Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    They will just go "what a bad game, its boring, theres not enough shooting." - actual quote from a FPS player i know that tried ME3.
    It actually makes my blood boil that some people have this opinion. I just really, really don't see the appeal of the recent COD games. How can they not see they are just being completely and utterly milked for cash? Like COD:MW1 made leaps and bounds in the FPS Genre, it had an appealing, fun and interesting story and the game mechanics were TIGHT and just utterly perfected for it's time... But every COD game after it they've not tried to do anything new, and only made the mechanics and story far, far worse.

But alas, that is the thing about opinions I guess, everyone is different >.< It still makes me angry though >.>

Also if ME4 tries to go more FPS focused, then I'll go from a; "Maybe I'll buy if the Story looks really good" .. To; "Fuck that shit". The best aspects in Mass Effect (And this is what fucked 3 up) has always been the; Story, Characters and Setting. The only 'Real' FPS game to have an interesting story was COD:MW1 and it hasn't ever been replicated since. Mass Effect is an RPG/Space Opera first, FPS/Cover-Based Shooter second. To swap those two around would just destroy the Series completely, even after its decline in awesomeness because of ME3.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-14 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we ignoring all of the chest high cover in the ME series now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Are we ignoring all of the chest high cover in the ME series now?
    Make the bad wall go away.... Make the bad wall go away...

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to find that, pretty much with any EA or Activision franchise, the playerbase has been trained to Day One purchase the games - regardless of their quality. They will then proceed to play the hell out of them while complaining about the homogenization of the industry.

Embrace or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You are going to find that, pretty much with any EA or Activision franchise, the playerbase has been trained to Day One purchase the games - regardless of their quality. They will then proceed to play the hell out of them while complaining about the homogenization of the industry.

Embrace or Die!
    Only for Modern Warfare style or Triple-A games.
    But then again, i dont play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    It actually makes my blood boil that some people have this opinion. I just really, really don't see the appeal of the recent COD games. How can they not see they are just being completely and utterly milked for cash? Like COD:MW1 made leaps and bounds in the FPS Genre, it had an appealing, fun and interesting story and the game mechanics were TIGHT and just utterly perfected for it's time... But every COD game after it they've not tried to do anything new, and only made the mechanics and story far, far worse.

But alas, that is the thing about opinions I guess, everyone is different >.< It still makes me angry though >.>

Also if ME4 tries to go more FPS focused, then I'll go from a; "Maybe I'll buy if the Story looks really good" .. To; "Fuck that shit". The best aspects in Mass Effect (And this is what fucked 3 up) has always been the; Story, Characters and Setting. The only 'Real' FPS game to have an interesting story was COD:MW1 and it hasn't ever been replicated since. Mass Effect is an RPG/Space Opera first, FPS/Cover-Based Shooter second. To swap those two around would just destroy the Series completely, even after its decline in awesomeness because of ME3.
    Agreed. The beauty of the Mass Effect trilogy is not the combat, its the story telling.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Make the bad wall go away.... Make the bad wall go away...
    Eh, pardon?

Woot? I love the combat in ME series. (Personally, I think what ME 3 did is a great smooth point between waiting for the red bar to be filled and begging for the medkit gods to grant you a favor.)

Gunplay? GOOOD!
    Cover system? Good.
    Powers? GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Gunplay? GOOOD!
    Cover system? Good.
    Powers? GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD!
    Do you know any other words? GOOOOOOOOOOD!

Deleted
    Cover system? Good.
    No. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    He MIGHT be referencing Joey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot? I love the combat in ME series. (Personally, I think what ME 3 did is a great smooth point between waiting for the red bar to be filled and begging for the medkit gods to grant you a favor.)
    Whereas Mass Effect 1 was "OH FUCK I forgot to refill on medkits in the Normandy. Shit shit shit."
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I actually bribed a CoD person to play the first 2 properly.
    Then received a message saying he wasn't playing it anymore because the ending to 3 was stupid .

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Whereas Mass Effect 1 was "OH FUCK I forgot to refill on medkits in the Normandy. Shit shit shit."
    Not that bad, just used at least one Medical Exoskeleton thing in each armour later on

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Friends, Joey.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    I just got a medical exeskeleton so i wouldnt have to think about it.
    Passive regen is vastly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I actually bribed a CoD person to play the first 2 properly.
    Then received a message saying he wasn't playing it anymore because the ending to 3 was stupid .
    Its like having to bribe someone to listen to an album of Elvis Presly.

Deleted
    Agreed. The beauty of the Mass Effect trilogy is not the combat, its the story telling.
    At least until Mass Effect 3.

New Omega DLC screenshot

Sexy Turian Female

https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...76921024823296
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    New Omega DLC screenshot

Sexy Turian Female

https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...76921024823296
    Shame we wont see her again after Omega, shes cute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nov 14, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Glacier and Firebase Ghost

Vorcha Hunter Engineer kit now available as a new Rare card

XP and Score Rewards (applies to points earned for Challenges)
    - XP/Score bonus on Gold difficulty increased from 40% to 60%
    - XP/Score bonus on Platinum difficulty increased from 60% to 100%

Shield Gate
    - Cooldown between getting shield gates decreased from 4 to 3 seconds, meaning you have to wait
    less time before you get your shield gate back.

Objectives
    - Decreased the chance that enemies will spawn close to annex objectives

Challenges
    - Fixed an issue causing the Turian Soldier challenge to give too many notifications