Poll: Which element?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Earth.

Its just my element.

Deleted
    Taking Avatar the last air benders logic, if I chose water, during the full moon I cold control other people like puppets, that could be fun.

Or if I followed Misfits logic, I could contorl the water in someones body that they drank and make them choke to death etc (ok the guy in the show used milk. lactokinesis loool)

I can swim pretty much forever, although fishes are fugly as hell and scare me ....

Earth on the other hand, the sh*t Toph Bei Fong (last air BENDER) could do with that element was awesome.

I guess I would go with Earth, its all around us

Deleted
    Definitely water The source to all life!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Taking Avatar the last air benders logic, if I chose water, during the full moon I cold control other people like puppets, that could be fun.

Or if I followed Misfits logic, I could contorl the water in someones body that they drank and make them choke to death etc (ok the guy in the show used milk. lactokinesis loool)
    Or that scene in Avatar where Hama (?) used her waterbending to rip the water out of the surrounding plants (killing them). Waterbending has a pretty nasty, dark side to it. But it also has the healing which is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Water is the tough one... the other forces would have the most defense against water, unless you can control the h20 in the human body. Floods can be frozen/evaporated, rain storms can be blown away... meh.
    I definitely view water as a much more defensive element opposed to offensive, though there are still plenty of things you can do on the offense.
    - Boil/freeze blood
    - Remove water from the human body
    - Redirect fluids to/from a vital organ
    - Kill all their animals/livestock (with the above)
    - Get rid of all moisture in the air, thus turning a place into a barren wasteland
    - Add way too much moisture, thus creating a swamp
    - Melt polar ice caps
    - Freeze the ocean
    - Hail
    - Blizzards
    - Floods

The list can go on. My feeling is that if we are talking about Earth (the planet)... there's way more water available to play with than Earth.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-02 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FIRE! imagine Beavis... "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wind because its everywhere and i can slice and dice things, mwuahahahaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh water for sure. I would do things like, say a guy was peeing at a urinal. And I just "bended" the urine to go from his bladder straight to his face! Only to go back to his bladder. Ohhhhh the shenanigans I would do...

Fire- Best power for destruction alone. Since Fire is just oxidization you could possibly control rust. Then you could control the way humans absorb oxygen to the blood. You could make every breathing thing suffocate no matter how hard they breathe. With fire you can ignite the atmosphere, and burn the nitrogen in the air. Yeah... Fire is best.

Just putting some thoughts out there in writing:

If we abide some minor rules of alchemy (i.e. something can't come from nothing or whatever -- outside of fire in this case, I guess):

I would very much worry about people using Earth. Shift too much and it will unknowingly cause an earthquake (which you may be able to stop) or cause the city to fall because of how you shifted things.

You won't screw everyone with Air by redirecting some to somewhere else.
    You won't screw everyone with Fire because... well it's not like there are fields of fire that people rely on or whatever.
    You won't screw people with Water (unless you go REALLY big scale) by redirecting some to another place.

Frankly, recklessness with this could mean Earth benders would unknowingly kill/screw a lot of people.

Deleted
    Uranium :P

OT: Water because of the possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Just putting some thoughts out there in writing:

If we abide some minor rules of alchemy (i.e. something can't come from nothing or whatever -- outside of fire in this case, I guess):

I would very much worry about people using Earth. Shift too much and it will unknowingly cause an earthquake (which you may be able to stop) or cause the city to fall because of how you shifted things.

You won't screw everyone with Air by redirecting some to somewhere else.
    You won't screw everyone with Fire because... well it's not like there are fields of fire that people rely on or whatever.
    You won't screw people with Water (unless you go REALLY big scale) by redirecting some to another place.

Frankly, recklessness with this could mean Earth benders would unknowingly kill/screw a lot of people.
    If you get the fire hot enough you can burn the nitrogen in the air and cause acid rain. Fire can also cause an earthquake if you heat the ionosphere and allow it to cool rapidly so it crashes down over a fault line. With fire you can burn off all the Hydrogen in the atmosphere causing it to rain. With fire you can create a high pressure zone in the atmosphere moving the jet stream causing the eastern US to become as cold as the arctic.

Just saying...

Nah, messing with air patterns and jet streams could change the climate for the entire earth.

And actually, when China built their big new dam, the earth shifted slightly on its axis as the water level across the world stabilized. Imagine that. Humans damned up so much water that we managed to change how the earth floats through space. Monumental and worrying.

Deleted
    Air, so I could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    If you get the fire hot enough you can burn the nitrogen in the air and cause acid rain. Fire can also cause an earthquake if you heat the ionosphere and allow it to cool rapidly so it crashes down over a fault line. With fire you can burn off all the Hydrogen in the atmosphere causing it to rain. With fire you can create a high pressure zone in the atmosphere moving the jet stream causing the eastern US to become as cold as the arctic.

Just saying...
    That would be intentional, though. All the elements could be destructive as hell if they intend to. My point there was that Earth would unknowing kill a lot of people while potentially trying to help others.

You know I guess it would make sense in the context of magical elemental powers that you could create fire basically out of nothing since the energy to manipulate earth, wind or water is already apparently coming out of nothing. Ah ha so that mystery is solved!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That would be intentional, though. All the elements could be destructive as hell if they intend to. My point there was that Earth would unknowing kill a lot of people while potentially trying to help others.
    I think all elements could do that. Earth is just the safest in my opinion. Unless you try moving gigantic pieces of earth it is really safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does lightning fall?

I've always been a fan of electrokinesis. I think The Last Airbender grouped it under firebending...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The element of surprise!
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I think all elements could do that. Earth is just the safest in my opinion. Unless you try moving gigantic pieces of earth it is really safe.
    Yeah i was thinking grand scale, thus my list above where you first quoted me. Earth would just cause the most collateral, imo.