Deleted

destro - lightning rod (2681 haste) or lfr rathak + dragonfire orb (2547 haste)

so here is my dilemma, just dropped a lightning rod and while it would let me hit the haste plateu for immo under hero, im not sure if i should do it, rathtak even tho its 390ilvl, its proc seems to good to pass up

what do?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Oldo/advanced

From what I remember hearing, the rathrak proc was kind of poopy and lightning rod is BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mainhand is actually BiS in normal, but the heroic one doesn't scale very well. Heroic Lightning Rod is BIS.

Edit: The extra tick under heroism, though a DPS increase, is a minor one. The dagger outweighs it until heroic.
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-02-01 at 10:44 PM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    i dont have access to hc rod, what i have atm is normal rod and lfr rathak, depending on my luck i might be able to get a normal one but atm i dont, so normal rod vs lfr rathak

Rod is only BiS because there is no heroic off-hand. If you have access to normal rath and dragonfire orb then you have your set-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramic View Post
    Rod is only BiS because there is no heroic off-hand. If you have access to normal rath and dragonfire orb then you have your set-up.
    Ohh. I thought it was debuff problem. Okay. That makes sense. What he said though. See my edit as well =)

None of these answer his question - take lightning rod if you are hitting 2681 haste with it.

Stick with Lightning rod. It appears if you switch to Rathak and Dragonfire Orb not only will you lose the 2681 haste treshold but also the 2589 haste threshold. You should simulcraft it to be sure. However, dropping below the 2589 threshold should be a significant dps loss.

have the same issue but i am using normal rathrak, getting runestaff next week and i am not sure if i should use it or not

hopelessly confused
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    so here is my dilemma, just dropped a lightning rod and while it would let me hit the haste plateu for immo under hero, im not sure if i should do it, rathtak even tho its 390ilvl, its proc seems to good to pass up

what do?

Compared to normal LR, LFR rathrak is not good. The only reason normal rathrak comes out ahead of normal lightning rod is the extra spellpower it has because of the increased Ilvl. Since LFR is lower ilvl this bonus is nonexistant. Stick with LR, especially since you'd be losing you 2589 breakpoint without it.

edit for needless clarification:

Normal Rathrak, even with just the 378 offhand from heroics, WITHOUT THE PROC INCLUDED, does ~50 dps less than normal Lightning Rod. So in order for it to be an upgrade for destruction, you need to maintain at least 2589 haste and the proc has to do more than 50 dps. Just browing logs, the proc does ~350-450 dps in reality, so Rathrak + 378 offhand is a ~300-400 dps improvement over normal Lightning Rod. This gap is expanded even further for any fights with multiple targets. The main reason is the extra spellpower, the proc is just icing on the cake. So unless you have the legendary or heroic Lightning Rod, NORMAL rathrak is going to be your best in slot weapon until one of the two (legendary or H LR). So tired of seeing misconception/misinformation on rathrak .__.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-02-02 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post

what do?

the lightning rod is better for your dps, but ti is better for overall raid dps. Which is kinda moot because a guild hardcore enough to care about overall dps has legendaries. So just get rod so your Gm who probably wont understand this doesn't get mad at your dps
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    the lightning rod is better for your dps, but ti is better for overall raid dps. Which is kinda moot because a guild hardcore enough to care about overall dps has legendaries. So just get rod so your Gm who probably wont understand this doesn't get mad at your dps
    Ti'Tahk is almost a 1000 personal dps loss over Lightning Rod normal. The proc would need to be worth 1000 raid dps to be a raid dps gain, and since the proc splash buff can go to pets/healers/tanks/crappy dps, this is not the case. Not to mention the fact that maintaining haste breakpoints (as destruction) and hit cap becomes much more difficult when you consider it has no stats on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidPanda View Post
    None of these answer his question - take lightning rod if you are hitting 2681 haste with it.
    I answered his question. Read what was said again.