Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    We probably need to see more benefit out of the crafting professions. Unless Bio was completely overpowered compared to wha they wanted it to be.
    oh yeah theres no doubt we need some sort crew skills pass on them all, as an armormech the fact i cant make the armouring mods is a total let down since modding armour is a big part of the game, but that'll take time.

quick fixes like increasing the chance to crit on the BIS items i can make, offset with the biochem changes would mean im not hugely hampered until they do a pass. also hes mentioned more schematics.

"Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame."

the way they talk makes me beleive they arent happy with it and changes will come in time

10+ Year Old Account
    Mixed feelings about the Darkness changes, having Assassinate proc Energize is all kinds of win, as now it basically replaces Lacerate when usable, always good. Wither stacking HD is also good. But STILL no fix to DC not scaling at end game, and to add insult to injury they buff Deathfield to work on %health, in the same patch that they make the Darkness/Deathfield hybrid not viable for tanking

Please BW PPLLEEAASSEE make Dark Charge 1% total health per proc, 4.5 sec ICD with OCS returned to 300% healing and 1.5sec off the ICD. Then Tankassin's just might have the TTL of the other two tank classes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't any reason. My personal opinion is that they need to buff the crafting professions to have them be of benefit at end game. Something like passive stat boosts, or a BOP item or two (like a mod or earpiece) that are on par with BiS.
    Specific weapons only an armstech could use. Lightsaber crystals ONLY for artificers. Thing's of that nature.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived.
    Hardly a game breaking change but as far as a useful change I will find this quite noticeable in warzones where I apparently die quite often.

I hope this patch goes live soon, we are farming the rakata weapons and they are worse than the columni ones. I really hope the patch goes live next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I was looking around GTN last night, and for the life of me I couldn't come up with a reason for me to be armstech at lvl 50 and not biotech. Unlimited stims that are better than the single use ones? Armstech has Nothing BoP, or "Requires 340 Armstech" to make you want to have the skill. A few more changes to Biotech, or additions to Armstech and then they will be more in line with eachother.

Does anyone have good examples as to why, for end game, you would want to be anything other than Biotech? (and making money is not an example, as you can make plenty from biochem crafting consumables)
    Dunno too why FFS they can't just make the high end 400 crafts bind-on-pickup (well it is IIRC) AND "requires crafting crewskill lv400 to wear and keep it"...

But no, it was simplier to "nerf" biochem. I was synth before, and it just wasn't "profitable" in any way when leveling up my char (I was struggling to get enough cash for my skills for eg. in the end, when you have all orange rewards or commendations, WTF are you going to do with green crafts ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyunckel View Post
    Dunno too why FFS they can't just make the high end 400 crafts bind-on-pickup (well it is IIRC) AND "requires crafting crewskill lv400 to wear and keep it"...

But no, it was simplier to "nerf" biochem. I was synth before, and it just wasn't "profitable" in any way when leveling up my char (I was struggling to get enough cash for my skills for eg. in the end, when you have all orange rewards or commendations, WTF are you going to do with green crafts ?)

RE them into blues of course! Lol. But I feel your pain on the profitable thing. My first toon is just about always a money mule, then I work on my crafting proffs for later toons. Then I never have to worry about money.

OT; Im not sure how I feel about that deception change. khem sucks at keeping aggro or not dying as an assassin so i just about always had to run around in dark charge just to keep from dying, ill admit my gear and stuff is probably pretty crappy.. But still. Requiring surging charge for induction is kinda lame since shock deos quite a bit of our damage. =/ Not getting a healer, discounting the droid, until... hoth.. Kinda makes this a not so awesome change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Armstech has no bracers or belt.
    So they need to buff armstech, not bring biochem down to a situation which makes it the "non-optimal" profession.
    There shouldn't be an optimal profession for raiding, but as it seems now, with the biochem nerf, armormech is optimal, because it more stats than any other profession.

So assassins can no longer spec dark/decep hybrid and use "maul" as dmg because the induction nerf. Yet Deception got no buffs meaning their still WAY too squishy to play. so the only viable spec for an ass is deep darkness... neat! (Cancelled sub)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    So assassins can no longer spec dark/decep hybrid and use "maul" as dmg because the induction nerf. Yet Deception got no buffs meaning their still WAY too squishy to play. so the only viable spec for an ass is deep darkness... neat! (Cancelled sub)
    Well it was kinda expectable. You can still skip Wither and pick up Induction for the 30% crit damage on Maul. What happens is that you won't get Induction procs w/o Surging Charge active.

I sure love having Energize and Induction proc both at the same time right now, but I guess it is just too good to last. Plus it obviously doesn't work as the tooltip on Induction advertises

Basically all it comes down to is it'll take ya twice as long to get 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness.

I will still stay Darkness\Deception hybrid for PvP. Pure Deception and Madness is just too squishy to fit my taste.

Patch 1.1.2 will be releasing tomorrow. Bumping these up for continued discussion for the release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    So pretty much I can take Sprint off my bars completely. Why is it even an ability? Just to annoy players for the first 13 levels when rolling a new alt?
    The reason sprint is an ability is because it's part of the leveling reward curve. Movement speed increases are one of the more common ways that MMOs reqard leveling. You get to 14, you get sprint. You get to 25, you get your first speeder etc. If you're asking why it's not given at the start, you might as well as why you don't just have Speeder Training 3 at the start...it's all part of the reward mechanism that makes MMOs addictive.

If you're asking why it's an activated ability / aura still...it's because occasionally you do need the extra precision that comes from turning it off. Some Datacrons etc. are 10 times more difficult to do with sprint active. Some of the jumps require precision - and sprint will often make you over shoot.

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    Firstly, if you are going to ragequit every time your preffered spec get a nerf, then maybe MMOs aren't the genre for you.

Secondly, there's a reason why in WoW that although we used the first three letters of the spec name to abbreviate rogues for two of the specs (Com. and Sub) we called the Assasination spec "Mut." I feel that we really should apply the same rule to SWTOR. While my Assassin has done some pretty shady things on his way to Dark V, I still don't want to abbreviate his class the way you have here XD

'Diversion: This ability can no longer be used on Operation Boss enemies.'

WHY? I think it was a pretty neat idea to give 'tank' cooldowns to dps.

On an offnote I think www.forcetemor.com is a great site, in layout, design, theme, appeal. I'd be happy to use it if more people did >.<
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, I'm still waiting for them to fix the bug in Huttball where a Vanguard can grapple a ball carrier up to their spawn and instantly kill them.

*falls to his knees, crying with joy*
    As far as I can tell, it isn't a bug. That area does not have the deserter debuff apply when you remain inactive. And apparently, people have made posts about it on the PvP forums on the ToR site, and BioWare has stated that this kind of behavior is allowed. I agree that it is completely cheap. And I agree that it shouldn't be allowed. Some dude was trash talking to me (on my healer) because he had more medals than me when I called him out on it.

Nevermind that you instantly get 3-4 medals the first person you do this to. Solo medal, doing over 5k in 1 hit, killing blow medal, and I think there is an over 10k medal as well.

Edit - What people are saying is to intentionally throw the ball to the person doing this glitch ass crap. Since they are in an area that does not tolerate the ball being present, they will instantly die and the ball will be given back to you since you technically were the person that killed them.

Edit 2 - Link to SW:ToR ticket response. 5th post down on that page.
    Last edited by Muya; 2012-02-07 at 06:25 AM.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

Hmmm, I'm still waiting for them to fix the bug in Huttball where a Vanguard can grapple a ball carrier up to their spawn and instantly kill them.

*falls to his knees, crying with joy*
    That is not a bug nor is it an exploit. Any player that enters an opposing players spawn is instantly killed. That's how the game works and it has been stated by BW that it is neither a bug nor an exploit.
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Muya View Post
    As far as I can tell, it isn't a bug. That area does not have the deserter debuff apply when you remain inactive. And apparently, people have made posts about it on the PvP forums on the ToR site, and BioWare has stated that this kind of behavior is allowed. I agree that it is completely cheap. And I agree that it shouldn't be allowed. Some dude was trash talking to me (on my healer) because he had more medals than me when I called him out on it.

Nevermind that you instantly get 3-4 medals the first person you do this to. Solo medal, doing over 5k in 1 hit, killing blow medal, and I think there is an over 10k medal as well.

Edit - What people are saying is to intentionally throw the ball to the person doing this glitch ass crap. Since they are in an area that does not tolerate the ball being present, they will instantly die and the ball will be given back to you since you technically were the person that killed them.

Edit 2 - Link to SW:ToR ticket response. 5th post down on that page.
    Nah there's no over 10k medal but I do agree it's dumb that Bioware allows this. There should be a wall that stops you from getting pulled up there. There is no skill in waiting up there and 1 shotting anyone who comes close to you.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Why deal with knight/warrior dot damage when in pvp it is the burst that is out of control. The only thing that is ridiculous about the DoT is that when it ticks it prevents you from capping turrets.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I have been praying for that sprint change since day 1. Very happy about that. The combat responsiveness fixes will also be nice, especially for my Juggernaut and Operative. Are the pvp commendation changes happening this patch though? I noticed the line about Battlemaster Gear Bags containing more commendations, but nothing about Champion Gear Bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I have been praying for that sprint change since day 1. Very happy about that. The combat responsiveness fixes will also be nice, especially for my Juggernaut and Operative. Are the pvp commendation changes happening this patch though? I noticed the line about Battlemaster Gear Bags containing more commendations, but nothing about Champion Gear Bags.
    Actually it's the opposite. BM bags are getting more Champ comms but the BM comms still the same...

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.