10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody, regardless of skill, can do that though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    There's nothing skillful about standing in a box with a volus, most likely with someone spamming grenades if things get too much.
    So do you do everything with the basic weapons, without kiting? Tactics and better weapons, gear, etc all reduce the skill required. Using tactics doesn't make you bad it makes you smart. I could sit here and call you bad because you have to use a missile launcher to instant kill a bunch of bosses but that isn't productive or accurate. Standing in a box may be cheesy but it doesn't make you a bad anymore then using over powered abilities and weapons that trivialize a difficulty makes you a bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So do you do everything with the basic weapons, without kiting? Tactics and better weapons, gear, etc all reduce the skill required. Using tactics doesn't make you bad it makes you smart. I could sit here and call you bad because you have to use a missile launcher to instant kill a bunch of bosses but that isn't productive or accurate. Standing in a box may be cheesy but it doesn't make you a bad anymore then using over powered abilities and weapons that trivialize a difficulty makes you a bad.
    Oh, this again.
    Yes it really does, like I've said before it totally removes a mechanic of enemies by them being unable to grab you, while being totally covered on 3 sides and enemies having to walk all the way around to get a shot at you.
    If the box was facing where enemies came from, it would be fine.
    If you could be grabbed in it, it would be fine.
    Hell, if they removed the ammo box it would be a bit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the supposed leak about a DLC called "Citadel"? it might be accurate as the tease we got is a screenshot of most likely an area in the citadel.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're bad and should feel bad.
    They need to fix that box -.-
    Well that wasn't very nice...I didn't say I wanted to use the box, everyone kept running in there every time a banshee showed up. I didn't actually realize the reason people run in there is because you're immune to banshee grabs in the box until wave 6, seeing as how everyone was camping there I thought I might as well not bother being the only one outside it when everyone else is just sitting there. Although I can see why you would want it nerfed because as I mentioned before, it made platinum really easy.
    Last edited by Cat1337; 2013-01-30 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I know it'd be a lot of VA work, I do want multiple races but I don't want a silent protagonist.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I dunno, I know it'd be a lot of VA work, I do want multiple races but I don't want a silent protagonist.
    I don't because it would suffer from the same problem as DA:O. After the race specific origin it would get very generic. Because for it to not be generic they would have to essentially create a separate game for each race. They could certainly go non human for a main character, or something to make it a little more interesting. But Human always has that "connection" and understanding of culture and decisions that is sometimes harder for a alien culture.

They could always have a "control your squadmate" for a mission or two that explains some culture specific stories.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 02:13 AM ----------

A new patch for Mass Effect is out (or will be out by the end of today 1/31 depending on what platform you play on).

Content (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...5743944&lf=8):
    Fixed a multiplayer issue where users could have all of their weapons use rocket ammunition.
    Fixed an issue with high memory usage when initializing DLCs.

Looks like the rocket glitches are fixed for good, also it has a ton of balance changes which will be talked about later today. Bioware stated that the patch is essentially the same as the normal biweekly balance changes but so much of it that it had to be released as a patch. This is also likely a precursor patch to the next rounds of DLC so there might even be some spoilers data mined in the files.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-01-31 at 07:16 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    WTF !!! I was so glad that I used my melee solo Kroguard with tons of +Shields and Shield regen for that random Gold match. Seriously on any other class I would have died miserably.

I joined a random gold match against the Geth and ended up in an already existing game that was at wave 7. After activating my Barrier I realized that everyone was DEAD and they were what appeared to be almost at the beginning of Wave 7. So instead of chicken out and leave the game I decided to give those 3 other dudes that were watching me with the Spectator Mode an impressive show.

I then face-tanked 2 Primes and a bunch of other troops at the same time and everything went well but nonetheless I died once because of those pesky Pyros and decided to use a rocket to speed things up a lil´ bit . Those dudes were pretty lucky that I showed up right in that moment because otherwise their match would have failed.

After that wave only 2 guys died a couple of times during the other waves and we extracted. You can imagine how grateful they were after that match !! I saved their asses of course in a way I also carried them a bit because I never died after that solo wave and was second in the points ranking with 50 kills in those 4 waves

I think on Plat I would have died miserably in such a situation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:57 AM ----------

Ah that rocket glitch was just too funny to stay in the game. I hated public games with dudes that used it but on the other hand it was free credits. My top cheat game gets released in April anyway (GTA 5). I hope you dudes do not accuse me for using a bunch of cheats there like you do for using that box trick in FB Rio #

BTW: What´s so bad about that STRATEGY?? It´s no glitch or cheat it is a clever strategy. It also involves skill on Platinum !! It´s definitely not bannable and why should you look like a baddie if you do it?? 90% of all random Platinum matches are Firebase Rio and have 1 volus in the group.

That´s just a good strategie to ease things up a bit.

DAO style character customization on ME would be amazing, though I can totally understand what he's saying about a non-silent protagonist making that difficult.

Though today I've been wanting to play DAO SOOO BADLY because the latest episode of TableTop (which they accidentally uploaded early and I downloaded before they took it down, muahaha) was featuring the Dragon Age pen-and-paper tabletop RPG. I should totally go redownload that from Steam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    WTF !!! I was so glad that I used my melee solo Kroguard with tons of +Shields and Shield regen for that random Gold match. Seriously on any other class I would have died miserably.

I joined a random gold match against the Geth and ended up in an already existing game that was at wave 7. After activating my Barrier I realized that everyone was DEAD and they were what appeared to be almost at the beginning of Wave 7. So instead of chicken out and leave the game I decided to give those 3 other dudes that were watching me with the Spectator Mode an impressive show.

I then face-tanked 2 Primes and a bunch of other troops at the same time and everything went well but nonetheless I died once because of those pesky Pyros and decided to use a rocket to speed things up a lil´ bit . Those dudes were pretty lucky that I showed up right in that moment because otherwise their match would have failed.

After that wave only 2 guys died a couple of times during the other waves and we extracted. You can imagine how grateful they were after that match !! I saved their asses of course in a way I also carried them a bit because I never died after that solo wave and was second in the points ranking with 50 kills in those 4 waves

I think on Plat I would have died miserably in such a situation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:57 AM ----------

Ah that rocket glitch was just too funny to stay in the game. I hated public games with dudes that used it but on the other hand it was free credits. My top cheat game gets released in April anyway (GTA 5). I hope you dudes do not accuse me for using a bunch of cheats there like you do for using that box trick in FB Rio #

BTW: What´s so bad about that STRATEGY?? It´s no glitch or cheat it is a clever strategy. It also involves skill on Platinum !! It´s definitely not bannable and why should you look like a baddie if you do it?? 90% of all random Platinum matches are Firebase Rio and have 1 volus in the group.

That´s just a good strategie to ease things up a bit.
    FBW/G/G was fixed, this needs to be.
    Rocket glitch patch tomorrow.

Deleted
    FBW/G/G was fixed, this needs to be.
    Rocket glitch patch tomorrow.
    Why should they fix that? Seriously? Nothing wrong about that tactic on FB Rio !!

That´s not cheating for me. Only using a different tactics to make things easier.

Oh man you should totally stop playing ME3 if you don´t like it. Seriously wasn't it you who said that you don´t like SP? Now you don´t even like to try out different ways to face Platinum?

You can always play FB Rio normal without using that tactics best whilst only using level 1 Avenger and no gear/perks because that makes things easier. Play it hardcore !!
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-31 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Why should they fix that? Seriously? Nothing wrong about that tactic on FB Rio !!

That´s not cheating for me. Only using a different tactics to make things easier.

Oh man you should totally stop playing ME3 if you don´t like it. Seriously wasn't it you who said that you don´t like SP? Now you don´t even like to try out different ways to face Platinum?

You can always play FB Rio normal without using that tactics best whilst only using level 1 Avenger and no gear/perks because that makes things easier. Play it hardcore !!
    Allthough i dont care about people using Firebase rio strat, i will say that it makes platinum look like a joke.
    Random/Random platinum tends to be way harder and you cant complete it if the 3 other people have only played Firebase Rio for their previous platinum games.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Clever players will always find a way to farm content in a painfree manner. Heck, if you even bother, Gold is pretty damn easy to play regardless if you yourself know what you are doing. Platinum is also easy if at least one other guy know what they are doing.

Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack
    Firebase goddess on gold. Force spawn to the middle room by occupying the rest of the spawns. Use rocket launchers. Win.

Easy
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Easy enough on any map you know the spawns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Firebase goddess on gold. Force spawn to the middle room by occupying the rest of the spawns. Use rocket launchers. Win.

Easy
    Or just play a solo bronze game against the Reapers on FB Giant with a Geth Trooper. Just wait till you have a bunch of Cannibals spawn at the same spot and use your flamer best with power damage gear on so that you can kill them simultaniously
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-31 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    I like how they fix the missile bug for consoles, then have a challenge that encourages missile use the next day

15+ Year Old Account
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan 31, 2013
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest patch fixes the bug where Collectors take less damage than they are supposed to from power combos.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...143/2#15750892

Also it appears there are a few bugs that appeared with the recent patch.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../15750917&lf=8

he chargeless acolyte will soon be returning back to being a charge up weapon.

Past balance changes were moved over to the patch to speed up the time it takes them to download from the server. The snapshot that was taken was when the acolyte was a no charge weapon, it is now overriding the original dlc in much the same way the balance changes do.

It is expected that the charge mechanic will be restored shortly

EDIT:

This is also kind of what is happening with the Turian Sabetour and the Male Quarian Marksmen. The cap for these in the patch 5 (despite not having skin tone) and has become authoritative. So you will only get 2 character cards above what is normal.
    It isn't the clearest but it looks like when the rolled all the balance changes into the patch to speed up the communication to and from the server it didn't reflect some of the changes. So some stuff is from older changes rather then the most recent, but it looks like just the Acolyte and some character unlocks.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 10:34 PM ----------

It also seems that some info about the next DLC was data mined in the patch, as I suspected might.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/15753257&lf=8
    http://www.clevernoob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2703-datamining-todays-patch-dlc-info-incoming/
    "The day of reckoning is nigh! The Reckoning Multiplayer Expansion brings six new never before seen co-op story missions to the game and new co-op gameplay modes. It provides four new maps to conquer and hazard variations of the Earth maps. It also enables reinforcement packs that offer new kits for the salarians, krogans, humans and volus. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Chakram Launcher, Blood Pack Punisher and Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle)."

As for the CO-OP someone found references to paragon, renegade and some other values in what appeared to be multiplayer stuff. One possible theory, mind you just a theory and some one speculating and not supported by facts data mined, is that we could get to play the Final earth missions as "support" for Shepard and see it all play out from a distance as we play Multiplayer.

No matter what it does seem very interesting, and does have potential Single player and Multiplayer connections. I also heard mention of all DLC weapons having multiplayer counterparts in the files.