I actually don't mind Jacob's story. Sure, it sucks if you romanced him and wanted to continue it, but I didn't like Jacob AS a romance option even in 2. I just found him annoying and overly flirtatious if you're nice to him off the start, even before actual romance options appear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I actually don't mind Jacob's story. Sure, it sucks if you romanced him and wanted to continue it, but I didn't like Jacob AS a romance option even in 2. I just found him annoying and overly flirtatious if you're nice to him off the start, even before actual romance options appear.
    His story was alright. He was just a boring character.

You have the Turian Batman vigilante
    The Drell monk/assassin
    The perfect genetically engineered woman
    The mad salarian scientist
    The master thief
    The gnarly vengeful mercenary (RIP Robin Sachs)
    The quirky Quarian engineer
    The pure Krogan
    The battlemaster and clan leader of the Krogan
    The last voice of the Protheans
    The psychopath convict
    The Asari justicar
    (Or, the Asari sex dominatrix)
    The sharpshooting, soul-searching Geth
    The artificial intelligence who seeks to understand what it is to be human

Kaiden, Ashley, James and Jacob are kinda boring.

But at least James makes up for it for at least being kinda funny.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    His story was alright. He was just a boring character.

You have the Turian Batman vigilante
    The Drell monk/assassin
    The perfect genetically engineered woman
    The mad salarian scientist
    The master thief
    The gnarly vengeful mercenary (RIP Robin Sachs)
    The quirky Quarian engineer
    The pure Krogan
    The battlemaster and clan leader of the Krogan
    The last voice of the Protheans
    The psychopath convict
    The Asari justicar
    (Or, the Asari sex dominatrix)
    The sharpshooting, soul-searching Geth
    The artificial intelligence who seeks to understand what it is to be human

Kaiden, Ashley, James and Jacob are kinda boring.

But at least James makes up for it for at least being kinda funny.
    Honestly I found Miranda to be boring too. Which is a shame, they can make interesting human characters like Anderson and Joker and Hackett, but their human squad members tend to suffer. Sure, she's 'the perfect womanz!' but I still found her kind of dull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Honestly I found Miranda to be boring too. Which is a shame, they can make interesting human characters like Anderson and Joker and Hackett, but their human squad members tend to suffer. Sure, she's 'the perfect womanz!' but I still found her kind of dull.
    Most of the human squad members mirror Sherpard in some form (it also depends on which origin format you chose, for this I'll use the survivor/spacer). Ashley is the lone survivor of an attack on an alliance colony. James and Jacob both wanted to be Shepard. James was Shepard for a moment and it broke him. Jacob was Shepard and couldn't handle the rules of it all. Miranda, despite her attempts to make it seem like she can handle it, cannot handle being perfect and trying to live up to everyone's expectations.

I'm not really sure of Kaiden. He has always died on Virmire for me. But I know he was a survivor of jump zero and chooses to live with the imperfections that it brought (L2 implants). I cannot say too much about Kasumi either since we aren't given much of a detailed backstory on her.

Zaeed is more likable to us, because he does whatever he wants. He gets the job done, no matter what. So he emulates the Spectre aspect of Shepard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Most of the human squad members mirror Sherpard in some form (it also depends on which origin format you chose, for this I'll use the survivor/spacer).
    It does make me wonder how much of Shepards life was engineered from the start. So many things in his "history" seem like they were set up by someone when you look at the stories and past of everyone else in the game. And the only person that comes to mind is Cerberus engineering Shepard into a spectre from the get go. I hope one thing happens with ME4 and that is Cerberus returns in one form or another with just as much cunning and evilness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It does make me wonder how much of Shepards life was engineered from the start. So many things in his "history" seem like they were set up by someone when you look at the stories and past of everyone else in the game. And the only person that comes to mind is Cerberus engineering Shepard into a spectre from the get go. I hope one thing happens with ME4 and that is Cerberus returns in one form or another with just as much cunning and evilness.
    Using the Survivor origin. His life was partially engineered by Cerberus. They released the Thresher Maw on Akuze as an experiment. Cerberus could have had an amazing integrated story with Shepard.

Sheperd was engineer, by the reapers. *tin foil hat*

but seriously James was brilliant him and garrus doing the pissing contest, loved it. "The harvesters left and egg and I tamed it and flew on it " ok thats not the exact phrase but its still funny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Sheperd was engineer, by the reapers. *tin foil hat*

but seriously James was brilliant him and garrus doing the pissing contest, loved it. "The harvesters left and egg and I tamed it and flew on it " ok thats not the exact phrase but its still funny
    Also when James tried to talk with Javik while he cooked his egg stuff. James tried to question Javik if he likes to smoke, drink and all that stuff.

James and Javik are amazing.

BTW: I can totally see how Cerberus could have something to do with "crafting" Shepard before ME1. I mean Cerberus wants to uplift humanity and there has never been any human Spectre. So what does Cerberus do? They look for an amazing dude/girl and try to "guide" them passively through events like Akuze. They probably knew that Shep was there with his squad.

Also Cerberus could have helped Shepard get out of that slums on Earth as Earthborn and of course they would have likely not appeared as Cerberus to Shepard but maybe as some benevolent dudes that wanted to help Shepard.

In some way TIM saw that Shepard is the hope for humanity in defeating the Reapers and gaining more influence in the galactic society. TIM knew about the Reapers since he came into contact with that Artifact in the "Evolution" comic which took place over 25 years prior to ME1. That means that he may have looked for a way to defeat them which is visible by him trying to create biotic "weapon" children (like Jack) and maybe also by helping Shepard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Also when James tried to talk with Javik while he cooked his egg stuff. James tried to question Javik if he likes to smoke, drink and all that stuff.

James and Javik are amazing.

BTW: I can totally see how Cerberus could have something to do with "crafting" Shepard before ME1. I mean Cerberus wants to uplift humanity and there has never been any human Spectre. So what does Cerberus do? They look for an amazing dude/girl and try to "guide" them passively through events like Akuze. They probably knew that Shep was there with his squad.

Also Cerberus could have helped Shepard get out of that slums on Earth as Earthborn and of course they would have likely not appeared as Cerberus to Shepard but maybe as some benevolent dudes that wanted to help Shepard.

In some way TIM saw that Shepard is the hope for humanity in defeating the Reapers and gaining more influence in the galactic society. TIM knew about the Reapers since he came into contact with that Artifact in the "Evolution" comic which took place over 25 years prior to ME1. That means that he may have looked for a way to defeat them which is visible by him trying to create biotic "weapon" children (like Jack) and maybe also by helping Shepard.
    So what you are saying is you're the one whos responsible?!

I watched the animation of James back story. I actually enjoyed watching that. To me james is what you will find in a lot of soldiers. A load of bravado joking around etc infact hes just like my mate whos last name is james. I reminded him of this.

Deleted
    So what you are saying is you're the one whos responsible?!

I watched the animation of James back story. I actually enjoyed watching that. To me james is what you will find in a lot of soldiers. A load of bravado joking around etc infact hes just like my mate whos last name is james. I reminded him of this.
    Yes I have been looking for a badass person to be the first human Spectre ever since I changed my name from "Jack Harper" to "Illusive Man"

Jack and Shepard were the subjects I tried to forge into weapons (of course there were others too) and both of them were a success even if both of them ended up with the Alliance in ME3.

I think it is pretty ironic that Shepard goes from "Control is BAAAD" to "So TIM was right after all" in a matter of 5 minutes at the end. Why has he not believed me when I told him "Control is the means to survival" yet he believed it from an unknown super intelligent AI which he does not even know?

Ah well pretty ironic that he ended up controlling the Reapers anyway despite him accusing me for trying to do it mere minutes before he used that electric sticks to CONTROL them *confused*
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-20 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I have been looking for a badass person to be the first human Spectre ever since I changed my name from "Jack Harper" to "Illusive Man"

Jack and Shepard were the subjects I tried to forge into weapons (of course there were others too) and both of them were a success even if both of them ended up with the Alliance in ME3.

I think it is pretty ironic that Shepard goes from "Control is BAAAD" to "So TIM was right after all" in a matter of 5 minutes at the end. Why has he not believed me when I told him "Control is the means to survival" yet he believed it from an unknown super intelligent AI which he does not even know?

Ah well pretty ironic that he ended up controlling the Reapers anyway despite him accusing me for trying to do it mere minutes before he used that electric sticks to CONTROL them *confused*
    I don't think he's ever changed his name. The only person alive who knows it is himself. Saren was killed off by Shepard. ME4 should really be centred around "Jack Harper" in the First Contact War and the subsequent 5 and 6 be the history of Cerberus.

I don't think he's ever changed his name. The only person alive who knows it is himself. Saren was killed off by Shepard. ME4 should really be centred around "Jack Harper" in the First Contact War and the subsequent 5 and 6 be the history of Cerberus.
    ME4 should be the return of Shepard. Me5 and 6 should be about Shepard finding EA and finishing them off before they ruin CNC games even more.

JK aside, I'm not sure what I want from the new ME games. Will our character bloody surivive this time? I'd like to think if i do everything perfectly I get the option to. I dont mind my character dieing, but only if i make the wrong choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    The First Contact Wars would be a good setting, but I would be bummed out to have an entire squad of humans instead of an interesting blend of aliens.

Deleted
    Yeah sure he did not rename himself but after he "became" TIM no one really knew his real name anymore because he only acted as Illusive Man and not Jack Harper.

Jack Harper "died" and "The Illusive Man" was born.

BTW: I would actually love to play as Jack Harper during the First Contact !! It would fit perfectly because ME has always been about a squad of 3 (Shep and 2 others) on Missions and Jack also had 2 friends with him during the missions (Ben Hislop and Eva Coré).

That would be amazing.

Yeah sure he did not rename himself but after he "became" TIM no one really knew his real name anymore because he only acted as Illusive Man and not Jack Harper.

Jack Harper "died" and "The Illusive Man" was born.

BTW: I would actually love to play as Jack Harper during the First Contact !! It would fit perfectly because ME has always been about a squad of 3 (Shep and 2 others) on Missions and Jack also had 2 friends with him during the missions (Ben Hislop and Eva Coré).

That would be amazing.
    they could do the whole Rachni wars or krogran rebellions.

Or something utterly odd, we go a few hundreds years into the future and we find a new threat one that the reapers would not withstand. Something that wants to devour all life organic and synthetic! (or synthesis.... urgh)

Deleted
    they could do the whole Rachni wars or krogran rebellions.

Or something utterly odd, we go a few hundreds years into the future and we find a new threat one that the reapers would not withstand. Something that wants to devour all life organic and synthetic! (or synthesis.... urgh)
    You mean the LEVIATHANS ? Yeah I can totally see them taking control over the galaxy once more after Shepard cleaned up their little Reaper mess.

They were the dominators of the Galaxy a few billion years before ME so I can assume that they want to once more enthrall everyone. Maybe those 3 Leviathans we saw are not the only surviving ones and there are actually a lot more of them hiding?

Leviathans would be a thread much bigger than the Reapers are !! Look at how easily they can control a reaper ship

Deleted
    I'd rather have a sequel, a prequel would make every actions and choices meaningless as it wouldn't change the outcome of everything happening in the first three mass effect games.

I'd like a threat seemingly unrelated to the reapers at first that then turn out to be a consequence of the reapers beeing out of the picture. And at the end "The Reapers were right all along!"

You mean the LEVIATHANS ? Yeah I can totally see them taking control over the galaxy once more after Shepard cleaned up their little Reaper mess.

They were the dominators of the Galaxy a few billion years before ME so I can assume that they want to once more enthrall everyone. Maybe those 3 Leviathans we saw are not the only surviving ones and there are actually a lot more of them hiding?

Leviathans would be a thread much bigger than the Reapers are !! Look at how easily they can control a reaper ship
    Nah I mean something that is neither organic or synthetic. Maybe energy beings or something maybe some sort of being(s) They see all other life as an abomination and wish to turn everything else into dust.

the interesting thing would be, you load your ME save to determine how your future begins,

you saved the geth + quarians united the krogran etc etc and chose green? Then you have a united galaxy teeming with life.

You chose destroy and didnt cure the krogan? then you have no reapers to assist you etc.

could be an interesting take, THAT or we get more focus on exploration, with the reapers help we can now go to another galaxy. but something goes wrong and our ship the SS shepard is fucking awesome and should not have died is now stuck in the other galaxy as our new relay had an issue. We then have to meet new life forms and forge new alliances while finding a new threat to deal with.

Yeah, ME 4 featuring Jack Harper, sponsored by Marlboro. Each DLC comes with 3 packs of cigarettes.

I would love some more to his story, but I rather see ME 4 with another main character. Something in the lines of James Vega for example, in terms of power and influence. A second Shepard would be too predictable after all.

A (Class) that goes against a rough (event) that has to think outside of the box.
    Something in the lines of Hawke's story from DA 2, a rise to power or perhaps, a descent to nothing?

Well there is still a whole fucking lot of time before ME 4, and I rather focus on DA 3 for a while. (Adjustable squad member outfits, upgrading them, more interaction. If they pull that off well we are bound to see that on ME 4. DA 3 is crucial to ME fans right now.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    To be honest I would actually hate if MENext features some sort of "Shepard v.2". That would suck royally and let me explain why:

You know most ME fans are pretty satiated with our super cool and awesome military guy (Shepard) that already started out as high ranking dude in ME1 (the different pre-events you can choose) so it would actually not hurt to give us a PC that is either still pretty low ranking or Ex-Military.

I just can´t see them pulling a second Shepard who commands a military vessel that has some things in common with the Normandy. I would actually love to get to play as "space pirate" or something like that. You know you start out as Ex-miltary dude that had enough of the Alliance and wanted to create his own future and so he/she bought or stole his own vessel and you have a crew full of Zaeed´s and Jack´s in other words "badasses". The game could take a turn where you discover some sort of bad things that could possible endanger the galaxy and so you are a dangerous space pirate that has to prevent something from happening.

So you have a new Ship, new Crew, brand new character and new plot. This story would possible be best placed in an post-destroy ending and about 500-1000 years after the events of ME3 because this guarantees that no one of your old ME crew is still alive (Liara and Grunt could still be alive tho´). That means no one mentions Shepard or anything that happened in the existing trilogy.