10+ Year Old Account
    Just started my run as Ruthless Engineer Shepard. If not for MP and the tech combos. The game would be harder.

Edit: My mind runs quicker than my hands do. I've gotten to the last chapter. ME3, more importantly, I've done all this to do the Citadel DLC. I just plan to stop my run once I complete it.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2013-04-08 at 07:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Working on a list of the best games I have ever played. Played through Portal again in a few hours. Man, that game is short, but so bloody brilliant. Looking forward to playing through Portal 2 again, but I have a lot of games I wanna play right now; Tomb Raider (73% done), The Walking Dead (just left Clementine's house in episode one), BioShock (all three), Dead Space (all three). Still have C&C 4 aswell, but I was really put of by the new 'mobile' base crap. That's so not what C&C is about...

As brilliant as Portal is, Portal 2 is even greater. To make something as unique and innovative as Portal and then make a sequel that brings even more innovation and uniqueness, is amazing. Better music, better puzzles, longer game, more humor (Wheatley, man did I laugh my ass off with him).

Portal 2 is currently my #1, closely followed by Mass Effect 3. I now know that ME3 is better than ME2, even with the ending. ME3 is simply more epic and has a higher replay value, mainly because of the multiplayer. Tomb Raider (2013) is actually number 3. Quite surprised, but I love that game. ME2 = 4, Portal = 5 and WotLK = 6. The rest haven't been properly graded, but the final 4 in the top 10 are, in alphabetical order, Command and Conquer: Red Alert, GTA IV, Mass Effect and Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

What are your best games?
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Man that is a tough question Statix. I try to name a few of the better games on my list but there are lots of great games I have played the last decades.

1.) Probably my all time favorite game GTA San Andreas because it was the game that really was the one I had the most fun with and it was just helluva time I had playing it with my friends and my cousin back in school. I bought it when I was like 14 years old back in 2004.

2.) If we go with games that shaped me as a gamer then I would count the Pokemon games on my Gameboy as the games I had most fun with.

3.) The Need for Speed franchise because I grew up with it and it really was epic to play games like Underground 1, Underground 2 and my favorite one Most Wanted. I actually loved each and every NFS game !!

4.) ME1-3 because that trilogy really was amazing and opened up a really interesting universe with lots of interesting characters. Also because I am a Sci-Fi geek (still love the Starwars films I grew up with).

5.) Halo definitely had a place in my heart as one of the best game franchises I have ever played (especially Halo 3).

As you can see there are lots of games that I love and that shaped me in my youth and rating them is really hard because I enjoyed lots of games in the 1990s and 2000s and I could name dozens of them here.

15+ Year Old Account
    GTA San Andreas was an amazing game indeed. Like GTA IV more because they got rid of the catoonish character models. San Andreas' size was better than GTA IV. Just driving in a big city isn't GTA anymore.

Pokémon games on the Gameboy are some of my all time favorites; especcialy Pokémon Gold. Think I spend about 540 hours on that game. Which is a lot, considering all you can do after beating the game, is level Pokémon and do the Pokémon League again.

The Need for Speed franchise is great, but I haven't played any of the recent ones. I used to like it a lot, but racing games aren't so interesting anymore. I prefer GTA, in that case, where racing is possible, but not all you can do.

Mass Effect stands as the greatest franchise of games ever created. Amazing characters, a vast universe, an incredibly interesting plot. Having control over what happens in the game, deciding your own fate. Standalone, ME3 is simply not unique and innovative enough to beat Portal 2. Mass Effect is the greatest universe ever created, greater than Halo, Stargate, Star Trek and Star Wars combined. It might have been created later, but it has everything those universes offer in its own universe. The force = biotics. Stargates = Mass Relays. Halo = Citadel. USS Voyager = Normandy SR-2.

Halo is the second greatest franchise, but that's mostly because of the vast universe they created and the story that it tells. Unfortunately, I don't own an Xbox 360, so I've never played Halo's 3 and 4. I watched the cinematics, but it's not the same. I wish I was able to experience Halo's 3 and 4 the proper way. Especcialy Halo 3, because according to most game critic websites, it's the best one of them all and of course the conclusion of the trilogy.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Oh man I spend so many hours on Pokemon Gold as it was definitely one of my favorite Pokemon games. I think I started with Blue and Red and then played Gold and Silver. I spend so much time playing these games on my Gameboy that I still think the Pokemon games were the games I spend most time with in my entire life.

I actually think GTA San Andreas was better than GT4 because it had more cheats and the cheats were funnier. For example SA had cheats that allowed you to become invincible, have unlimited ammo, no cops ever and so on. GTA 4 lacked any of these fun cheats and the major point why it was not as good ad SA was the fact that the world was way smaller and it had no Aircrafts (only Helicopters). I spend so much time in GTA SA just flying around with that Harrier or the Jetpack.

This is why I am looking forward to GTA 5 this hard because it basically brings everything back that was great in San Andreas and even more. It has a larger map than any GTA game ever created, has Aircrafts again, hopefully has fun cheats too.

15+ Year Old Account
    No chance I played Pokémon the most. That record belongs to World of Warcraft, with probably 200 days playing time. No game can match that. I started with Red, then Gold. Had all 151 Pokémon in Red. Started with Charmander, was still using Charizard in Gold. Still my favorite Pokémon.

I also missed the aircrafts in GTA IV. I've used cheats in every single GTA game. I think I also played all; GTA, GTA 2, GTA London, GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV. Any others out there? GTA IV was actually the first GTA game I played without cheats. It was a lot more fun that way, because it was actually challenging. Really looking forward to GTA V. Sucks it has been pushed back from a spring release to fall release, and that it is only released on consoles (HATE!). Hopefully somehow it becomes available for the PC soon after!
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Working on a list of the best games I have ever played. Played through Portal again in a few hours. Man, that game is short, but so bloody brilliant. Looking forward to playing through Portal 2 again, but I have a lot of games I wanna play right now; Tomb Raider (73% done), The Walking Dead (just left Clementine's house in episode one), BioShock (all three), Dead Space (all three). Still have C&C 4 aswell, but I was really put of by the new 'mobile' base crap. That's so not what C&C is about...

As brilliant as Portal is, Portal 2 is even greater. To make something as unique and innovative as Portal and then make a sequel that brings even more innovation and uniqueness, is amazing. Better music, better puzzles, longer game, more humor (Wheatley, man did I laugh my ass off with him).

Portal 2 is currently my #1, closely followed by Mass Effect 3. I now know that ME3 is better than ME2, even with the ending. ME3 is simply more epic and has a higher replay value, mainly because of the multiplayer. Tomb Raider (2013) is actually number 3. Quite surprised, but I love that game. ME2 = 4, Portal = 5 and WotLK = 6. The rest haven't been properly graded, but the final 4 in the top 10 are, in alphabetical order, Command and Conquer: Red Alert, GTA IV, Mass Effect and Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

What are your best games?
    My list:

Mass Effect as a trilogy
    BioShock Infinite
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Wrath of the Lich King (current WoW doesn't make the list)
    Half Life 2 and Episodes
    Portal 1/2
    Dishonored
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Skyrim

Roughly in order but not exactly. Really only down to Wrath is it in order.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Wrath of the Lich King (current WoW doesn't make the list)
    Deus Ex is also franchise that I am interested in. Funny how you consider WotLK worthy and not the other expansions. I completely agree. It was all downhill from there. MoP is a vast improvement over Cataclysm, but the awesomeness of WotLK will never be reached again.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Deus Ex is also franchise that I am interested in. Funny how you consider WotLK worthy and not the other expansions. I completely agree. It was all downhill from there. MoP is a vast improvement over Cataclysm, but the awesomeness of WotLK will never be reached again.
    I only played WoW in BC and Wotlk (not that many hours maybe 400 hours total) and for me WotLK was the best experience I had in WoW because it allowed me to raid fairly successful with the noobish guild I had. It was a great feeling to kill Kel´Thuzad or Yogg´saron. WotLK made everything right in terms of "causual friendliness" and Northrend was just an amazing place.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was PVP in TBC. Wasn't until a few weeks before WotLK that I started to like PVE. Naxxramas was my first true raiding experience. Was in a rather casual guild at the time, but still managed to clear the instance. Mage + Death Knight; best combo of classes to play with in PVE. Ulduar was a little troublesome. Joined a rather good guild, but one day I logged on and the GM and officers transfered to another server... Joined another guild and played through Ulduar and TotC with it. We actually were one of the best guilds on the server, until free transfer to our server opened up. During ICC (when only the first four bosses were available) the guild died. Was a 25 man guild.

Didn't take me long to find two amazing 25 man pugs. Had the best time playing with those groups. Both were Immersion (one of the best guilds) alt runs. 13/14 HC on farm is not bad. I dare say I was atleast their equal in skill. During Cataclysm I joined another Immersion alt run, and that's the only thing that kept me coming back to WoW. Just the competition the DPS in that group offered. I like being the best, so I gotta beat the best. Became a pretty respected player. When I quit one month before the group would stop raiding, they were sorry to see me go. When I came back 5 months later, some guys told me they never found such a good Death Knight after me. Quite the compliment, getting that from people who are in one of the best guilds of the world.

Anyway, as you can see, I am still passionate about WoW, but there's just too much crap in there. Would love to raid every week again in ICC, with an Immersion alt group, but they transfered to another server. Not gonna spend €40 on that. WoW has become too much of an obligation. Love farm raids, but I hate progress raids. Also, I can't raid 3 or 4 nights a week anymore. I have the skill, more than enough, to be in the best guilds of the world, but I don't have the will to attend so many raids.

Never start with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. It's a huge let down. I always level my Mage first, so I did the same in MoP. Didn't have that much fun with my Mage in Cataclysm; had way more fun with my DK, who was in that 25 man pug before I quit. Still choose to level my Mage, and that was my greatest mistake. Mage was so horrible. The level 90 talents are rubbish; completely ruined the class. Quickly leveled my DK, but it was too late. The exhausting process of doing dailies every single day to farm rep utterly destroyed any fun I could have in WoW. If I had leveled my DK first, I might still be playing WoW today.

I've changed to my former opinion of WoW again; it's not worth paying €13 a month. There's other games out there.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-04-08 at 11:46 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath was great because the raids were accessible, and they weren't too much of a challenge for a casual guild, and the hardcores, as much as they complained, could always do heroic/hardmodes. That feeling I had when taking down the Lich King was amazing. And Northrend was so much better than Cata because Cata felt rushed, not as in "developed too fast" but in that it got you to 85 too fast and you were on a train track. Northrend you were still off exploring. Pandaria could be better if it wasn't the same railroad leveling system. And I feel like I'm stuck on one toon because of the daily system. MoP is better than Cata but doesn't hold a candle to the fun I had in Wrath.

Yogg/Arthas are my two favorite bosses and I LOVED the atmosphere to Ulduar. Going down to Vezex's chamber was amazing, the Descent into Madness. And the tram, can't forget the tram!
    Putin khuliyo

The fact that dailies were so numerous and felt so mandatory is my only complaint about MoP. The changes and additions they've made for rep have made it much easier for me to keep a few alts running and getting gear, so that's nice. MoP is my favorite expansion so far.

As for my list of favorite games... top ten in rough order from favorite at the top:

Mass Effect (all of them so far)
    The Walking Dead
    Legend of Dragoon
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (treated like a single player game)
    DmC Devil May Cry
    Dishonored
    Final Fantasy X and X-2
    Dragon Age 2
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Deleted
    For me it would have to be...
    Deus Ex: HR
    ME1-3
    The Burning Crusade
    Pokemon Crystal... where i had every single pokemon but Umbreon, and got corrupted data...
    Final Fantasy VIII.
    And.. MGQ.

And i have a STRONG feeling that i will be adding Kens Rage 2 to this list whenever i get ahold of it.

Also, i see that Moontalon liked FFX.
    I want to ask, why?
    Its really difficult to be playing the most annoying and stupid character in the entire game, those are supposed to die damnit!
    Almost as bad as FemShep.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-04-08 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I want to ask, why?
    Because opinions differ. Shocking to hear, I know. You hate FemShep, I love FemShep. You (apparently) hated Tidus, I liked Tidus.

Frankly, I'm surprised you asked about X and not X-2. Most people think X-2 was a steaming pile of chocobo feces.

Deleted
    Moontalon I am a bit surprised to see Dragon Age 2 on anyone's list to be honest, I am still yet to meet someone who liked it apart from myself.

Personally my favourite games are:

Skies of Arcadia
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Halo Franchise
    Pokemon Colosseum
    Dragon Age Franchise
    Gears of War Franchise (yet to touch Judgement)
    The Witcher
    Red Dead Redemption
    Hitman Absolution

Its only really in order for the top 5 and there is still a few I'd chuck into the list.

Deleted
    Well i didnt play much of X-2 so i dont feel that i can argue anything with it as basis.
    I just remember some dancing, some emo chick and Team Rocket.

It really didnt feel worth playing without Auron.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Ooh a list of my best? That'd be really hard

Mass Effect 2
    Pokémon Black and White (1 and 2)
    Tales of the Abyss
    Persona 3
    Persona 4
    WoW: Wrath of the Lich King
    Freelancer

I've got a lot of games I like, it's hard to pick the best. I'd like to mention Final Fantasy XIII(and XIII-2) as well as Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force as games I loved, but I don't think they qualify for a best list
    FFXIII is number eleven on my list, despite the fact that I haven't finished it yet. I keep getting sidetracked, and I have this compelling need to restart a game after not playing it for a while to refresh my memory on the story before continuing it. Been meaning to get around to finishing it and getting FFXIII-2.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    Moontalon I am a bit surprised to see Dragon Age 2 on anyone's list to be honest, I am still yet to meet someone who liked it apart from myself.
    I loved it. The fact that it recycled like three maps over and over again was disappointing and frustrating, but I liked the story and gameplay enough to get over that. Plus, I play as a female Hawke, and Jo Wyatt is almost as awesome as Jennifer Hale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    I found DA2 to be fun, but I give it a low score of 70 (C-) for recycling maps, repetitive "AMG A BLOOD MAGE!" storylines and bad guys jumping out of the sky/ground with every encounter. So it doesn't hit any favorites lists. It had so much potential though and I hope DA3 will make up for it.

A 70 in my rating system is a game that I found to be fun, but had serious flaws. And since my rating system is based on my high school's grade system, a 65 is a fail.
    Putin khuliyo

Top Ten games.....

Half life + expansions
    Half life 2 + expansions
    Command and Conquer 1 + expac
    Tiberian Sun
    Mass effect series
    UFO enemy unknown + XCOM enemy unknown (I joined these two together)
    Ultima online - I played it when it was only Fel then Fel + trammel. The amount of customisation you could do on your home has not been seen on any MMO since. I was even in a roleplay guild..... yeh.
    WoW - Vanilla - not because of game play (the gameplay and story has improve now so much) but purely because it was SO awesome compared to other MMOs at the time
    Supreme commander + expac
    Starcraft series (1+ expac, wings + hots)

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    My list wasn't ordered, I didn't think of doing that (I'm too tired today), it would be Tales of the Abyss on top, then Persona 3 & 4 on joint 2nd, rest would just all fall under those really.

As for XIII, I didn't finish it either. I played XIII-2 first though so I know how it all goes How far did you get in XIII? I got to where Lightning, Fang, Snow, Hope all met up safely and were about to go get Vanille and Sazh
    I got to when you arrive down on Gran Pulse and you get to the large, open field area.