Well it seems to be working now. I had gotten all of the DLC a long time ago so it wasn't that. I think it had something to do with Origin. But anyways, I guess it just self corrected or something.

This game = meh.

Cutscenes, stupid diologe, etc. I miss Deus Ex (first one, not new one) style RPGs that were focused on gameplay over storyline and graphics.

Also, Kepler. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arowhun View Post
    This game = meh.

Cutscenes, stupid diologe, etc. I miss Deus Ex (first one, not new one) style RPGs that were focused on gameplay over storyline and graphics.

Also, Kepler. The end.
    good there's the door ->
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    This game = meh.

Also, Kepler. The end.
    Your post was so thoughtful and well written. It blew my mind to read such a post. Boy am I glad that you decided to make this highly intelligent, well thought out post to let us peons know you don't like Mass Effect 3.

Deleted
    Rating gameplay over story in RPGs...
    Guys, i know i shouldnt pull the troll card buuuut....

10+ Year Old Account
    This game = meh.

Also, Kepler. The end.
    Did we play the same game? You think mass effect 3 sucks yet you are asking for games that focus on gameplay above storylines?

The replies to that sure as hell haven't disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Rating gameplay over story in RPGs...
    Guys, i know i shouldnt pull the troll card buuuut....
    I know right? Story > gameplay always in RPGs. Not that you don't want good gameplay, but story takes priority.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I know right? Story > gameplay always in RPGs. Not that you don't want good gameplay, but story takes priority.
    He even mentioned the original deus ex which had a deep and wellwritten story but rather poor gameplay.
    I have reached my conclusion.
    He should be living under a bridge.

well with only 12 posts on his account and sayin that rpgs are about the gameplay and not story i feel tempted to call final fantasy 6 fans to give him a lesson :P

10+ Year Old Account
    or ff4 or lost oddyssey or da or deus ex hr the list goes on and on and on. If you could say story matters here for any genre of gameplay it would be rpgs.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    well with only 12 posts on his account and sayin that rpgs are about the gameplay and not story i feel tempted to call final fantasy 6 fans to give him a lesson :P
    Or FF8.
    People may hate it, but it was brilliant the way it fucked with you.

i actualy detested the gameplay of 8 with the whole draw system. but 7 and 9 had awesome story same as 4

Deleted
    You actually bothered to use draw?
    I only used it for getting guardian forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game = meh.

Also, Kepler. The end.
    "Boy, you've come to the wrong neighbourhood."

That sums up what I think. At 899 pages in, we've heard it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    "Boy, you've come to the wrong neighbourhood."

That sums up what I think. At 899 pages in, we've heard it all.
    I cant say i ever heard someone prefer gameplay over story in rpg's then reference to original Deus ex.
    Not even from rhorle.

Deleted
    This game = meh.

Also, Kepler. The end.
    Some people make me lose faith in Humanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    lose faith in Humanity.
    Just wipe it off.

Honestly modern RPG's have too much gameplay and too little story. Or rather, too much focus on the gameplay - I'd be thrilled if we could get games with the current level of gameplay, but much more story. That's what RPG's are about, after all.

As for the cutscenes, I don't mind them. But for a game like Mass Effect they need to be more interactive. I would squee like a little girl if we could get a much more involved and varied 'interupt system' in a game - not just one alternative, but many, with selectable reactions to events and more varied conversation choices.

The cost of all that voice acting is what's holding us back right now. Which would be solvable if we got really good voice simulation programs (think a SatNav, but much more complex and believable) - but we don't have that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Honestly modern RPG's have too much gameplay and too little story. Or rather, too much focus on the gameplay - I'd be thrilled if we could get games with the current level of gameplay, but much more story. That's what RPG's are about, after all.

As for the cutscenes, I don't mind them. But for a game like Mass Effect they need to be more interactive. I would squee like a little girl if we could get a much more involved and varied 'interupt system' in a game - not just one alternative, but many, with selectable reactions to events and more varied conversation choices.

The cost of all that voice acting is what's holding us back right now. Which would be solvable if we got really good voice simulation programs (think a SatNav, but much more complex and believable) - but we don't have that yet.
    Heh, the way my school's Air Traffic Control lab's voice recognition worked . . . we have a long way to go for good voice simulation. It was like talking to creepy robots.

There were three voices, a female voice, a black dude, and a European dude.
    Putin khuliyo