10+ Year Old Account
    If Marauder Shields was an actual boss, then yeah, fine, make him hard. Or if I didn't have to restart at the very beginning, slowly limp towards the conduit, again. Fall on my face, again. Shoot the husks, again. Get shot by the marauder, again. And then try to kill him, again, then fine.

TIM was, by the way, suppose to be the endgame boss, but they decided to make him more about his intelligence than physical strength.

Though I still wish we could have somehow taken out Harbinger on the way.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm working through my very first play of ME1 as an Adept (decided to go Bastion).

Is it worth trying to get all of the achievements and beat Insanity difficulty before going on to ME2? I am a bit of a completionist, but folks are saying how much better ME2 is...was thinking maybe just play this guy full Paragon and another guy full Renegade so I have options for the ME2 character data load-in. You can start whatever class you want regardless of what you played in ME1, right?

edit: basically...which perks / bonuses from achievements carry over to ME2?

edit #2: ok, went ahead and hopped on the wiki (been trying to avoid this for fear of spoilers). Evidently the Paragon / Renegade rating carries over, you want to be max level, and certain decisions will effect the plot a bit in ME2. I guess I'll play through Insanity once to say I did it.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-03-21 at 03:10 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Apparently he wasnt smart enough to bring a bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If Marauder Shields was an actual boss, then yeah, fine, make him hard. Or if I didn't have to restart at the very beginning, slowly limp towards the conduit, again. Fall on my face, again. Shoot the husks, again. Get shot by the marauder, again. And then try to kill him, again, then fine.

TIM was, by the way, suppose to be the endgame boss, but they decided to make him more about his intelligence than physical strength.

Though I still wish we could have somehow taken out Harbinger on the way.
    I would have loved for us to have dealt with TIM who was under harbingers control, set the machine off to end the reapers via the crucible. Then Harbinger turns up and we fight him with the normandy making strafing runs on him while we fight through hordes of enemies to fight him (we manned up and used medigel to fix those wounds!) I wanted to end harbinger personally I was denied this! :<

Deleted
    I wanted to mount that piece of sovereign thats in the Leviathan DLC lab on a huge harpoon, and shoot Harby with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I wanted to mount that piece of sovereign thats in the Leviathan DLC lab on a huge harpoon, and shoot Harby with it.
    *fires harpoon* *harbinger dies* Well he got the point *puts sun glasses on* YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I'm working through my very first play of ME1 as an Adept (decided to go Bastion).

Is it worth trying to get all of the achievements and beat Insanity difficulty before going on to ME2? I am a bit of a completionist, but folks are saying how much better ME2 is...was thinking maybe just play this guy full Paragon and another guy full Renegade so I have options for the ME2 character data load-in. You can start whatever class you want regardless of what you played in ME1, right?

edit: basically...which perks / bonuses from achievements carry over to ME2?
    The bonuses basically only affect subsiquent ME1 playthroughs. In ME2, you start with some bonus XP, Credits, and Resources. But really nothing that you should go out of your way to do unless you want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    *fires harpoon* *harbinger dies* Well he got the point *puts sun glasses on* YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    That was bad, and you should feel bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The bonuses basically only affect subsiquent ME1 playthroughs. In ME2, you start with some bonus XP, Credits, and Resources. But really nothing that you should go out of your way to do unless you want to.
    Thank you.

I'm one of those unfortunate players with a newer AMD system and I get that silly "blacked out" character / enemies bug in certain areas in ME1. It is rather annoying...didn't want to be stuck grinding ME1.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

That was bad, and you should feel bad.
    Dem puns! ;D

Still that ending would have been better than the original! :P If the game ended with mordin going up the tower heroically to cure the genophage that would have been a better ending :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Dem puns! ;D

Still that ending would have been better than the original! :P If the game ended with mordin going up the tower heroically to cure the genophage that would have been a better ending :P
    "Meme"
    "an idea, behavior or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."

And no, we still had to get Tali her homeworld back. Or as i did, savor the feeling of misery as she realised that her entire race is gone.

No I mean the harpoon got the point bit was the pun the rest of that was a meme.

like if I stab someone with a knife in a game I might say "stick around" in an arnold voice.

I save Tali and the Geth.

Deleted
    Arnold is the king of bad puns.
    See Mr Freeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    See Mr Freeze.
    that whole movie was a giant parody on batman O_o but it came out when i was like 7 so.. i thought it was awsome =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    that whole movie was a giant parody on batman O_o but it came out when i was like 7 so.. i thought it was awsome =P
    Nolans Batman trilogy is a giant parody on batman.

See Mr Freeze.
    I raise you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw

enjoy

Deleted
    He seriously need to get back into acting.

He is...

HE was back in Expendables 2, did the last stand movie a little while ago and has several others EVEN conan.... fuck yeh. We just need to get the TIM to get his scientists to work on arnold and make him like he was 30/40 years ago. My god!

10+ Year Old Account
    See Mr Freeze.
    When I think of bad Arnold puns, I think of Commando. =)

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    When I think of bad Arnold puns, I think of Commando. =)
    That film is <3 SO many mistakes in that movie prop wise and direction wise but I love it all the same.

Imagine if Arnold did a character in mass effect and there was a gunship and you needed to get on board. My word I would have just thrown money at the screen.