Or Dragon Age 3!

Now, I've seen what that mod does on Youtube, and its just mix and mash of cutscenes from ME 2 and 3, and guess what, that is all he can work with anyway.

So the end result is terrible. He removed the Catalyst from the ending so we chase for information on Catalyst entire game, lose it to Cerberus, learn that it is Citadel and Crucible just fires by itself. So that means Citadel is designed by reapers as a kill switch for reapers. Nice hole there.

The voices and lipsync are way off, the space in background changes between Galactic Core and Earth. No, no thank you. It's an effort though.

I'm pretty satisfied with Control ending to be honest because I just can't kill off EDI. Why am I so attached to my crewmembers!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    You guys shouldn't take that mod that serious. The creator did good and you can argue that it is not as professional as an official BW addon but that is pretty clear. He had no Meer/Hale to voice it for him and he also had no professional rendering team and stuff. I still think that the mod is neat. Either like it or ignore it

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how well do you guys think the Omega DLC sold? Enough to warrant future dlc?

15+ Year Old Account
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And hello saber.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I can still remember when I bought ME2 back when it was released and then saw that beginning for the first time. I was just shocked that they could revive him.

You know the rubble we see in the ME3 ending does not fit to the citadel !! It is concrete and the citadel is not made out of concrete. Looks more like the area right in front of that transport beam. There are lots of concrete buildings there.

Yah that's one of the points brought up in the indoctrination theory video to say he never left London. Honestly though, the citadel has been used by thousands of different species. One of them was bound to put some concrete in their at some point. After the section he's in explodes in the destroy ending maybe Shep just gets tossed towards one of the arm sections from the force of the explosion and gets pulled in from their artificial gravity along with other rubble. Seems more plausible to me.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-04 at 05:25 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

So I saw this quote in an article on Crunchyroll that I thought was interesting.

"I think most developers miss the authenticity mark when it comes to the emotional content of the game. Sure, the guns look real and the vehicles match the real thing, but most games are flashy set pieces that lead players from one explosion to the next. Most soldiers can tell you that this is nothing like the war that they have experienced. Military life is full of tedium and drudgery that is unfit for an action-packed game.

One game I thought really nailed the price of war was the Mass Effect series. Many of the choices and events you are presented with really drive home the unavoidable cost that everyone must face. When a character dies you understand the seriousness of the event, and this is something many games fail to portray."

-Nathaniel Dietrick, Combat Medic (U.S. Army)

I'd have to say I agree. I haven't seen another military shooter that has the kind of tough decisions you have to make in Mass Effect.

^

Indeed. Which is kind of why I think the ending has caused such an uproar. The series is brilliant but for a lot of folks all of that didn't matter because of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    ^

Indeed. Which is kind of why I think the ending has caused such an uproar. The series is brilliant but for a lot of folks all of that didn't matter because of the end.
    Yup. Though, I kind of just ended up "disconnecting" the choices through the series from the ending, and instead just focused on what consequences they had during the game (Kaidan and/or Ashley dying, saving Eve or not, etc). I think that preserved a lot of the impact of them for me. I just treated the endings as their own thing. It still left a bad taste in my mouth (which the EC helped with - I at least like the endings now), but at least it didn't let the air out of the entire experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Yup. Though, I kind of just ended up "disconnecting" the choices through the series from the ending, and instead just focused on what consequences they had during the game (Kaidan and/or Ashley dying, saving Eve or not, etc). I think that preserved a lot of the impact of them for me. I just treated the endings as their own thing. It still left a bad taste in my mouth (which the EC helped with - I at least like the endings now), but at least it didn't let the air out of the entire experience.
    Yeah the EC helped a lot to be honest. The original endings were just a big mess and a plothole bigger than our galaxies core. The EC really did clear up a lot of things for example regarding the squadmates during the beam run (of course it is silly that the normandy can float right in front of Harbringer without being shot down) and especially why the normandy ended up FTL jumping as this was a big question-mark in the original ending (why would joker abandon the fleet).

I am still not happy with everything that happens after firing those thanix missiles on the destroyer but yeah it´s nothing we can change anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Damn that is silly. I loved the Acolyte as a shield-destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Well, crud. I had just unlocked that thing, and I don't have the Saber yet. -.-

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 01:44 PM ----------

Edit: Looks like I was wrong, I do have the Saber! Finally a buff to a weapon I actually have!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say I agree. I haven't seen another military shooter that has the kind of tough decisions you have to make in Mass Effect.
    Go play Operation: Flashpoint (the original one)

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Go play Operation: Flashpoint (the original one)
    Neeever even heard of it. o.o

THis one? http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-12-04 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Since I'm waiting for the 7th to get my hands on the PS3 version of the first Mass Effect... I need to ask this. Is Omega DLC worth the money? 15€ for a DLC is a bit stingy for me and I want to know if it's really worth it.

Because I still have an unfinished ME3 playthrough I'd like to get out of the way before playing through the whole trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Since I'm waiting for the 7th to get my hands on the PS3 version of the first Mass Effect... I need to ask this. Is Omega DLC worth the money? 15€ for a DLC is a bit stingy for me and I want to know if it's really worth it.
    In my opinion, completely worth the money. I thought it was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neeever even heard of it. o.o
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operati...old_War_Crisis

Deleted
    In my opinion, completely worth the money. I thought it was awesome.
    How long is it timewise? I actually really enjoyed Leviathan and that was about the right length for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    How long is it timewise? I actually really enjoyed Leviathan and that was about the right length for me.
    Took me about 4 hours, which seems to be the average more or less from what I'm hearing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:01 AM ----------

I'm not sure I could stop laughing long enough to play... I'm not one to care about graphics in games but those character models are hilarious. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are into Omega's lore and Aria's ass, and willing to survive a lot of action phases to get to it - then yes - you can give it a go.

Deleted
    Took me about 4 hours, which seems to be the average more or less from what I'm hearing.

I'm not sure I could stop laughing long enough to play... I'm not one to care about graphics in games but those character models are hilarious. XD
    4 hours? Huh, not bad. Maybe I'll grab it then. Thanks!
    And what do you mean with the models being hilarious in that game? They're sexy as hell!