I'm playing through ME3 again and as much as I LOVE it, especially that Leviathan DLC, I still get so depressed as I approach the ending; especially knowing this is THE end to Shepards story..and knowing the extremely unsatisfying and disharmonious end..Does that extended cut really make sense? Last time I ..played through it I was still left feeling unsatisfied.

Let me live out my days in peace with Liara please..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'm playing through ME3 again and as much as I LOVE it, especially that Leviathan DLC, I still get so depressed as I approach the ending; especially knowing this is THE end to Shepards story..and knowing the extremely unsatisfying and disharmonious end..Does that extended cut really make sense? Last time I ..played through it I was still left feeling unsatisfied.

Let me live out my days in peace with Liara please..
    Well . . . it makes more sense

But yes, it is much improved after the extended cut. And Leviathan helps it make sense.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I just recently played another play-through as a full renegade shep. started ME2 and went to ME3. I was an infiltrator and my sheps name was D-bag Shepard. And he is.

ME2 isn't too brutal, I still got tali and Legion to agree. Miri and Jack went out without a hitch. Although I did give the overlord kid, David to cerberus. And gave TIM the base. But I didn't feel like a raging sociopath in ME2.

Now..... ME3 is a whole other ball game. After playing my shep I felt like I needed to take a shower every-time. Renegade playthrough on ME3 is BRUTAL. Killing Wrex, killing Mordin- that's the worse. Killing Legion, Killing the VS (Udina deserved it). Letting samara blow her brain out, then killing her daughter. yuck. After that I felt like sh!t. ME3 renegade playthrough is full blown Sociopath, it's just awful.

I really don´t know who wrote ME3 but not only Renegade Shepard seems completely crazy also Cerberus went from the shadowy but somehow "good" Organization that tried to defeat the Reapers at all costs to a full blown Sith-empire that had Husk troopers and lures refugees to death camps (Sanctuary) in ME3.

Renegade Commander Shepard acts like he just broke out of a psychiatric clinic right before the game started. I wonder how Tali and the others can work with such a crazy person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah . . . when I do a renegade Shep in ME3, I don't go that far lol.

I don't shoot Mordin, I refuse to shoot Mordin. I don't kill Legion, I let the Geth and the Quarians work together. And I don't let Samara commit suicide.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    My ren shep has a question.... whos Samara?
    Also, I don't pick Morinth lol
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Also, I don't pick Morinth lol
    Well I did not kill Samara over Morinth that was the only paragon action in the whole play-through. I really think they created a sociopath that kills in cold-blood in every single main mission in ME3

Deleted
    As a Renegade, you should have killed Wrex in ME1. That way you can sabotage the genophage cure with Wreav being none the wiser, and enjoy both Krogan and Salarian support at the end. The only alternative for that joyous union is saving the Salarian ambassador in ME3, but any self-respecting Renegade would have given the original council the middle finger during Sovereign's attack.

I'm a little muddy if this also allows you to keep Mordin alive, though probably not. It's likely his replacement if Mordin died in ME2 that you can fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindu View Post
    As a Renegade, you should have killed Wrex in ME1. That way you can sabotage the genophage cure with Wreav being none the wiser, and enjoy both Krogan and Salarian support at the end. The only alternative for that joyous union is saving the Salarian ambassador in ME3, but any self-respecting Renegade would have given the original council the middle finger during Sovereign's attack.

I'm a little muddy if this also allows you to keep Mordin alive, though probably not. It's likely his replacement if Mordin died in ME2 that you can fool.
    Mordin lives in ME3 if Wrex is dead in ME1. I know this because my first ME3 playthrough was a renegade Shepard that was started in ME2 with no save edits. If Wreav is alive, Mordin agrees to the sabotage, believing that Wreav is unstable.

But I don't like Wreav and I like Wrex, so I'll save Wrex and continue to refuse to shoot Mordin. I like to see it as Shepard's friendship with Mordin getting the best of him/her at a critical moment.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm completely incapable of doing a renegade playthough....I tried but just couldn't. I don't even want to attempt ME3 Renegade....

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike Renegade because it doesn't let me go off the morality deep-end. Save Geth or the Quarian? How about enslave the former with reaper tech and threaten the latter with extinction if they don't follow suit. Join Cerberus' fight evil with evil mindset. Renegade just toys with the notion.

I'm tired of angsty, karma dodging, anti-heroes. I want to play a genuine Anti-Villain. I want to play as Reddick, Ozymandias, or Bane. Someone who disreguards the notion of good and evil, or just sees themselves above it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    I dislike Renegade because it doesn't let me go off the morality deep-end. Save Geth or the Quarian? How about enslave the former with reaper tech and threaten the latter with extinction if they don't follow suit. Join Cerberus' fight evil with evil mindset. Renegade just toys with the notion.

I'm tired of angsty, karma dodging, anti-heroes. I want to play a genuine Anti-Villain. I want to play as Reddick, Ozymandias, or Bane. Someone who disreguards the notion of good and evil, or just sees themselves above it.
    Honestly, being able to join Cerberus instead of always fighting them would have been brilliant, if done properly.

Join Cerberus, control Reapers
    Stay with Systems Alliance, destroy Reapers
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I really don´t know who wrote ME3 but not only Renegade Shepard seems completely crazy also Cerberus went from the shadowy but somehow "good" Organization that tried to defeat the Reapers at all costs to a full blown Sith-empire that had Husk troopers and lures refugees to death camps (Sanctuary) in ME3.
    They were never somehow good. Even in ME1 you would find the results or the sites of their experiments into creating super soldiers including ones that referenced the study and/or creation of husks. Cerberus has remained true to what their organization has always been portrayed as. And that is one that will do whatever it takes to ensure humanity is the leaders of the galaxy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They were never somehow good. Even in ME1 you would find the results or the sites of their experiments into creating super soldiers including ones that referenced the study and/or creation of husks. Cerberus has remained true to what their organization has always been portrayed as. And that is one that will do whatever it takes to ensure humanity is the leaders of the galaxy.
    Right, people think Cerberus was good because Shepard was forced to work with them on a mission that actually was good, even if it served an ulterior motive for TIM. Remember, Shepard even mentions that people were placed around her so she would not see what Cerberus really was, which in turn gives the player a warped view of Cerberus.

But Cerberus was always evil. Even Shepard knew that, that's why she was reluctant to work with them.

First, there's the side missions in ME1 where Cerberus transforms colonists into husks, the other one where they've murdered Kahoku at a lab where they're studying husks, creepers and rachni. There's the way they mistreat Veetor if you hand him to them and there's everything they did on Pragia, even if they don't directly take responsibility.

They've always been a sick and twisted organization.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    "The greatest evil is the one that believes it is doing good." I probably butchered that quote but that sums up Cereberus to me.

And while I definitely think Renegade Shep is willing to push things to the extreme to get results I don't think Shep would necessarily go as far as Cereberus. But alas, all of my sheps have been mostly paragon with a touch of ren. when appropriate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well . . . it makes more sense

But yes, it is much improved after the extended cut. And Leviathan helps it make sense.
    I recently completed Mass Effect 3 with the Extended Cut DLC installed. I find the EC endings to be extremely unsatisfying and sad. I can't even imagine how I must have felt if I hadn't done a bit of research into the endings before actually reaching and not to have installed the EC DLC. I wanna experience the the From Ashes, Leviathan and Omega DLCs, but the problem is, knowing the ending, how can I really enjoy those DLC's... Should have bought, installed and played them before completing ME3.

I'm sincerely hoping for some DLC that will show us the true ending. Here's hoping that 'all hands on deck' DLC is going to be just that. All those things the IT points to, it's just too big not to be true. One thing I found very interesting was Shepard's eyes being that of an indoctrinated person in the Blue Control and Green Sythesis endings. Why would that happen in those endings, but not in the Red Destroy ending? Is that just an oversight? I think it's too big to be just a mistake.

But regardless of the IT being true, I just want a happy ending. One that does not involve Shepard dying or Shepard surviving but destroying EDI, the get and all other synthetics in the process. An ending where everyone lives and the Reapers are destroyed. The Blue Control option actually comes close to achieving that.. Shepard technically survives. This would have been my choice if she simply contacted her squad and crew after it happening. Shouldn't be too difficult. But alas, she doesn't. Fact that the Reapers aren't destroyed doesn't way nearly as heavy as Shepard surviving and reuniting with her squad, crew and love interest. So, Red Destroy for me, because above all else, I want my Shepard to survive. She deserves that.

The most annoying thing about the Red Destroy ending is that you see Shepard alive in that 'breathing scene.' Why give us that, if you aren't going to show us more? Too many things point to something more.

Might aswell have spoilered my entire post... Anyway, I've actually written my own ending for the game and although it's not official, I'm going to think about that ending so much that I will eventually accept it as being the actual ending. It's quite the amazing ending, if I do say so myself. Might require some improvement and more explanation here and there, but I'm very satisfied with it and it's precisly how I would have wanted ME3 to end.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    I recently completed Mass Effect 3 with the Extended Cut DLC installed. I find the EC endings to be extremely unsatisfying and sad. I can't even imagine how I must have felt if I hadn't done a bit of research into the endings before actually reaching and not to have installed the EC DLC. I wanna experience the the From Ashes, Leviathan and Omega DLCs, but the problem is, knowing the ending, how can I really enjoy those DLC's... Should have bought, installed and played them before completing ME3.

I'm sincerely hoping for some DLC that will show us the true ending. Here's hoping that 'all hands on deck' DLC is going to be just that. All those things the IT points to, it's just too big not to be true. One thing I found very interesting was Shepard's eyes being that of an indoctrinated person in the Blue Control and Green Sythesis endings. Why would that happen in those endings, but not in the Red Destroy ending? Is that just an oversight? I think it's too big to be just a mistake.

But regardless of the IT being true, I just want a happy ending. One that does not involve Shepard dying or Shepard surviving but destroying EDI, the get and all other synthetics in the process. An ending where everyone lives and the Reapers are destroyed. The Blue Control option actually comes close to achieving that.. Shepard technically survives. This would have been my choice if she simply contacted her squad and crew after it happening. Shouldn't be too difficult. But alas, she doesn't. Fact that the Reapers aren't destroyed doesn't way nearly as heavy as Shepard surviving and reuniting with her squad, crew and love interest. So, Red Destroy for me, because above all else, I want my Shepard to survive. She deserves that.

The most annoying thing about the Red Destroy ending is that you see Shepard alive in that 'breathing scene.' Why give us that, if you aren't going to show us more? Too many things point to something more.

Might aswell have spoilered my entire post... Anyway, I've actually written my own ending for the game and although it's not official, I'm going to think about that ending so much that I will eventually accept it as being the actual ending. It's quite the amazing ending, if I do say so myself. Might require some improvement and more explanation here and there, but I'm very satisfied with it and it's precisly how I would have wanted ME3 to end.
    They didn't give you more because they want you to use your brain for just 5 minutes and think of how it'll go on from there. Did Shepard die? or did he survive? your choice, we're done in making your story, continue from here.

Deleted
    Hydra with a demo engy as leader...
    NOOOOPE

how did you people get the venom shotgun and is it avaliable for multiplayer?
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Because Bioware wanted you to fill in the details of how the Universe moves on. There isn't supposed to be one ultimate ending where every works out for the best. They have stated that they left the short scene of Shepard in Destroy and the crew flying off specifically so you can fill in the blanks of you being reunited with your love interest. Or that Shepard makes the ultimate sacrifice, his life, to save the galaxy.

The indoctrination theory is also false and has been proven as such many many times. The problem is people keep coming up with new reasons for why it isn't disproved. But the Indoctrination Theory is a perfect example of what Bioware wanted to do with the endings. Present to you three hard choices that aren't perfect but open ended enough where you can create your own ending. The Beauty of Mass Effect has never been about Happy Endings but about being given choices to make that influence the story.

And as for the eyes, Shepard has cybernetic implants. You can see them change color at the end of Mass Effect 2 as well. Cybernetics aren't proof of being indoctrinated.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    how did you people get the venom shotgun and is it avaliable for multiplayer?
    It is only currently available for Single player, via one of the DLC weapon packs. Though it is rumored to be added to Multiplayer for the next DLC. Specifically the ground side resistance pack, which more info can be found at http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/16/g...e-weapon-pack/
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-10 at 01:51 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I was very satisfied with Paragon Control in the EC. I honestly don't get why people herald it as the worst ending ever, it really isn't that bad.