So game informers game of the year is ME3. Trolls should eat that up. A good choice, not the only choice obviously but one I agree with never the less.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    So game informers game of the year is ME3. Trolls should eat that up. A good choice, not the only choice obviously but one I agree with never the less.
    It was definitely my game of the year, despite the ending debacle. It's my favorite by far this year, followed by Assassin's Creed 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    It was definitely my game of the year, despite the ending debacle. It's my favorite by far this year, followed by Assassin's Creed 3.
    For singleplayer I actually enjoyed Dishonoured more :\
    Sank waaaay too much time into MP though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that on facebook, and of course the "wah! the ending sucked" crowd came out of the woodwork.

Not that the ending isn't a significant criticism against the game, but the constant bitching about it gets tiresome.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Saw that on facebook, and of course the "wah! the ending sucked" crowd came out of the woodwork.

Not that the ending isn't a significant criticism against the game, but the constant bitching about it gets tiresome.
    I never viewed the endings as significant criticism. In fact they had me on the edge of my seat right up until the end. They left me with plenty of questions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    For singleplayer I actually enjoyed Dishonoured more :\
    Sank waaaay too much time into MP though.
    Dishonored was too short IMO. Fun, but short.

Deleted
    Dishonored was too short IMO. Fun, but short.
    I did it non-lethal and explored stuff
    Lasted a good while, not jrpg length or anything

Well, I know I am in the minority, but I liked the endings, even before EC came out. But my game of the year is probably going to go to Borderlands 2. I am a sucker for couch co-op. Granted I have been spending more time with Mass effect multiplayer lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I did it non-lethal and explored stuff
    Lasted a good while, not jrpg length or anything
    I did it non-lethal too which was part of the fun (though I couldn't help but notice that some of the powers made that way too easy), but before I knew it I was at the end and I was like "Wait, that was it? Dafuq?"

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Well, I know I am in the minority, but I liked the endings, even before EC came out.
    I liked them, I guess, I just felt they were far less epic than the trilogy deserved.

I liked them, I guess, I just felt they were far less epic than the trilogy deserved.
    Fair enough.

So anyone been using the new packs they released? Are they worth it? Considering it is going to be another week or so before I feel like going back into Golds, just wondering if my money would be better spent on the PSP.
    Last edited by vom; 2012-12-19 at 10:23 PM. Reason: spelling is hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Fair enough.

So anyone been using the new packs they released? Are they worth it? Considering it is going to be another week or so before I feel like going back into Golds, just wondering if my money would be better spent on the PSP.
    Used 6-8 Arsenal packs, gained 4 UR's.
    That's with the spam of new character cards in them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-the-year.aspx

Can't say I really disagreed with their reasons for picking this game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 05:43 PM ----------

I did it non-lethal too which was part of the fun (though I couldn't help but notice that some of the powers made that way too easy), but before I knew it I was at the end and I was like "Wait, that was it? Dafuq?"

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 12:11 PM ----------

The major issue I had with the original ending was this: You picked your ending, control, destroy, synthesis, then the Normandy crashes and then credits. No closure. No explanation on why the Normandy crashed or how they survived (or if they survived just to starve to death on some random planet) just a sudden cut to credits.

The extended cut fix that. Now I still don't like Starbrat, as I've said a few times, but other than that, the extended cut fixed my issues with the ending. The originals however were just so lacking in closure, they left me feeling unsatisfied. The EC however sometimes leaves me feeling a bit . . . well sometimes the dust in my room gets bad.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The major issue I had with the original ending was this: You picked your ending, control, destroy, synthesis, then the Normandy crashes and then credits. No closure. No explanation on why the Normandy crashed or how they survived (or if they survived just to starve to death on some random planet) just a sudden cut to credits.

The extended cut fix that. Now I still don't like Starbrat, as I've said a few times, but other than that, the extended cut fixed my issues with the ending. The originals however were just so lacking in closure, they left me feeling unsatisfied. The EC however sometimes leaves me feeling a bit . . . well sometimes the dust in my room gets bad.
    Pretty much the same way I felt about the endings beyond the fact that they didn't leave me with the "holy shit" feeling the previous two game endings did. lol

Pretty much the same way I felt about the endings beyond the fact that they didn't leave me with the "holy shit" feeling the previous two game endings did. lol
    See I never got the holy shit feeling from me2s ending. I did from Me3 but in me2 it felt like we went there and back again and nothing changed. The reapers are still out there and we've had this little side bar with the collectors but it really didn't progress anything forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    if anyone wants to do multiplayer premades here's my username: saimic1

Deleted
    Anyone else annoyed with the Hotfix to the Acolyte? It needs to be charged again to be fired, so it is not so good for Adepts anymore IMHO.

See I never got the holy shit feeling from me2s ending. I did from Me3 but in me2 it felt like we went there and back again and nothing changed.
    The holy shit feeling for me was the entire raid on the Collector base combined with the view of the gigantic army of Reapers in dark space. It made me go "Wow. Shit's about to get real." It made me feel heroic and that was a feeling I came to expect from ME1, which did the same when you took down Sovereign. With ME3's though, I felt like "Shepard had to do this? Really? This feels like something any Tom, Dick, or Larry could do." It didn't feel heroic to me to talk to the Starchild then pick what's behind door A, B, or C, then watch as almost nothing changes beyond the Reapers stopping/flying off and your people getting stranded on some planet. It just felt like a really... tame way to wrap up the trilogy to me, I guess. The fighting before the Starchild was great, and I loved the final confrontation with TIM, but after that I just felt very bored, I guess is the word. *shrug* The EC just gave it a much more "epic end to a tale of a hero" feeling I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about the end of ME2 is, your crew is loyal and happy, the Normandy has returned triumphantly, Shepard flips off TIM, and OMFG THATS A SHIT TON OF REAPERS.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The best battle of all the games was when you had to defeat the last enemy: A marauder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The best battle of all the games was when you had to defeat the last enemy: A marauder...
    On Insanity . . .

Christ, that fight was a bitch.
    Putin khuliyo