10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    But it was able to develop that doctrine.

It did so by conducting research at specific point in time and then determining that what had occurred then was something that would repeat itself simply because it saw this behaviour in multiple races in the same timeline.

It had sufficient ability to develop it beyond its standing, simplistic goal then it should be able to adjust and tweak the doctrine as required.
    Only if the tweaks follow the original purpose given to it. "Preserve organic life at any cost" does not include sitting back and letting organics develop AI technology on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Javik View Post
    Only if the tweaks follow the original purpose given to it. "Preserve organic life at any cost" does not include sitting back and letting organics develop AI technology on their own.
    But it did just that in the first place in order to get said doctrine ...
    Last edited by skitzin; 2013-03-30 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just read that entire document that someone linked. I found it refreshing to come across another person who thinks instead of becoming the "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE" person.

I just dislike people who are bitter or cannot stop beating the proverbial dead horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    But it did just that in the first place in order to get said doctrine ...
    I'm a bit confused, are you talking about at the Catalysts creation during the Leviathan cycle or the current one?

I love the Mass Effect trilogy. Got ME3 for free because of SimCity launch issues. Then I got the first 2 AFTER I beat the third one. Now I am playing though all three with a Shepard I made from the first one. Mass Effect 1 was OK, the whole hide thing was broken-ish (took a LONG time to get used to). I am currently playing number 2. 24 hours, game time, and I have to say it's the best 3rd person RPG I've ever played. Going to replay Mass Effect 3 once I finally beat Mass Effect 2. Might even try and get 100% everything done in Mass Effect 3 this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    I love the Mass Effect trilogy. Got ME3 for free because of SimCity launch issues. Then I got the first 2 AFTER I beat the third one. Now I am playing though all three with a Shepard I made from the first one. Mass Effect 1 was OK, the whole hide thing was broken-ish (took a LONG time to get used to). I am currently playing number 2. 24 hours, game time, and I have to say it's the best 3rd person RPG I've ever played. Going to replay Mass Effect 3 once I finally beat Mass Effect 2. Might even try and get 100% everything done in Mass Effect 3 this time.
    I'm really glad you love it! Have you bought any of the dlc?

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny how a lot of you were annoyed when I started a discussion about the ending and here you all are having one yourself.

Wether you're Paragon or Renegade, if you have enough EMS, you will get the same choices. The same results. Your entire Paragon/Renegade rep is completely useless in the final moments of the game. It might affect who you have with you, but that's it.

Destroy is the only viable option. If the Catalyst says that peace won't last between organics and synthetics in de Destroy option, how could it in the Control and Synthesis options? He's contradicting himself, and thus, you have to Destroy them. He is simply manipulating Shepard by making Destroy seem worse than it really is.

Anyway, my own 'epilogue' makes for a perfect ending and I have chosen to simply accept the IT.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Didn't read the article, or any of the discussion since, just as I skipped any discussion about the ending over the last couple of months. The discussion's over and done with, beaten to death, raised from the dead, and had its undead corpse beaten some more. It's a waste of time.

Just my opinion of course. You're free to continue to discuss it, and I will continue to skip the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Javik View Post
    I'm really glad you love it! Have you bought any of the dlc?
    Not for the first one,
    The second one I have a whole bunch, some free and it was the Deluxe Edition so that might of came with some.
    Now the third one I have the ending, all the free ones, just saving up some cash for the rest.

I do plan on getting all the dlc for all the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Not for the first one,
    The second one I have a whole bunch, some free and it was the Deluxe Edition so that might of came with some.
    Now the third one I have the ending, all the free ones, just saving up some cash for the rest.

I do plan on getting all the dlc for all the games.
    At minimum:

2: Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord and Arrival
    3: Leviathan and Citadel. The Citadel DLC is the best and the funniest.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    At minimum:

I'd include ashes for ME3 as well. Feels really weird without Javik imo.

He comes with the Deluxe edition by default, so if you get that you don't need to buy it seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    At minimum:

I will have to get them!

Also was in the Old ass Reaper ship and my game kept crashing.. Had to go to windowed and 800x600 just to do it. Now I'm having fun with Legion in my party.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    He comes with the Deluxe edition by default, so if you get that you don't need to buy it seperately.
    Ah ok, didn't know that.

Deleted
    I cant belive you arent telling him to get The Price of Revenge.
    Zaeed alone is worth more than Overlord and Arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    For once I agree with Gravath. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    For once I agree with Gravath. :P
    Im always right, you just cant understand my words of wisdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I rarely think about that one because Zaeed came with my purchase of ME2 for free.
    Putin khuliyo

Doesn't he come for free with the Cerberus pass in general?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Doesn't he come for free with the Cerberus pass in general?
    You're asking him? You are Zaeed!
    Statix will suffice.