10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was kind of a rushed job, and they needed an excuse to put those characters on the Normandy to try to make the end make a bit more sense. I just tell myself the Normandy's stealth system keeps Harbinger from detecting it and call it a day.

But yeah, that doesn't explain why they couldn't just airdrop by the beam and call it a day.

Maybe its the same reason why Gandalf couldn't just whistle up some Eagles to get Frodo from Hobbiton to Mount Doom, or why Glinda never told Dorothy that her shoes could take her back to Kansas.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well, it was kind of a rushed job, and they needed an excuse to put those characters on the Normandy to try to make the end make a bit more sense. I just tell myself the Normandy's stealth system keeps Harbinger from detecting it and call it a day.

But yeah, that doesn't explain why they couldn't just airdrop by the beam and call it a day.

Maybe its the same reason why Gandalf couldn't just whistle up some Eagles to get Frodo from Hobbiton to Mount Doom, or why Glinda never told Dorothy that her shoes could take her back to Kansas.
    The Gandalf part is easily explained. Gandalf does not control the Eagles, they merely come to his aid when he asks for their help. He cannot demand them to come. Such a task would be too great to ask of them. More importantly, the big, bad eye of Sauron would spot them dozens of miles away and would send the Nazgul after them. Stealth was key, so flying into Mordor on big Eagles isn't the greatest idea.
    Statix will suffice.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    The Gandalf part is easily explained. Gandalf does not control the Eagles, they merely come to his aid when he asks for their help. He cannot demand them to come. Such a task would be too great to ask of them. More importantly, the big, bad eye of Sauron would spot them dozens of miles away and would send the Nazgul after them. Stealth was key, so flying into Mordor on big Eagles isn't the greatest idea.
    http://i.imgur.com/nyJds.gif

Please do not embed large picture files. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-03-18 at 04:33 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh man, I bursted out in laughter. Not good at work. You people are killing me.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok team, I get it. YOU LIKED THE SUSHI PLACE. OMG I'M SORRY.

xD On a serious note, so far Citadel DLC is very amusing and fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

Yeah, it was pretty funny.

"The minute, the second I get out of here, I'm going to take your head and mount it in the Normandy CIC!"

"Then I'm going to mount her head next to yours."

"Then I'm going to take both your heads and space them out the airlock!"
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty funny.

"The minute, the second I get out of here, I'm going to take your head and mount it in the Normandy CIC!"

"Then I'm going to mount her head next to yours."

"Then I'm going to take both your heads and space them out the airlock!"
    Javik: "At last!"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post

The one that has stuck with me the most is the whole incident of self-reflection Shepard has stressing over how often he says "I should go". I really hadn't noticed it, but I just replayed ME2 and he says it ALL THE TIME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The one that has stuck with me the most is the whole incident of self-reflection Shepard has stressing over how often he says "I should go". I really hadn't noticed it, but I just replayed ME2 and he says it ALL THE TIME.
    Yeah, I loved that Shepard was completely ignoring the fact that they were trapped in a box forever.

"Shepard! Hey, why aren't you more worried about this?"-Kaidan
    "Hmm? Oh. Glyph, you still out there?" -Shepard
    "Yes Commander." -Glyph
    "Unlock this damn thing and go find the others. No one steals my ship. Not even me." -Shepard.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm grinning so much, my face is starting to hurt from all this hilarious dialog. It'll be fun replaying this.

Fuck my life. Instead of doing a couple of MP matches like I wanted to, I decided to go hunting for the warlock tome that gives green fire. It FINALLY drops. And then some scrub loots it right under my nose...............

Deleted
    Thanks game.

Are my ammo consumables supposed to be gone...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Fuck my life. Instead of doing a couple of MP matches like I wanted to, I decided to go hunting for the warlock tome that gives green fire. It FINALLY drops. And then some scrub loots it right under my nose...............
    Wait, Warlocks finally got something that doesnt make them less efficient?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im starting to think im the only mass effect person who loved the mako aspect of mass effect 1, was fine with how it controls, wanted to see more of it in 2&3, and was disappointed when it didnt show up.
    You definitely are not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Wait, Warlocks finally got something that doesnt make them less efficient?
    Lol, yep. It'll even take a measure of skill to finally get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Lol, yep. It'll even take a measure of skill to finally get.
    Did hell freeze over something?
    Im still mad that they scrapped the Cataclysm ability.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im starting to think im the only mass effect person who loved the mako aspect of mass effect 1, was fine with how it controls, wanted to see more of it in 2&3, and was disappointed when it didnt show up.

You weren't, there was tons of backlash about it's removal in 2. It shrunk the galaxy, it made it feel far less of scope. There's a reason they added in that Firewalker or whatever DLC that made the 5 Hammerhead missions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, the best part of Citadel DLC. Tali calling Garrus a nerd. Omg. the party is so well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone else think that the Citadel DLC did the "boss" fight right? Maybe it comes from being an old table-top player, but I like it when everyone plays by the same rules, so having a fight with a clone who uses the same abilities (or similar abilities) as you along with a "squad" and is capable of reviving via Medigel was just great. Its the exact type of boss fight I've wanted.

Deleted
    12 Packs, no UR's