Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only problem I've always had with such systems (Paragon/Renegade in ME, "friendship" in DA) in Bioware games is there really isn't anything for choose the "bad" path. Sure you might get some that prefer bad treatment or actions but you don't really have the story reflect it. So you almost are forced to choose certain actions or loose a part of the story if that story is dependent on a good choice.

Nothing inherently wrong with that but it requires an equally good story element for the "bad" choice. Which isn't always there in Bioware games.
    I'd like to see intelligent evil choices in RPG's to be better rewarded too. So many of the RPG's only have an 'asshole evil' niche that doesn't appeal to me at all, and almost always the 'good' rewards are equal or better. I understand why it's being done.. being the hero is important, but it would be fun just for variety's sake if a game was released where you really can't have your cake and eat it too?

Example: What if choosing not to reveal the evidence of what Tali's father was doing would cause the admiralty board to stack against you in ME3 after they discover the truth and make peace between the Geth and Quarians impossible, and that getting her exiled would eventually be the only way to broker that peace but at the cost of her loyalty? I mean, that is an much more agonizing decision to make if you like Tali, and knowing the eventual costs would make it much more meaningful than a silly paragon choice that gets you the best of both worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Which is why we need the reapers to exterminate them.
    You know whats funny?
    The aztec calendar is actually cyclic, so the "end" that should had occurred december 21th 2012 was actually the end of that cycle, and the start of a new one.
    Its just that the cycle was VERY long and the system itself more complex than anything we use today, it was the first time it reset.
    I guess the reapers didnt consider us worthwhile...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    You know whats funny?
    The aztec calendar is actually cyclic, so the "end" that should had occurred december 21th 2012 was actually the end of that cycle, and the start of a new one.
    Its just that the cycle was VERY long and the system itself more complex than anything we use today, it was the first time it reset.
    Considering that we use our technology to look at pictures of cats, that's not too surprising.

Deleted
    Speaking of ME4, i hope we get origin stories like in DA:O that are affected by our choices in the ME trilogy.
    Krogan Avenger, here i come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Renegade Shepard is a major asshole. Then again, I start a game thinking, "First choices are renegade, this will be easy." Then I get to a hard choice and I turn into a wuss and become a paragon. Albeit with a slightly tarnished record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Renegade Shepard is a major asshole. Then again, I start a game thinking, "First choices are renegade, this will be easy." Then I get to a hard choice and I turn into a wuss and become a paragon. Albeit with a slightly tarnished record.
    haha, that happend to me 3 days ago
    I started another playthrough of ME 1, 2 and 3 (currently about halfway through 2), and wanted to play Renegade, since i only played Paragon before. But it didnt take long to say f*** it and take the Paragon options. The Renegade options are mostly just "being a dick, for the sake of being a dick"-options, which just sucks. Telling your crewmember, who made a very good sugestion to shut up and that you dont want him/her on your ship, sounds like a child, who cant stand that someone has a better idea than himself...

Deleted
    Paragon shep is basically: "Behave, and i wont render my mighty pimpslapping hand upon ye head!" Chaotic good.
    Whereas renegade shep is: "Bitch, where my money at?" while hitting someone for no other reason than "because". Chaotic neutral.

Shame renegade shep wasnt like Dark Side Sith Warrior in SWTOR, cause that was an amazing experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon shep is basically: "Behave, and i wont render my mighty pimpslapping hand upon ye head!" Chaotic good.
    Whereas renegade shep is: "Bitch, where my money at?" while hitting someone for no other reason than "because". Chaotic neutral.

Shame renegade shep wasnt like Dark Side Sith Warrior in SWTOR, cause that was an amazing experience.
    Dark side Assassin is more twisted than the warrior. I've done both as dark (and warrior as light as well).

15+ Year Old Account
    You know whats funny?
    Aztec calendar? Don't you mean Mayan calendar?

If you are, the Long Count cycle actually takes just 18,980 days or ~52 solar years. Every so many Long Count cycles, the end of the Long Count comes together with the end of a Baktun, which happened on December 21st 2012. It marked the end of the 12th Baktun and the beginning of the 13th. A Baktun is 144,000 days or ~395 years. It wasn't the first time it reset. It's actually the 13th time it has reset.

Anyway, if they continue Mass Effect like they continued Halo, I'd be pretty happy. Just started watching the story of Halo 4 after having watched that of Halo 3 on Youtube, as I will never play the games (won't buy an Xbox 360 just to play them). Happily surprised by how intreging it is so far.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted

I knew i forgot some things.

And not even remembering its mayan and not aztec, thats shameful.
    Especially with all the bullshit last year.

10+ Year Old Account

I dunno, my sith warrior was quite the fucking asshole. She made Renegade "I Shot Mordin in the Back" Shepard look like an angel.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been able to make renegade choices, i really don't know why. I usually pick the choice I'd make in the situation, which is almost always Paragon. I do use the renegade moments when I have to shoot somebody to save a life or something, but other than that it's paragon all the way.

In SWTOR I found it MUUUUUCH easier to pick the darkside path than in ME or even KOTOR. Maybe because it suited the character better, but the choices seemed much less...guilt inducing.

Deleted
    One of my biggest problems with playing full renegade...there are some quests you can't do when going 100% renegade. For example the Conrad Verner Storyline...if you are the Dick of all Dicks out there and just tell him to piss off, you miss out on a few quests in ME 2 and 3. Although not gamebreaking but the Store Discount in ME 2 is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    One of my biggest problems with playing full renegade...there are some quests you can't do when going 100% renegade. For example the Conrad Verner Storyline...if you are the Dick of all Dicks out there and just tell him to piss off, you miss out on a few quests in ME 2 and 3. Although not gamebreaking but the Store Discount in ME 2 is always welcome.
    Nobody ever said being a bad ass didn't come without a price.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    Nobody ever said being a bad ass didn't come without a price.
    But why should that price remove game content, when its a game. Sure you might not get Conrad and his quests, but why can't it unlock some quest for a low life to do some "renegade worthy" task. A morality system in a game should never be a punishment for choosing one morality over the other it should just open one door while closing another.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But why should that price remove game content, when its a game. Sure you might not get Conrad and his quests, but why can't it unlock some quest for a low life to do some "renegade worthy" task. A morality system in a game should never be a punishment for choosing one morality over the other it should just open one door while closing another.
    Or alternatively Paragons could instead be penalized for some actions by having doors close instead of getting off scott free for every choice they make.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Or alternatively Paragons could instead be penalized for some actions by having doors close instead of getting off scott free for every choice they make.
    There is quests that Paragons do not get in the first game. It has to deal with Biotic Extremists and it is bugged anyway. No matter what you do, Sirta Foundation will never recover from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindu View Post
    I'd like to see intelligent evil choices in RPG's to be better rewarded too. So many of the RPG's only have an 'asshole evil' niche that doesn't appeal to me at all, and almost always the 'good' rewards are equal or better. I understand why it's being done.. being the hero is important, but it would be fun just for variety's sake if a game was released where you really can't have your cake and eat it too?

Example: What if choosing not to reveal the evidence of what Tali's father was doing would cause the admiralty board to stack against you in ME3 after they discover the truth and make peace between the Geth and Quarians impossible, and that getting her exiled would eventually be the only way to broker that peace but at the cost of her loyalty? I mean, that is an much more agonizing decision to make if you like Tali, and knowing the eventual costs would make it much more meaningful than a silly paragon choice that gets you the best of both worlds.
    You and me both. The most troubling fun I've ever had roleplaying is usually Neutral Evil characters. Really hard to pull off, because its easy to deviate to the Lawful or Chaotic variants. I'd like to go off the deep end and be a villain protagonist.

I just hope MENext they go back to ammo less or put in a option to not have it and get rid of half the waist high walls in every level. I never saw any in Halo 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the best route. Penalties need to be a part of morality systems. Being an angel isn't always going to work. Be too nice and people will steamroll you. Granted, Shepard doesn't seem like one to be walked all over, but trying to be nice should backfire. I think ME3 does this in some regards - having to watch Mordin die was not what I would have wanted, but it was a consequence of my actions.

15+ Year Old Account
    why fix it by making everyone have the problem? Just don't have the problem by making each actually having meaning.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."