Deleted
    EDI speculating on a theory with the only basis being "if we charge up enough power, we can dip into an alternate universe.".
    So much for disproving "A spacewizard did it".

Are you religious by any chance?

Enough is enough. The snide remarks and quips need to stop. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-19 at 08:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    EDI speculating on a theory with the only basis being "if we charge up enough power, we can dip into an alternate universe.".
    So much for disproving "A spacewizard did it".
    You do realize that the Crucible is a giant power source? And the whole reason why it was docked with the Citadel was because it required the Mass Relays to amplify its energy. A space wizard could very well have still done it. However EDI gives an in game explanation for how it is possible for something like the Synthesis ending to happen with out the use of magic. You can choose to accept it or not but denying the existence of it is just ignorance.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-11-19 at 08:17 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    80k credits disappeared when I went to the store

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    80k credits disappeared when I went to the store
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...83173#14897968 may be useful for your situation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    However EDI gives an in game explanation for how it is possible for something like the Synthesis ending to happen with out the use of magic.
    Its even less of an "explanation" than "The overload will rip a hole through space and time, replacing every living being with an alternate universe version of themselves but augmented and glowing green from the radioactive waste that is produced in their bodies as a sideeffect."
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-19 at 09:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its even less of an "explanation" than "The overload will rip a hole through space and time, replacing every living being with an alternate universe version of themselves but augmented and glowing green from the radioactive waste that is produced in their bodies as a sideeffect."
    The world of Mass effect has its own laws of physics and nature. EDI states how it is theoretically possible for enough energy to cause 1+1=3. It isn't about going into an alternate universe but about exposure to the energy changing the very nature of life. In this case instead of changing the Universe or creating an alternate one it was focused to changing DNA.

As I said you don't have to accept it but to deny it is a possible explanation is just ignorance. It is possible through the information provided by the game for Synthesis to be a magic free ending. as an explanation it is less silly then some of the other things in Mass Effect.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-11-19 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted

Deleted
    The whole non sense from the synthesis ending, is that if you assume that basically you get "god power to rewrite the base of life itself" , you can simply write in the DNA of every living species that they shall not create synthetic ever ever ever. You can rewrite people DNA to promote the power of dance, resulting in ever species caring about dancing and only dancing because why not? Just dance do not make war?

And it's actually a lot better.

If you look at it, everybody is immortal if you assume the current synthetis ending, but yeah people will want to reproduce (yeah no genophage), soon with every living thing having an endless lifespan you'll soonly find yourself in a situation where every square meter of the galaxy is filled with krogans butts.

At this point war will start again just from the overpopulation. Boom nuclear war, one species will still try to destroy all the others because they want room for their butts. Your back to the same fate again a single half living half synthetic life form has killed everybody and rules the galaxy again.

The synthetics are a problem because they don't naturally die, giving that ability to everybody is just worst.

Deleted
    The world of Mass effect has its own laws of physics and nature. EDI states how it is theoretically possible.
    Anything is possible in theory.
    Difference is if its theoraticly feasible or (practicly) possible.

And nothing is less silly than Hulk-a-thon 3000 magic ending.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-19 at 11:24 PM.

If you accept all the other silly stuff in Mass Effect there is no reason to draw the line here except just to be irrational.
    I always found it funny. People would accept only so much and say THE LINE IS HERE BIOWARE. HERE AND NO MORE. It's like well where the fuck were you for the rest of the series?

Deleted
    Oh good, another weapons pack not to buy.

Deleted
    Oh good, another weapons pack not to buy.
    Its the Naked Apron Alternate Outfit Pack we have been waiting for.

Deleted
    Its the Naked Apron Alternate Outfit Pack we have been waiting for.
    Not sure how that would help take Omega...
    Unless cerberus forces only weakness is semi-nude asari.

Deleted
    Naked women are a powerful weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Rhorle, a robot philosophing is hardly equal to lets say, anything.
    No idea how you can put that forth.
    Oh wait, you are rhorle.
    I hear ad hominems are good form.

Clearly, you have never seen Naruto use his Sexy no Jutsu or Harem no Jutsu.

.... Yes, I've watched Naruto and I just made a reference to it. What of it?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    The whole non sense from the synthesis ending, is that if you assume that basically you get "god power to rewrite the base of life itself" , you can simply write in the DNA of every living species that they shall not create synthetic ever ever ever. You can rewrite people DNA to promote the power of dance, resulting in ever species caring about dancing and only dancing because why not? Just dance do not make war?

And it's actually a lot better.

If you look at it, everybody is immortal if you assume the current synthetis ending, but yeah people will want to reproduce (yeah no genophage), soon with every living thing having an endless lifespan you'll soonly find yourself in a situation where every square meter of the galaxy is filled with krogans butts.

At this point war will start again just from the overpopulation. Boom nuclear war, one species will still try to destroy all the others because they want room for their butts. Your back to the same fate again a single half living half synthetic life form has killed everybody and rules the galaxy again.

The synthetics are a problem because they don't naturally die, giving that ability to everybody is just worst.
    Thats actually an excellent point. I have been thinking about the same problem since the synthesis ending got pimped in the extended cut. EDI talks about the high possibility that the species of the galaxy achieve true "immortality" after Shepard "blessed" them with synthesis.

That basically means that after they achieved synthesis there are zero diseases and other odds that cause people to die because they are immune to that as semi-synthetic life form. Combine that with the fact that because of synthesis the genophage was cured naturally (or Shep cured it) then you have a shitload of horny Krogans that reproduce at the speed of light.

So that means that the future of the galaxy is doomed with bazillions of Krogans that don´t die and need one world after the other to settle on. This was the cause of the Krogan rebellions in the past and it will be the cause of another Krogan war in the future.

Of course EDI is pretty happy in her ending speech but that was probably not long after they actually achieved synthesis so she was maybe a bit euphoric. There won´t be everlasting peace because everyone is an almost immortal robot. Of course there is no longer any reaper thread in this ending but nonetheless there will be war once the galactic society starts to run out of worlds that are habitable and you can imagine what happens when the species start to dispute about worlds.

Let´s compare that to our real world history. In the past lots of wars have been fought over territory and the same will happen in the synthesis ending of ME 3.

Of course the other 2 endings aren't a lot better than synthesis because they don´t solve any problem either. In destroy the reapers and synthetic life is gone however in the future races will create synthetics again and the shit starts all over again. In the control ending Shepard basically assumes direct control of the reapers. However what if Shep fails at one point in the future? Then we have rampant Reapers once again plus the fact that this ending still leaves the Organics vs. Synthetics conflict open.

If you consider that then synthesis the the best ending out of the 3 yet it is a bit lackluster if you consider the future of the ME species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the small DLC is a weapon pack I'm buying it. I'm a slave to this series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Even if the small DLC is a weapon pack I'm buying it. I'm a slave to this series.
    "We're dropping a brand new small DLC tomorrow. Maybe something you can use while retaking Omega on November 27th? Check @masseffect on 20th"

Bet it´s yet another weapon DLC.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 11:01 AM ----------

How many more weapons do we need in SP? Would be cool if it was a squadmate DLC or something. Something that adds more than a few weapons, maybe a bunch of new casual outfits or squadmate outfits as I still want my N7 hoodie that was included in the collectors edition
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-11-20 at 10:12 AM.