Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well yeah this sounds dramatic, and VERY VERY powerful. I admit that. But still, even if the explosion is massive enough to destroy half the universe, it wont be enough to penetrate superman as long there is no green kryptonite involved.

It may sound unfair or whatever, but you need to realize that if you aint got green kryptonite there is NOOOO chance of a win against superman.

I am a DBZ fan myself and sureley would love to see them kick supermans ass, but by definition they simply cant.
    isn't he just as weak as a human if the sun is destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well yeah this sounds dramatic, and VERY VERY powerful. I admit that. But still, even if the explosion is massive enough to destroy half the universe, it wont be enough to penetrate superman as long there is no green kryptonite involved.

It may sound unfair or whatever, but you need to realize that if you aint got green kryptonite there is NOOOO chance of a win against superman.

I am a DBZ fan myself and sureley would love to see them kick supermans ass, but by definition they simply cant.
    You are misinformed on your Superman lore. All versions of Superman can be killed without Kryptonite. And the main version we've been discussing, Kal-EL Earth One, aka Pre-Crisis Superman, is immune to Kryptonite. He still loses plenty of fights in the comics though. Like the time he was beaten by a giant radioactive super powered spider.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    isn't he just as weak as a human if the sun is destroyed?
    His power is slowly drained over the course of 1 month. Though it depends on the version. Some versions don't need a yellow sun, others are drained instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    only one person would win in that fight Popeye the sailor man.

he's already fought and beat silver age superman. what he's got is:

Super strength
    -Super speed
    -Super breathe
    -Extreme jumping capabilities
    -Flight via pipe propulsion
    -Invulnerability
    -Extremely durability
    -Matter manipulation via super punch or punch transmutation
    -Resistance to magic and mind control
    -Capable of eating anything and turning it into a weapon
    -Capable of breathing underwater for extreme periods of time
    -Can survive in space
    -Instant healing factors

his super human flexibilty and shape shifting... popeye has transformed his body into many objects including tank tracks while traversing the desert with olive and whimpy. his bicepts can form complex machines like guns warships tanks artillery in miniature sizes though he has never had an opponent he has ever had to use them on he usually just shows of this ability to frighten his enemies.

In the same way Superboy has "tactile telekinesis", Popeye has "tactile matter manipulation". Anything he lays a punch on can be transmuted into any obscure object he can conceive.

For instance, one time in Spain Popeye played matador and was getting trampled by "El Toro" the fiercest bull in all of Spain. After getting knocked across the auditorium by El Toro, Popeye ate some spinach and then punched El Toro turning him into a stack of steaks, a side of beef, and a length of sausages (And I'm being dead serious, this is not a joke, it actually happened).
    This both makes me miss old school cartoons for their ludicrous violence and reminds me of the Fairly Oddparents episode with Timmies' grandfather. Basically that episode(and more than a few scenes in the Channel Surfers special) basically pointed out how censorship has gotten the better of us. But yeah ANYONE who grew up with old tex avery style stuff knows this type of thing used to happen ALL THE TIME. Good times good times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremegreen View Post
    Buu turned Vegito into a piece of candy and he still whooped Buu's ass(as a coffee candy) .Goku's above vegito's strength in the time difference,so he could do the same...
    Again, Popeye can bend reality to get spinach. He can pull it out of nowhere, or break the 4th wall for it. Popeye is never without spinach.

-Popeye once lifted the earth in one of the Fleischer shorts that was spoofing Greek Mythology.

-He dog paddled an island that both he and Olive Oyl were stranded on back to the mainland.

-With a lasso, he pulled the Grand Canyon together just so he could reach Bluto on the other side

-He knocked a comet that would have destroyed the earth into tiny bits.

-He punched Bluto so hard, Bluto hit the full moon, which was blown apart so that only a crescent was left

-He pulled the moon closer to earth

-He stopped a martian invasion by punching the fleet all the way back to Mars.

- He pulled the world's continents back together again with only a lasso.

-He knocked Bluto so hard, Bluto broke through the time stream and de-aged into an infant

-He knocked Bluto so hard, he destroyed the constellations and altered the night sky.

-He lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so the morning would come quicker.

-He blew the sun out like a candle so he could get some private time with Olive Oyl.

-In an episode spoofing Exodus where he played Moses, he got tired of waiting for God and parted the Red Sea himself.

-He becomes a master of any discipline after taking spinach. He led a twenty man band, where he was the band himself, became a master musician, master sculptor, brilliant scientist, and a master magician.

-Taking spinach renders him immune to magic. Bluto once tried to turn him into a frog, but he punched the spell back at Bluto. Also Zeus tried to zap Popeye with a lightning bolt, but Popeye punched it back at him, thus defeating Zeus by frying him.

-Popeye can ressurect himself from the dead with spinach. His nephews force fed some to his lifeless body. Popeye's soul returned to his body, which got up and proceeded to beat the crap out of Bluto.

-Popeye resisted being wiped out of existence by an animator. His pipe was fed spinach, Popeye willed himself back, and then he beat up the animator. Which brings me to...

-Popeye can break the 4th wall. A real boy in the movie audience threw some spinach into the screen to Popeye. Popeye got up and hit Bluto so hard, Bluto was knocked into the real world.

-Popeye can resist mind control after eating spinach. An evil hypnotist hypnotized Popeye into thinking he was a chicken. Popeye ate some spinach, snapped out of it, and then counter hypnotized the hypnotist into thinking he was a baby.

Popeye's strength is well known, but his speed and reflexes are both superhuman as well. On more than one occasion, he has pushed a piano, wardrobe, or other large object from the window of a high-rise apartment; and managed to run down several flights of stairs to the street below in time to catch said piano (etc) before it impacts upon the sidewalk... WITHOUT FIRST EATING SPINACH!

He also punched out god and beat zeus easily. He also punches out universes. He punched out his own universe by punching out his film. He also if I remember recreated his own universe once i think. It was in 1 of the comics.

He survived being retconned and being erased from existence. He also came back from the dead.

And those were with only 1 can of spinach or some with NO spinach at all

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Again, Popeye can bend reality to get spinach. He can pull it out of nowhere, or break the 4th wall for it. Popeye is never without spinach.

-Popeye once lifted the earth in one of the Fleischer shorts that was spoofing Greek Mythology.

-He dog paddled an island that both he and Olive Oyl were stranded on back to the mainland.

-With a lasso, he pulled the Grand Canyon together just so he could reach Bluto on the other side

-He knocked a comet that would have destroyed the earth into tiny bits.

-He punched Bluto so hard, Bluto hit the full moon, which was blown apart so that only a crescent was left

-He pulled the moon closer to earth

-He stopped a martian invasion by punching the fleet all the way back to Mars.

- He pulled the world's continents back together again with only a lasso.

-He knocked Bluto so hard, Bluto broke through the time stream and de-aged into an infant

-He knocked Bluto so hard, he destroyed the constellations and altered the night sky.

-He lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so the morning would come quicker.

-He blew the sun out like a candle so he could get some private time with Olive Oyl.

-In an episode spoofing Exodus where he played Moses, he got tired of waiting for God and parted the Red Sea himself.

-He becomes a master of any discipline after taking spinach. He led a twenty man band, where he was the band himself, became a master musician, master sculptor, brilliant scientist, and a master magician.

-Taking spinach renders him immune to magic. Bluto once tried to turn him into a frog, but he punched the spell back at Bluto. Also Zeus tried to zap Popeye with a lightning bolt, but Popeye punched it back at him, thus defeating Zeus by frying him.

-Popeye can ressurect himself from the dead with spinach. His nephews force fed some to his lifeless body. Popeye's soul returned to his body, which got up and proceeded to beat the crap out of Bluto.

-Popeye resisted being wiped out of existence by an animator. His pipe was fed spinach, Popeye willed himself back, and then he beat up the animator. Which brings me to...

-Popeye can break the 4th wall. A real boy in the movie audience threw some spinach into the screen to Popeye. Popeye got up and hit Bluto so hard, Bluto was knocked into the real world.

-Popeye can resist mind control after eating spinach. An evil hypnotist hypnotized Popeye into thinking he was a chicken. Popeye ate some spinach, snapped out of it, and then counter hypnotized the hypnotist into thinking he was a baby.

Popeye's strength is well known, but his speed and reflexes are both superhuman as well. On more than one occasion, he has pushed a piano, wardrobe, or other large object from the window of a high-rise apartment; and managed to run down several flights of stairs to the street below in time to catch said piano (etc) before it impacts upon the sidewalk... WITHOUT FIRST EATING SPINACH!

He also punched out god and beat zeus easily. He also punches out universes. He punched out his own universe by punching out his film. He also if I remember recreated his own universe once i think. It was in 1 of the comics.

He survived being retconned and being erased from existence. He also came back from the dead.

And those were with only 1 can of spinach or some with NO spinach at all
    Okay, fine. Since you're so insistent on arguing this crap, I will respond with a full logical argument.

First off, speed and reflexes. Running down a building before an object dropped from an apartment reaches the ground is barely superhuman, and can easily be accomplished with a speed of around 100 MPH. SS2 Gohan is shown to be able to move over 700,000 times light speed, and SS4 end of GT Goku would be able to move far far faster, possibly to the point of being omnipresent. Goku also has equivalent reflexes and fighting skill.

Second, strength. Punching out your own film is not punching out your universe, it is breaking the fourth wall, (something Popeye did all the time) and punching out your film. It is not equal to spallating 9 nonillion Earths worth of solar mass. Goku is stronger than Majin Buu by the end of DBZ. Majin Buu can destroy not just the universe, but the entire cosmos, just with his anger. End of GT Goku is so much stronger, it's vritually impossible to calculate, but it borders on being infinite. Therefore, it is a safe assumption that Goku can destroy more than one cosmos.

Third, Popeye has been significantly damaged before by forces that have not been shown to be capable of destroying a universe, galaxy, star, planet, or any other noteworthy celestial body. This means that with Goku's virtually infinite levels of strength, he could spallate Popeye's entire body with a single blow.

Fourth, surviving being retconned is not a measurable feat of strength. If you would like to provide me with an accurate measurement in joules, weight, psi, or any other Newtonian or scientific measurement, I would be happy to calculate it for you.

Fifth, it has been established for a very long time in this thread that no gear is allowed. This means no spinach, and no pipe for flying.

So unless Popeye has any more significant feats concerning strength, speed, or durability, this fight is over, as Goku has been shown to be superior in every way. Also, fyi, this is a Goku vs Superman thread, not a Goku or Superman vs whatever random thing you can think of thread. If you wish to post this matchup in a new thread, I will happily comment on it there, where the discussion won't be off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmydeeps1 View Post
    Superman that is all
    Would you care to explain your argument, or respond to any counter points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Okay, fine. Since you're so insistent on arguing this crap, I will respond with a full logical argument.

First off, speed and reflexes. Running down a building before an object dropped from an apartment reaches the ground is barely superhuman, and can easily be accomplished with a speed of around 100 MPH. SS2 Gohan is shown to be able to move over 700,000 times light speed, and SS4 end of GT Goku would be able to move far far faster, possibly to the point of being omnipresent. Goku also has equivalent reflexes and fighting skill.

Second, strength. Punching out your own film is not punching out your universe, it is breaking the fourth wall, (something Popeye did all the time) and punching out your film. It is not equal to spallating 9 nonillion Earths worth of solar mass. Goku is stronger than Majin Buu by the end of DBZ. Majin Buu can destroy not just the universe, but the entire cosmos, just with his anger. End of GT Goku is so much stronger, it's vritually impossible to calculate, but it borders on being infinite. Therefore, it is a safe assumption that Goku can destroy more than one cosmos.

Third, Popeye has been significantly damaged before by forces that have not been shown to be capable of destroying a universe, galaxy, star, planet, or any other noteworthy celestial body. This means that with Goku's virtually infinite levels of strength, he could spallate Popeye's entire body with a single blow.

Fourth, surviving being retconned is not a measurable feat of strength. If you would like to provide me with an accurate measurement in joules, weight, psi, or any other Newtonian or scientific measurement, I would be happy to calculate it for you.

Fifth, it has been established for a very long time in this thread that no gear is allowed. This means no spinach, and no pipe for flying.

So unless Popeye has any more significant feats concerning strength, speed, or durability, this fight is over, as Goku has been shown to be superior in every way. Also, fyi, this is a Goku vs Superman thread, not a Goku or Superman vs whatever random thing you can think of thread. If you wish to post this matchup in a new thread, I will happily comment on it there, where the discussion won't be off topic.

I'm pretty sure you're being trolled...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're being trolled...
    Believe me, I'm well aware. My hope was that a harsh, yet serious response would shut down the bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Believe me, I'm well aware. My hope was that a harsh, yet serious response would shut down the bullshit.
    Lol, in internet terms we call that "feeding the troll" =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Goku just stands there charging up his laz0rz or whatever that thing he does is called, while Superman gets bored and flies away.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Lol, in internet terms we call that "feeding the troll" =P
    +1 interwebs

15+ Year Old Account
    People should really stop trolling this thread though, and if they are serious, read any of Laurcus' posts before posting something so silly Laurcus need only look at the post and it would hide in a corner in shame.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been pondering it for awhile, and I think I'm just gonna close this. After 52 pages, there's not really anything that hasn't been said, and each page seems to go toward something off-topic.