Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    It's all their opinion.

Mine is that Male Shepard was acted brilliantly. I let these silly fools believe that Fem Shepard was superior. But in secret I gloat over their foolishness!
    And in secret we pity your deafness.

Deleted
    I'm in agreement with the Male Shepard group, the voice just seems so much more suited, i've said it before and i'll probably say it again when I pop back to the thread and play catch up. Jennifer Hale is not bad as a voice actress, but I feel that Mark was just... suited perfectly for Shep, especially when Shepard is lashing out at someone, the attitude he puts over in his voice is really well done.

Just my opinion though, to each their own.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop this madness!

Mark is good as a renegade Shepard.
    Jennifer - paragon.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Stop this madness!

Jennifer - paragon.
    I can agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both. Why choose?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I like them both. Why choose?
    A HERETIC!?! Burn the witch!

*grabs pitchfork*

Only JK

I don't mind either Shepard but Bro Shepard is my preferred choice. Still Imagine if he was voice by Patrick Stewart, his voice makes love to my ears!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Im not sure how you are reaching this thread from the twilight zone.
    Instant Transmission.

Stop this madness!

Jennifer - paragon.
    This I can agree with.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I don't mind either Shepard but Bro Shepard is my preferred choice. Still Imagine if he was voice by Patrick Stewart, his voice makes love to my ears!
    If he was voiced by Patrick Stewart I might actually be able to play Broshep.

Stop this madness!

Jennifer - paragon.
    For me it's exact opposite, Hale better as renegade and Meer better as paragon. Hale's also overall better voice actor than Meer !IN MY OPINION!, Meer is fine too mostly. There are just few scenes where Meer's acting is just in completely wrong tone(eg. there is one scene where Meer is pretty much yelling while Shepard's not angry or anything, and while everyone else speaks normally). I don't know if that is Meer's fault or if he was directed poorly, but I've never noticed scenes like that with Hale.

Also I just think that Hale's Shepard has more personality in her voice. As I said earlier though I think they are both good voice actors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    If he was voiced by Patrick Stewart I might actually be able to play Broshep.
    And i would be able to play BitchShep if she was voiced by Sir Christopher Lee, who i am DEEPLY sorrowful over the lack of in ME.

i agree that both mark and jennifer are great in giving the voice to ther respective sheppards and believe that they can convein the feelings quite well but since sheppard is suposed to be me i went with a bro sheppard (i had jennifer for my femalle trooper though :P )
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    So a dead, monotone voice so much better than a voice that actually -had- emotion had emotional scenes? Mmmm, not buying it.
    Indeed, I played the prologue of ME3 with a broShep. Could not stand it. I was like "dude, show some fucking emotion."

Even the famous "we fight or we die" line was flat. "The Reapers are more advanced than we are. More powerful. More intelligent. They don't fear us and they'll never take pity on us." Also flat.

Granted, Meer is a better VA than whoever did Geralt in the Witcher.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I
    Hm... Geralt was supposed to be apathetic.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Indeed, I played the prologue of ME3 with a broShep. Could not stand it. I was like "dude, show some fucking emotion."

Even the famous "we fight or we die" line was flat. "The Reapers are more advanced than we are. More powerful. More intelligent. They don't fear us and they'll never take pity on us." Also flat.

Oy... there be alot of dem fightan words.
    Maybe what you are looking for isnt simply emotion, its an energetic voice.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-04-22 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to say that I have nothing against Broshep, or anyone who prefers him. I just find Hale to be a better VA, and honestly as female I relate much better to Femshep to begin with. It is why I enjoy Mass Effect and Dragon Age so much. -I- get to choose MY character. Give me a choice, I will pick female almost 90% of the time. Mostly because I don't really like how a lot of male characters look in-games. Though I am more than willing to play guys, I loved RDR. Heck RDR even made me mad because Marston got screwed and the end just was blah. Probably helps that Marston's voice is nice too. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to always pick males in games, pretending I was the character. I've tried to level female characters to the maximum level in World of Warcraft, but they always end up unleveled. Got three male characters who reached maximum level in Cataclysm. MoP was only two; quit back in October before I could level a third. Anyway, the reason for the female characters being left behind was because they were the wrong class. Lately though, I changed my view on that. I no longer pretend I am those characters, to be honest, I never really have. So why should I look at a male character all evening, instead of looking at an attractive female character with a killer body? So, when testing TERA Online, I went with a female character.

In Mass Effect it was different. This would be a perfect moment to pretend to be the character, but because I knew how the game worked, I didn't want to be the main character. I'd much rather pretend I was watching a movie. Once again I made a good looking female, in Mass Effect 3. She looked horrible in Mass Effect... And somehow, her code changed going from ME3 > ME1 > ME2 > ME3.

I did the same for Star Wars The Old Republic. At the time, I had experienced Mass Effect 1 and about 10% of Mass Effect 2, I knew how awesome the female voice acting could be. That played a large part in my choice. Sith Inquisitor voice actress is amazing. And the Story Missions of the Sith Inquisitor are awesome. Epic voice acting with cutscenes and being able to make choices can be so freaking fantastic.

I guess now I just ask myself: Can I make the female characters attractive? Yes, take female, otherwise male.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... Geralt was supposed to be apathetic.
    Oh I understand that, witchers aren't suppose to be very emotional. But monotone?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Oy... there be alot of dem fightan words.
    Maybe what you are looking for isnt simply emotion, its an energetic voice.
    Perhaps that's a better term.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I understand that, witchers aren't suppose to be very emotional. But monotone?
    Well, first of all Geralt is not your ordinary witcher. He was dead once. So that could've played some role in it too.
    And he isn't monotone. He is either apathetic or angry, mildly of course. So it's at least two tones. I found it enough for a character that Geralt is.

http://brinx2.deviantart.com/art/Morinth-364467041

Talent. I have none. This guy stole it all.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 07:56 PM ----------

As for the whole "pretending you're the character you're playing" deal, I do that too... sort of. I pretend I'm the character I'm playing, but it's not me. When I was playing Shepard I was pretending I was Shepard, not me as Shepard, if that makes sense. That means the gender of the character doesn't have to match me, because it's not me as the character, it's just me.

Now I've confused myself. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    http://brinx2.deviantart.com/art/Morinth-364467041

Talent. I have none. This guy stole it all.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 07:56 PM ----------

As for the whole "pretending you're the character you're playing" deal, I do that too... sort of. I pretend I'm the character I'm playing, but it's not me. When I was playing Shepard I was pretending I was Shepard, not me as Shepard, if that makes sense. That means the gender of the character doesn't have to match me, because it's not me as the character, it's just me.

Now I've confused myself. @_@
    If I played a female then i'd not be able to romance Tali. I think thats reason enough to be male Shep!