15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    However, to making an ending that was worthy of the trilogy, they'd have to remove the fucking star child and the whole deus ex machina stuff, which would be a rewrite, not a DLC.
    And what exactly would have been an ending worthy of the trilogy? The Catalyst is just an actor and there really isn't any other way they could have done it while still having the final battle on earth. I mean would you rather have had some hidden device on earth just appear out of thin air?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    The crucible and catalyst would have been fine without the Starchild, to be honest. Have the players choice of control or destroy depend on their renegade/paragon alignment. I think it's a bit too far gone now, though, with the Leviathan DLC reinforcing the Starchild's purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The crucible and catalyst would have been fine without the Starchild, to be honest. Have the players choice of control or destroy depend on their renegade/paragon alignment. I think it's a bit too far gone now, though, with the Leviathan DLC reinforcing the Starchild's purpose.
    But who would explain the choice? Anderson? The Illusive Man? Anderson wouldn't have made sense since he wouldn't have known if no one in the Alliance military did. The Illusive Man could have known the truth but he was indoctrinated so why would the Reapers reveal it when they are still trying to stop Shepard?

Also when Shepard encounters them the Crucible wasn't docked yet so there would have been nothing to reveal since "no one has ever used the crucible and gotten to that point. It would have to have been something that told Shepard what choices were which. Why does the form matter so much?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    it will be a huge weapon pack, writers are just writing all the weapon descriptions.
    That would be the most massive of trollfaces from BW if that happened. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Except most of the vocal uproar over the endings would still have that same disconnect for choices. Just look at all the people that claim the EC made the endings better when all the EC did was add a few shots of a few things but didn't change anything. The uproar had nothing to do with the ending but everything to do with it being a cold hard ending.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:03 PM ----------

I highly doubt it. They wouldn't release a DLC that has the potential for their cast to have been killed off prior in the game. All it means and all it promises is that they have all of their writers working on it. The comment doesn't promise more dialogue or mean anything but every DLC writer on staff is working on the story/lore of the DLC.
    They probably have DLC writers for different tasks such as dialogue, missions and stuff so I think you are kinda wrong there. Having all DLC writers working on it has to mean more content/dialogue and whatnot more. Otherwise only some writers would work on it.

We will see when it is released tho´.

Deleted
    what happen when you have every rare card maxed already? did they remove the ability to get the same char card again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    what happen when you have every rare card maxed already? did they remove the ability to get the same char card again?
    You can get the basic class card (the original human, common versions) that give 250k xp to that class.
    Not too often though, I seem to get Armour Piercing ammo loads

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

So while I think the DLC made the ending acceptable (and indeed, it's a very emotional and bittersweet ending,) I still can't stand the star child deus ex machina.
    Were you okay with the vigil deus ex machina at the end of mass effect 1? Vigil literally comes out of nowhere, hands them the all the information about what's going on, provides them with the key to stopping the reapers from coming through AND sends them to the citadel. Huge deus ex machina in other words. I don't recall anyone complaining then.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Were you okay with the vigil deus ex machina at the end of mass effect 1? Vigil literally comes out of nowhere, hands them the all the information about what's going on, provides them with the key to stopping the reapers from coming through AND sends them to the citadel. Huge deus ex machina in other words. I don't recall anyone complaining then.
    It was properly implemented. It wasn't at the end-spiel. It was inline with everything we learned so far in the game. It provided details to the background. Explained everything. And gave means to victory - but not victory itself.

Harbinger could've played the Starchild's role just fine, trying to persuade Shepard not to use the Crucible 'cause "our mission is important. the harvest must continue". (regardless of either it "synth VS bio" or "Dark Energy"). He could explain everything. And the Crucible should've had only two options. Control and Destroy without renegade/paragon labels on them. And "destroy" should've been a precision strike OR "control" should've removed free will from Geth and EDI. To be equally acceptable/unacceptable choices.

Starchild was not needed. Its addition wasn't required and had disastrous consequences.

Deleted
    End-Spiel? So you too are german speaking?

BTW: I never liked the star-brat but to be honest I accepted it long ago as you can not change it anyway. So of course it was stupid that the kid suddenly came out of nowhere and claimed to control the reapers and that the citadel is his home.

Let´s hope that they do better in ME4 and just forget everything that happens after running to the beam at least this is what I try to do. Just pray that ME4 will not be Deus-Ex 2.0 like ME3 was.

Deleted
    They should release a "STAR BRAT CUSTOM APPEARANCE PACK" for 160 bioware point you can reskin and revoice the catalyst:

Comes in various flavor :

-Option 1 : Harbringer appearance and voice
    -Option 2 : Your LI
    -Option 3 : Yourself
    -Option 4 : Conrad Verner

They should release a "STAR BRAT CUSTOM APPEARANCE PACK" for 160 bioware point you can reskin and revoice the catalyst:

I would definitely pick option 4 just for the giggles.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-12-05 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    Would the LI be naked?
    Or would that be more BW Points?

Deleted

I´d pick Conrad Verner for sure That would be absolutely hillarious if the "catalyst" took on the form of Shepards biggest fan out there

Also Zaeed for pure badassness.

lol Imagine Mordin as the Catalyst...

ME2's Mordin, mind you. I didn't like the guy who did his voice for ME3 nearly as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    End-Spiel? So you too are german speaking?
    Nah, though the term is German in origin it made its way into many languages, including English and my native tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post

ME2's Mordin, mind you. I didn't like the guy who did his voice for ME3 nearly as much.
    "Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post

Shepard: "Mordin, is that you?"
    Catalyst: "Shepard, good timing, good to see you !!"
    Shepard: "What are you doing on the citadel?"
    Catalyst: "The citadel is my home, I control the reapers !! They are my solution"

Shepard:

Catalyst: "Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong"

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Nah, though the term is German in origin it made its way into many languages, including English and my native tongue.

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong"
    I thought that the english term for spiel is game ? Still new things to learn apparently.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-12-05 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I thought that the english term for spiel is game ? Still new things to learn apparently.
    Well, yeah. Endgame is endspiel in English. The use of endspiel in English text is somewhat "geeky" - one have to know what it means. I just like the term - since it is used in my native tongue with almost the same pronunciation as in German. Mostly in chess and literature.

Deleted
    Still more opportunity to test the beta of my "increased difficulty mod" for SP if more people are interested. I will re-send an updated version which should also increase the difficulty of DLC-specific enemies such as Adjudant or "named" npcs.

I'll then probably try to update balance change from Multiplayer weapons into SP (damage, won't be able to remove things such as charge-up on specific weapons)