Welcome to the thread. We discuss a lot of things in here.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is an alternate timeline.
    Well, this seems to be more like it's not the case anymore. For example CBS was said to destroy Romulus in Star Trek Online. While officially STO plays on holodeck it's still interesting.

If after the third film there will be liveaction TV series it will play in JJ Trek, I'm pretty sure. And in Star Trek TV series are the main canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Welcome to the thread. We discuss a lot of things in here.
    As he said, we discuss many things in context to Mass Effect. The mods also drop in from time to time to tell us that.

Edit: With JJ making Episode 7 as well. It should do well. People wonder how the order we be quickly rebuilt. A lot of Jedi survived the purge, they were (in more complicated words) to give up the order to avoid being killed. To re-emerge when the Sith had fallen.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2013-05-20 at 06:55 PM.

Honestly, while Mass Effect was Shepard's story, the thing that made Mass Effect so bloody amazing was never Shepard himself, it was the storyline, mixed with the possibility to decide outcomes and the vast array of engaging characters that helped set the tone and mood for a fantastic trilogy.

Shepard was... just a face and the vocal representation of your decisions through-out the trilogy. The series will most likely survive with another protagonist as long as he/she has a reasonable background that do not alienate people, and they are put into a great context of outstanding video game factors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Honestly, while Mass Effect was Shepard's story, the thing that made Mass Effect so bloody amazing was never Shepard himself, it was the storyline, mixed with the possibility to decide outcomes and the vast array of engaging characters that helped set the tone and mood for a fantastic trilogy.
    That is certainly true. You could create a story with anyone and have it just as amazing because Shepard was only important because everything else experienced made him that way. The character of Shepard wasn't really that great and was always just a supporting role.

However the problem is that people have got attached to Shepard. The biggest problem with a new storyline is that it isn't what people are attached to. Some people will embrace the new story and characters and fall in love with it just as they did with ME 1-3. Others won't be able to see past "not Shepard" and will always have the new experience tainted.

The Mass Effect games were such great games because the Story and the Game World was so in depth and can survive all new characters and still be just as great.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not to mention they made the KotOR. That's where the intrigue is coming from.
    The problem is that Bioware don't "make" any games. People make games under Bioware. The very same people that USED to make great games under Bioware are absent from Bioware for quite some time.

EA denial won't make the husk of Maxis and the husk of Bioware any more successful. A brand don't make games awesome, and EA overestimated the weight of brands in making people pressured to buy, even crappy games.

I honestly don't give much credit that this new Mass Effect game will reach the end of development. I think DA3 sure failure will convince them to pull the plug.
    Geez, EA even had to search for investors to keep Bioware. EA never had to search for investors before, they usually sent prospects and waited for the quicker answer.

I don't think Shepard is the only problem with making more Mass Effects. If any of the main characters appear they have to choose a canon ending. Hell, if any organic races we're familiar with appear they have to do that. Unless they write it out in a few lines eg, "oh yeah that whole Synthesis thing, yeah that didn't take. Wore off in a week".

I really don't see how they can continue the story of the universe at all unless they do something crappy like make it a prequel. Honestly if the ending had been better I'd have been happy if they just tied a ribbon on it after three games and let it stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    You would think that after a year and 17 000 posts we would be allowed to occasionally discuss something unrelated without being chastised.

Also, it is true that the story of shepard was more about the world and the people around him.
    Good worldbuilding is a must in a good story.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-05-21 at 06:42 AM.

i dont feel like we should create a chat thread just for 5 people to have a conversation in all honesty...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i dont feel like we should create a chat thread just for 5 people to have a conversation in all honesty...
    If we get information about the MENext, we should create it in the chat area. Just to avoid being the whole one topic ordeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing my N7 Shadow. And holy crap! Its a beautiful revenge on all those fucking phantoms who have killed me on other characters.

Too bad N7 Shadow can't be a class for Shepard.

Still waiting for my EDIbot . . .
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-05-21 at 09:30 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Right guys, is there any aspect to ME that we havent argued to death atleast 5 times?

Oooh! I know! I know!

How about why that damn data we gathered from the Cerberus operative in ME 2 never showing up anywhere in ME 3!

That one we argued 4 times at most!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    ME4 boss battle, calling it now.
    Since the reapers are controlled by Shepard, destroyed or merged with organics, such a "boss" would be avoiding to fight organics, dead or friends with the organics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Since the reapers are controlled by Shepard, destroyed or merged with organics, such a "boss" would be avoiding to fight organics, dead or friends with the organics.
    I doth think you find Kalros a friend.
    You shouldnt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I doth think you find Kalros a friend.
    You shouldnt.
    A reaperified Kalros is a friend or should be with synthesis ending.

Deleted
    I doubt the upgrade will change its instincts.
    Just because reapers change their attitude because synthesis made the A.Is solution work a.k.a no more harvests needed, doesnt mean that Kalros is gonna give a damn.
    My money is that its behaviour will remain the same, its is chaotic neutral.
    Anyone that expects to get up in its territory will get stomped on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    A reaperified Kalros is a friend or should be with synthesis ending.
    I highly doubt with synthesis ending, that everyone becomes all friendly with each other, espeically a who knows how old angry mother of all thresher maws. Synthesis doesn't change who you are, personality wise, just your dna. The exception being Reapers since, as Gravath said, Synthesis made the solution work.

hey kalros is my pet so stop insulting her
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Kalros is kawaii, as they say
    Maybe even moe.
    Kalros is just tsundere for her beloved Krogan.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-05-24 at 10:39 AM.