10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Gamescom 2016

Gamescom starts august 17th-21st i will update with links and stuff later on, if you find any info on games and stuff that will be at gamescom please feel free to add it.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/2...selected-fans/

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/0...gamescom-2016/

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be playable for two sets of players. First set are the 50 winners of a Zelda themed contest which ends today only available for those living in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. Second set needs to win either Pokken, Splatoon, Smash Bros, or Mario Kart 8 tournaments.

Games shown off:

3DS:

Mario Party: Star Rush
    Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
    Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice
    Monster Hunter Generations
    Rhythm Paradise Megamix
    Pirate Pop Plus
    Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
    Runbow Pocket

Wii U:

Super Meat Boy
    Severed
    Jotun: Valhalla Edition
    World To The West
    Steam World Heist
    Axiom Verge
    DLCs for FAST Racing NEO

You can also gain My Nintendo points for playing certain games and visiting the Nintendo booth and getting stamps (250 Platinum points for people who sign up after Gamescomm, 300 for people who sign up before). Those games are: Mario Party: Star Rush, Monster Hunter Generations, and 2 indies of your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...-gamescom-2016

Gamescom promises another huge showcase this year for the biggest games — and IGN has you covered on everything happening at the show.

The show runs from August 17-21 in Cologne, Germany, and you can watch along with our IGN live show to see demos and interviews for the biggest games at the show.

To keep up with all the biggest news and surprises coming out of Gamescom, IGN will be hosting a live stream from Wednesday August 17 and Thursday August 18 from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. PT and Friday August 19 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. PT, which you can watch on IGN's homepage or on IGN's Gamescom 2016 event page.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well damnit, i wont be home to watch it. I gotta work

Are there any conferences this year or is the best we can hope for new trailers to already announced games?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Are there any conferences this year or is the best we can hope for new trailers to already announced games?
    Well, there's mostly new trailers (RE7, Injustice 2, Watch Dogs 2 and other crap) and a few new announcements (Nier Automatica coming to Steam!).

And then there's the new Metal Gear Solid survival co-op game that so far it seems like precisely nobody has liked.

when will blizzard be speaking? and if they are already, could someone please link it?

i'm not good at finding this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    when will blizzard be speaking? and if they are already, could someone please link it?

i'm not good at finding this kind of stuff.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Gamescom-2016

They already did, here's the discussion thread on it.

TLDR: New map for OW, new content and cash shop stuff for SC2, more talk about Legion and the HS expansion, new characters/maps for HotS, and they hope you don't remember that D3 continues to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Gamescom-2016

They already did, here's the discussion thread on it.

TLDR: New map for OW, new content and cash shop stuff for SC2, more talk about Legion and the HS expansion, new characters/maps for HotS, and they hope you don't remember that D3 continues to exist.
    ah, ok. nothing really important. just wondering if maybe something important would be said about diablo or wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

What. the. fuck.