Deleted
    Time will tell that´s for sure but I fear that if they completely withdraw every support from MP then a lot of MP player will just stop caring about it altogether.

Seriously there are lots of people like me who like to log-in to MP every weekend to do those challenges and not care about it the rest of the week. Now if you take away those weekend challenges then there won´t be much left for those people to come back and combined with no additional content to make things fun again (DLCs, patches) does not help in extending the MP lifecycle.

Using the past weekend challenges however would greatly help in extending the lifecycle because there are a lot of player which have not completed certain past challenges and would gladly do the new ones again.

A loop of past weekend challenges is a win/win situation for both BW and the playerbase.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-15 at 12:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason for them to not do the challenges anymore - is they don't want to do them anymore. Because doing challenges keeps people playing MP and means people will pay for Bioware Points to buy MP packs. No company would deny itself a chance for profit - unless it decided to look for profit elsewhere, or upkeep of servers is bigger than the income. Maybe people no longer buy MP packs with Bioware points.

P.S. And it's not an industry standrard to do events like I described - it's a natural "standard" - it's the best way to do events. Successful companies always do it in the best way.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

lol Then there's the OCD people like me who just hate seeing certain uncompleted challenges amongst the completed ones. I just make myself not look at my N7HQ page much. XD

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    P.S. And it's not an industry standrard to do events like I described - it's a natural "standard" - it's the best way to do events. Successful companies always do it in the best way.
    "Best way" can vary from project to project but I take your point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    lol Then there's the OCD people like me who just hate seeing certain uncompleted challenges amongst the completed ones. I just make myself not look at my N7HQ page much. XD.
    As someone who WoW turned into an achievementwhore, i know that feel..

I think I've missed 6-7 challenge weekends total. Dat incomplete manifest will haunt me until the end of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I think I've missed 6-7 challenge weekends total. Dat incomplete manifest will haunt me until the end of time.
    Miss 6-7 challenges? Try having only completed 3...
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Miss 6-7 challenges? Try having only completed 3...
    This made me smile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    This would get fixed if BW decides to use those old challenges instrad of completely scrapping them.

So you have like 5 of those old challenges still incomplete and with the new loop system you would have the chance to do them again.

This is a situation wher BW can't lose at all because it does not cost a lot to just use the old challenges and in turn they would still make enough money from players to keep the servers running and to keep the MP alive.

Win/win in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    This is a situation wher BW can't lose at all because it does not cost a lot to just use the old challenges and in turn they would still make enough money from players to keep the servers running and to keep the MP alive.
    I want to see those numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I want to see those numbers.
    Dude, the Illusive Man can't be wrong. Information is his weapon. Trust him, his intel is good. /sagenod

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Dude, the Illusive Man can't be wrong. Information is his weapon. Trust him, his intel is good. /sagenod
    Of course my moles in EA's and BW's management level usually give me great intel and those numbers are always right.

In all seriousness I meant that the profit would be far bigger if BW kept using old weekend challenges instead of scrapping them completely. This way more people keep playing MP and thus also buy more packs with real money but if they do not continue them a lot of players wont care about MP and spent nothing on the store.

Which one is better? Of course the continued/recycled weekend challenges.

if any1 has good intel it is me. after all some1 else might have gotten it wrong
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    if any1 has good intel it is me. after all some1 else might have gotten it wrong
    Capital letters; use them!

Recycle the challenges until the release of ME4. Yeeeeeeey!
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    I never asked for this intel.

sorry, wrong game
    Putin khuliyo

Posting on this page for good luck.

10+ Year Old Account

This has got to be one of my favorite parts of this DLC.

And yes, that is my playthrough.
    Putin khuliyo

Agreed. I was laughing my ass off when Wrex just comes flying out of nowhere and body slams a friggin shuttle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

everything about Wrex was funny. Loved his bromance comments to shepard in the apartment, and I loved Wrex and grunt during the party.

Especially this:

10+ Year Old Account
    What could be more important than Zaeed Massani not getting bested by some fucking kids game?

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    everything about Wrex was funny. Loved his bromance comments to shepard in the apartment, and I loved Wrex and grunt during the party.

Especially this:
    That part had me cracking up too
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

i never had that scene. For me it was james shooting a rocket from the high ground.

This is way better!
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster