Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I could import steam mass effect 2 into mass effect 3 just fine, but I couldn't import steam mass effect 1 into the 2nd game for some reason. Going without an import game is awful seeing as it seems to pick all the renegade options in the game before for you.
    If you open the settings application, you can choose where your savegames are located. If they're not in the default folder from ME1, you need to manually set it for ME2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I could import steam mass effect 2 into mass effect 3 just fine, but I couldn't import steam mass effect 1 into the 2nd game for some reason. Going without an import game is awful seeing as it seems to pick all the renegade options in the game before for you.
    You might have to use the ME2 config tool. Granted, my ME1 copy is on Origin, as is ME3 (ME2 is not, long story how that turned out, but anyways) but I've always had to go through ME2's config tool to find ME1 saves.

So that might not be a quirk with Steam but a quirk with ME2 not being on Origin (at least for me)

Of course, even with ME2 not being linked to my origin account, I have no issue having ME3 find ME2 saves.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    So since ME4 will be like DA:O, what races do you think will be playable?
    Human, Asari, Turian, Quarian, salarian and Krogan are pretty much guaranteed.
    But now we should focus on the flavour races.
    Vorcha, Drell and batarian are likely.
    Hanar, maybe not so much.
    Prothean by DLC.
    Husks, DLC costume.
    Maybe volus and geth (geth romance?)
    Yahg for the inevitable FUCK EVERYTHING playthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So since ME4 will be like DA:O
    What? Source?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    What? Source?
    I couldn't find anything to confirm that either. Though I did find mention that ME4 will likely use the Frostbite 2 engine (just as DA3 was just announced as using it)

http://www.examiner.com/article/drag...d-by-bioware-1
    http://gamingeverything.com/36478/al...bite-2-engine/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So since ME4 will be like DA:O, what races do you think will be playable?
    We have no information on the new mass effect game, where the hell did you hear that?

So, because of Microsoft's money-hungry powertrip has made sure that Halo 4 is not playable on my platform of choice, I have finally succumbed and watched it on Youtube. And I have to say, that the guy voicing the Didact sounds an awful lot like Harbinger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So, because of Microsoft's money-hungry powertrip has made sure that Halo 4 is not playable on my platform of choice, I have finally succumbed and watched it on Youtube. And I have to say, that the guy voicing the Didact sounds an awful lot like Harbinger.
    That's because the guy voicing the Didact is the guy who voiced Harbinger.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0843775/

Do I have to tell you who voices Sara Palmer too?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really have to bash Microsoft for keeping their own IP on their system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yes, I wanna play Halo 3+4 too!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    As the avid Halo fan that I am, yes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 01:15 AM ----------

From a business standpoint I fully understand why they're doing it. It gives them complete control over the franchise, it ensures a steady amount of 360s will continue to be sold, AND they rake in a ton of cash from people wanting to play the game online on Live. That does not mean I have to like it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    That one, embarrassingly enough, took me a lot longer to figure out. All thanks to them using an actual actress for her face. I was thoroughly confused for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Nerraw's got me watching both videos with Harbinger and the Didact to compare lol
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume that "avid Halo fan" and "owns a 360" would go hand in hand, to be honest. Not liking it is fine, but saying that they're being a greedy evil company (not your exact wording, I know) is a bit of a stretch.

On a tangential note, is anybody bothered by the All Story trope? That is to say, when the antagonistic force turns out to be an ancient alien race. The notable games, as Giant Bomb pointed out in their end of the year awards, were Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, and Mass Effect 3. The All Story trope extends further than just those games, and while it can be interesting if done well, I find it a bit tiresome. Mass Effect 3 pulled it off well, I think, because it wasn't really that big of a mystery that the Reapers filled the "ancient evil" mold, and they had a reason to be as ancient as they are.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-01-04 at 01:46 AM.

Played 1 and 2 on PC, played 3 at a friend's place, and have read all the books, excluding the Forerunner saga which I haven't picked up yet. Just finished The Thursday War a couple of days ago, which was what led me to watch 4 on Youtube.

You can be a fan without owning the console.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played 1 and 2 on PC
    Though they didn't release PC versions until years after. Halo 1 PC port was about two years after the release, and Halo 2 was about 3 years after release. Three and Four will likely both be released for PC at some point. So no reason to call them any greedier then they were for the original Halo. You just played them on PC way after they were relevant and thus used a port to gain more money from an older product.

It never gained traction beyond Xbox. Unlike Mass Effect which started out as a Xbox only game and exploded into much more when the PC port happened. Heck it wasn't even a Bioware original game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I bought and played them on PC because I played them on Xbox at a friend's place and got interested in the series. I'd rather play something myself at my own leisure rather than being dependant on the availability of others.

I suspect that the only reason for them to get Gearbox to port the first game to PC was to gain an additional playerbase. And the only reason why they ported Halo 2 was because Game for Windows Live required a Gold subscription at the time of the game's release on PC.

I very much doubt we'll be playing Halo 3+ on PC until someone gets an actual 360 emulator up and running.

That's because the guy voicing the Didact is the guy who voiced Harbinger.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0843775/

Good to see Szarabajtka is being called for people capable of appreciate him. Since the company that got a lot of fame on his expense, simply didn't want to have him anymore.

Could it be.... MAZZY FENTAN?
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-01-04 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Though they didn't release PC versions until years after. Halo 1 PC port was about two years after the release, and Halo 2 was about 3 years after release. Three and Four will likely both be released for PC at some point. So no reason to call them any greedier then they were for the original Halo. You just played them on PC way after they were relevant and thus used a port to gain more money from an older product.

It never gained traction beyond Xbox. Unlike Mass Effect which started out as a Xbox only game and exploded into much more when the PC port happened. Heck it wasn't even a Bioware original game.
    Halo 3 and 4 will not likely ever be released for PC. I hate to bust your bubble. Not enough money for them to do it and if they did it wouldn't run on that many computers. The halo 1 pc port was abysmall for bugs and system requirements. Shit I remember when that game came out, they added a flame thrower to the pc version and like 10 computers in the world could run it.

Deleted
    And you guys accuse me of going offtopic.
    Where are the biased mods now?
    No doubt waiting to harass me.

I never accused you for going off-topic. Such things happen in our micro-cosmos.