the galaxy divided when the reapers return whereas Shepards ghost goes "Ah yes, 'reapers'".
    I'd actually love this, it would also restore all my faith in BioWare in writing amazing stories.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'd actually love this, it would also restore all my faith in BioWare in writing amazing stories.
    Better be, because we will have to wrest back the Citadel and Crucible from the reapers.

I stumpled upon this, pretty amazing work: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/14795358

SPOILER WARNING, it contains spoilers on the ME3 ending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I stumpled upon this, pretty amazing work: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/14795358

SPOILER WARNING, it contains spoilers on the ME3 ending.

I just noticed something... all the alien races are using Alliance weaponry.
    Asari using the M-8 Avenger, why?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-11 at 01:18 PM.