Renegade Shepard dialogue is hilarious. Commander Shepard can be a jerk but it's funny!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Renegade Shepard dialogue is hilarious. Commander Shepard can be a jerk but it's funny!
    The best is that Renegade Shepard actually agrees with Javik in every point and seems to be his best buddy and soulmate. Javik is just the best troll out there.

I could give you an few examples I love to bring Javik with me on missions because this dude is very hilarious

Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-14 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Morality system is just a bad thing regardless.
    Events should be effected by actions, not a variable for how many kittens you saved/strangled.

Preferred the personality social battles in DE:HR, felt like you really convinced people rather than steamrolling them with Shepard-points.

And yes, Sith Warrior is a MUCH bigger dick than renegade shep but there is a fundamental difference.
    Sith Warrior is evil. What degree depends on the player. I operated as a honorable yet merciless Sith ruler. So the fact that The Honorable is a rank 3 light side title annoys me.
    Sith Inquisitor was pretty smug as well as i recall.
    Renegade shep is an asshole anti-hero that is supposed to be questionable good through the means justify the ends.
    But he just comes off as a childish bully whereas the sith warrior had the presence of death itself.

The cause is simple.
    Renegade and Paragon are too streamlined, leaving a small path for the renegade to operate as someone truly chaotic.
    As it is, renegade is just a young teenage brat and should be slapped across the face.

As i see it.
    Might be time to replay ME3. I never reached ME3 on my renegade playthrough, it was too annoying. Playing as BitchShep probably didnt improve things.
    I may be an asshole myself, but even i have my limits.
    Although the "Cmdr Shep is a jerk" gives promise that Reneshep evolved into a proper coldhearted psychopath.
    But i guess i cant let Samara die after her perfect record of faithful service.

And all glory to Prothy the Prothean.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-02-14 at 12:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Renegade path in ME games is mostly a shortcut to the end. Lacks content. Because you kinda skip it with your left mouse button (or red options in ME1). And you get nothing in return as if the short cut to the end is The Reward. It is true for Real Life, but quite the opposite for entertainment that video games are.

I'm mostly talking about ME3 though. Because in ME3 a Full Renegade Shepard won't do any side missions. He won't save Grissom Academy Students, Cerberus Scientists, etc. Because "We don't have time nor resources for that!"

Deleted
    Well default Shep is renegade, bumbling through the galaxy to save it in the most efficient way while at the same time (ironically enough) worst way.
    Thats why pretty much nothing was done ME1-2 in default, and the things that were was solved with cruel efficiency. No risks taken. No survivors.
    Just hurrying straight for the big baddie.
    Its funny how logically this WOULD be the best course of action, but you gotta be king of the boyscouts to not miss out. Would had been fun if there was a counter that doomed the galaxy if you did too many missions and time simply ran out.
    Illogical that Saren would wait for you before proceeding with his plans.

Bioware really wants us to be the galaxys biggest busybody, its overprotective mother/father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Renegade path in ME games is mostly a shortcut to the end. Lacks content. Because you kinda skip it with your left mouse button (or red options in ME1). And you get nothing in return as if the short cut to the end is The Reward. It is true for Real Life, but quite the opposite for entertainment that video games are.

I'm mostly talking about ME3 though. Because in ME3 a Full Renegade Shepard won't do any side missions. He won't save Grissom Academy Students, Cerberus Scientists, etc. Because "We don't have time nor resources for that!"
    What are you talking about? a renegade shep would like to get the most resources against the reapers, just like a paragon shepard would, it's the way you do those missions, not if you ignore them or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    What are you talking about? a renegade shep would like to get the most resources against the reapers, just like a paragon shepard would, it's the way you do those missions, not if you ignore them or not.
    Wrong. Time is short. The longer you collect your (meaningless in ME3) resources the more you will need to succeed (that is something not present in ME3 - you have all the time in the universe to build the Crucible, that is lame).
    Shepard has his priorities, called Priority missions. It's way more important to unite (whole) races togather (ASAP) than save a bunch of students.
    The more time you spend doing "paragon's chores" the more turians die on Palaven, the more humans die on Earth, the less Krogans there will be to help turians stabilize Palaven, the less ships Turians will give to Human fleet, the bigger the chance for Reapers or Cerberus to destroy that Temple on Thesia... should I go on? But at least you got 25-100 resource points...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. Time is short. The longer you collect your (meaningless in ME3) resources the more you will need to succeed (that is something not present in ME3 - you have all the time in the universe to build the Crucible, that is lame).
    Shepard has his priorities, called Priority missions. It's way more important to unite (whole) races togather (ASAP) than save a bunch of students.
    The more time you spend doing "paragon's chores" the more turians die on Palaven, the more humans die on Earth, the less Krogans there will be to help turians stabilize Palaven, the less ships Turians will give to Human fleet, the bigger the chance for Reapers or Cerberus to destroy that Temple on Thesia... should I go on? But at least you got 25-100 resource points...
    Sure, but you're looking at it gameplay wise, not story wise, shepard needs resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but you're looking at it gameplay wise, not story wise, shepard needs resources.
    Renegade Shepard needs only Priority missions to get all the resources he needs.
    Paragon Shepard needs all available resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Renegade Shepard needs only Priority missions to get all the resources he needs.

And why can't a renegade shepard have both?

10+ Year Old Account
    And why can't a renegade shepard have both?
    Becasue he's renegade? having both would make him Netrual on that Reputation Bar.

Deleted
    Actually you are right. In most of my full renegade playthroughs I ignore all those meaningless side missions and also the "chilling" on the citadel (all those squadmates that want to meet you on the citadel, fetch quests) because I have to defeat the reapers and not bring this salarian a heating unit stabilizer. That´s why there are "Priority" missions !!

They are Priority because they are essential for the mission. Same goes for ME1 !! In ME1 you had to stop Saren and even Joker said in ME2 that it was hell to chase Saren. This implies that Shepard only did the 4 core missions (Noveria, Therum, Feros and Virmire) before directly going to Ilos (hence "chase"). There was no time to do silly missions for Hackett.

That´s what I found silly ever since I first played ME. You are supposed to chase down Saren to stop the Arrival of the Reapers yet you have like 30 pointless side missions plus all those collect quests (minerals). ME2 is the same. You have to stop the collectors yet you have like 25 silly bandit killing missions that have zero connection to your mission.

If I play a pure Renegade then my Shepard only focuses on his main goals in the 3 games and not about silly side missions or planets scanning. This is Renegade for me !! Doing everything available is Paragon for me (Shep as care bear that wants to help everyone)

Deleted
    Because renegade is cold efficiency.
    You simply dont have time to travel far away to save 20 people when you need to get your ass to pick up that thessia prothean artifact that may end the war ASAP.
    Renegade will sacrifise to achieve victory(and save alot more in the process). Paragon will attempt to save everyone and risk everyone dying. Hes, like Jack so lovingly put it, "King of the boy scouts".
    Its the Anti-guardian Emiya vs Master Emiya in F/SN UBW if anyone ever read/watched it.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-02-14 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because renegade is cold efficiency.
    You simply dont have time to travel far away to save 20 people when you need to get your ass to pick up that thessia prothean artifact that may end the war ASAP.
    Renegade will sacrifise to achieve victory(and save alot more in the process). Paragon will attempt to save everyone and risk everyone dying. Hes, like Jack so lovingly put it, "King of the boy scouts".
    Its the Anti-guardian Emiya vs Master Emiya in F/SN UBW if anyone ever read/watched it.
    I actually like your suggestion on the last page about a "countdown clock" in ME3 that shows you how many time you have left until the reapers win. That would be like the time between when the collectors abducted your crew and you went through the Omega-4 relay.

You had to choose to either go immediately and save your whole crew or wait, further prepare but sacrifice your crew. This would be amazing for ME3 !!

A timer that runs out after a set amount of missions and each additional mission causes some bad things to happen and the more missions you do the more severe those things get (dunno what this could be maybe some characters dying or other bad things)

Deleted
    I would actually like the counter to start at the beginning of the game, but be hidden.
    In ME2 you just did everything until you picked up the IFF so you didnt risk anything.
    It was a good idea, but it was too lenient.

You really should be forced to prioritize for yourself and make decisions and gamble on what can you do?
    Give it real replay value.

Deleted
    I would actually like the counter to start at the beginning of the game, but be hidden.
    In ME2 you just did everything until you picked up the IFF so you didnt risk anything.
    It was a good idea, but it was too lenient.

You really should be forced to prioritize for yourself and make decisions and gamble on what can you do?
    Give it real replay value.
    Yeah a hidden clock that starts after leaving earth would work. This way you would have to decide to either stick to the Priority missions only or do additional side missions and each one adds some negative consequences the more of those missions you do.

This way you would actually be forced to prioritize a bit (hence the Priority missions) You have to stop a reaper harvest and not bring a bunch of dudes on the citadel some artifacts

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be better not as a counter but a Huge Holo Image of Earth and a dry number with % symbol at the end - showing you how much Earth is still intact. And then later in the story add Palaven Holo and Thesia Holo. And numbers will decrease by some amount after each non-esential side mission, and by time you spent in game drinking in Purgatory, strolling around the Citadel Vistas, afking while reading this thread, etc. If any of the numbers reach 0 - game's over. The bigger the number at the end the higher chances for better ending.

So paragons will save every non-esential bastard to sacrifice more in the end, while Renegade will sacrifice a few right away (including himself) to save lots in the end.

Deleted
    Well it shouldnt tick down from afkin, but rather completing objectives.
    Remember that ME3 lasted for several weeks ingame, you didnt gather everyone in 3 days.
    And the holos are good, but without the numbers.
    The tension goes away if you have something so accurate, but it will work if you can see the worlds fall before your eyes and you can only guess how much time you have left.

In the end, the paragons will be left standing with more people around him with a darker galaxy behind him while the renegade will stand alone with many worlds on his back.

Mike Gamble, are you taking notes?

Deleted
    Well it shouldnt tick down from afkin, but rather completing objectives.
    Remember that ME3 lasted for several weeks ingame, you didnt gather everyone in 3 days.
    And the holos are good, but without the numbers.
    The tension goes away if you have something so accurate, but it will work if you can see the worlds fall before your eyes and you can only guess how much time you have left.

In the end, the paragons will be left standing with more people around him with a darker galaxy behind him while the renegade will stand alone with many worlds on his back.

Mike Gamble, are you taking notes?
    Well those holos would work perfectly to visualize you that those worlds are slowly being wiped out. In the current game you have no images during the campaign that show you how the fightings on the home planets against the Reapers get worse and worse so you feel no real hurry.

The holos without the numbers would be great to remind you how those guys are suffering while you are minding your business on the citadel helping some random dudes and recover artifacts and rescue pupils while Earth is on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, without numbers and really visual would be more dramatic.
    Though I would even count offline time. Finished Mars mission and decided that's it for today? Ha! return tomorrow to only see Galaxy completely harvested.