Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    I thought my guess was very optimistic when you consider what Mike O’Brien said in last Arenanet blog.

Here is the part of it that I mean :
    optimistic it is but i want the impatient release date.

Hope it will not be before June/July ... still got a lot of HoM farming ahead of me

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

My guess for a release date would be may/june at the earliest. Unless they do not anounce release date before march. Seeing as no big MMO has EVER released mid-summer(july-aug) I would guess a september/oktober release date

Deleted
    Well, my guess will have to be the 28th of april.
    Same date as GW1 released, and if they're close to release date, it would be a shame since the release date for the first game is so close ^^

I honestly hope that when they give a release date far ahead, if the release date would be in 4-5 months. I'd like them to be quiet for 3 months and then give the release date. I wouldn't sleep a day if the game has a set release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Hope it will not be before June/July ... still got a lot of HoM farming ahead of me
    What is HoM?

Hope it's early May release, would come perfectly for my birthday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    What is HoM?
    Hall of Monuments, it offers (cosmetic!) rewards in GW2 for GW1 players.

OT: April/May
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-02-02 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Hoping for a june release, would be perfect. Done with school with all the time in the world to play GW2 and D3....oh....god....I....can't....WAIT!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Speculative"

When MOP is released!!! [/sarcasm]

I hope July/August (chances are I'll be home alone again in the summer for 8-9 weeks with nothing to worry about!)

My spidersense says May. Friday 25th. Which will coincide with National tap dance day in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Late April / Early May. Leaning towards April.
    That's my inclination as well, but I'm going to say May. Mostly because it's a larger window Besides, I want to be able to spend some time in The Secret World before GW2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    "Speculative"

Heh, some people are already suggesting that the promised MoP press releases for March is Blizzard's attempt to keep attention off of Guild Wars 2's beta events starting in the same month.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    This is what i thought when i saw that post on the front of mmo-champion. Then i laughed because blizzard is scared.
    Scared? I doubt it. It's the same sort of behavior they've shown for pretty much every other MMORPG that's come out in the past six years. (For the record, I also don't think there's anything wrong with doing that sort of thing, either. Marketing is, at its most fundamental, all about "Look at me, not at them!")
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    "Speculative"

I hope July/August (chances are I'll be home alone again in the summer for 8-9 weeks with nothing to worry about!)
    I wouldnt hold my breath seeing as July/August are the least likely months. I mean has there ever been a big game that has been released late summer?

May/June. I don't know, Blizzard had a month between Beta and Cataclysm, so could be the "last details before shipping month".

Late April. Since open beta will still in March and continue during April I guess they will release it late April. Open beta will probably not be longer then a couple of weeks. No point in having an open beta any longer than that.

Deleted
    Well, if the beta tests at the end of april count as their previous "open beta" testing, I think May or June. I'd prefer June myself, but that's just personal! If they still do open beta tests after March/April, it's June. Don't think they'll want to launch at the start of summer holiday, with people on holiday and all and people just playing less because they have free time and the nice weather.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-02-02 at 07:07 PM.

ArenaNet hired 3 new community managers today. Press beta later this month then beta weekends in March and April one of the Anet people called them a "marketing beta". I expect to hear a launch date late this month and I'm guesing its late April/May. the only reason to have a press beta then beta weekends is to gerneate hype and you dont do that if your launch plans are far off imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbee13 View Post
    ArenaNet hired 3 new community managers today.
    Two of them have already worked for NCsoft EU since 2008, they're just giving them an additional role. Rubi is new though.

From the ArenaNet twitter
    It is my pleasure to announce that @Rubi_ Bayer will be joining the ArenaNet Community Team on Monday. Give her a warm welcome! ~MK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbee13 View Post
    ArenaNet hired 3 new community managers today. Press beta later this month then beta weekends in March and April one of the Anet people called them a "marketing beta". I expect to hear a launch date late this month and I'm guesing its late April/May. the only reason to have a press beta then beta weekends is to gerneate hype and you dont do that if your launch plans are far off imo.
    Oh god, May would be fantastic. I just have upgrade my computer by then, and I'll be good to go.