Poll: What's your favorite Nintendo franchise?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pokemon isn't really a Nintendo franchise, is it? Nintendo just is the platform they use for games.
    Pokemon is made by Game Freak, but Game Freak makes games exclusively for Nintendo. I believe they're owned by Nintendo.

Actually, I think quite a few of the big Nintendo franchises are made by other companies like Retro Studios or HAL Laboratory, but they're all published by Nintendo, made exclusively for Nintendo, and probably owned by Nintendo.

Mario.

I grew up with all of the games and when Mario 64 was released, I thought it was the most futuristic thing ever!

Quote Originally Posted by HeltrSkeltr View Post
    I grew up with all of the games and when Mario 64 was released, I thought it was the most futuristic thing ever!
    Oh yes! I remember playing a demo of Mario at a game store and thinking how great the graphics were. :P

I would have to say Mario and Zelda because I have the most nostalgia over those two; plus Super Mario Bros. was the first game I played on the first game system I had (NES ftw).

Would have to say Metroid, Zelda then Mario. In particular, I have played Super Metroid easily over 100 times throughout my life and it never gets old! I can easily maneuver the entire game just in my head lol.
    Last edited by Deadheadz; 2012-02-03 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Why the hell do you speak in 3rd person? I see you around on here all the time...You having a small group of followers I think has finally pushed you off the deep end or something.

Redrumpanda grew up on Super Mario. The very first game he has ever played was Super Mario World, and Iggy was the first boss he has ever beaten. He has received the least amount of disappointment from that series, much less than other's he has played. He enjoys the lore, loves the characters, absolutely adores the music, and can lose himself quickly in each of the games.

See what I mean? Shit gets creepy man...
    Sometimes I like to cut myself while looking at pictures of Skelington so that he can drink my lifefluid.

OT: Metroid.

10+ Year Old Account
    mario, mario kart is probably the most fun ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Why the hell do you speak in 3rd person? I see you around on here all the time...You having a small group of followers I think has finally pushed you off the deep end or something.
    It's his thing. One of those personal things that makes you into you.
    Obviously everyone can't like everything about everybody, so yeah. There you go.

On-topic: I have to say Super Mario. Honestly, it's EXTREMELY tied between Mario and Pokémon, since I grew up on both, but I've always been an extreme fan of Mario. I think I had like 15-20 games on the N64 and about half of those were Mario.

Pokémon comes in at a close second. I've had tons of fun with the series, and still do.

I do like most Nintendo franchises though. I'm just an all-around guy when it comes to gaming. My only dislikes being PvP/FPS games like Call of Duty/Battlefield, Super Smash Bros., Tekken (thought those aren't strictly Nintendo), reason being that I am an EXTREMELY bad loser. I always try to hold my own cheek, but seriously, sometimes it just boils over. Luckily I'm not the violent type, more the vocal type. And it doesn't last long before I regret it. :P

So yeah, favorites are Mario and Pokémon, still like most of them a lot.

Absolutely it's Zelda. The original game was what got me into RPG's and away from arcade style games. I can remember when I first got Zelda and died the max 255 times before getting even halfway through it. I actually hated the game at first. I was a Donkey Kong, Missile Command addict before that and a game that didn't have a high score to shoot for was a complete new thing. Over about 6 months , I grew to love the game and still will go back and play it on an emulator from time to time. My favorite game in the series is A Link to the Past.

Mario was okay but I still have never beaten any of the games featuring him as the main character so I would have to say that my second favorite series is Metroid. I'd love to say Final Fantasy but I'm still mad they left Nintendo and went to Sony.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the ones listed: Pokemon. Born in '91, so I was JUST the right age when the hype hit Norway. And yes, Kopervik Elementary banned the cards, due to fights breaking out over stealing/"accidental" ruining and general envy. I remember being slapped for having a shiny Raichu ^^ I still buy the new games whenever a new generation comes, I still watch movies(mostly for lulz), and some friends and I are talking about starting a Pokemon TCG-circle.

/target Pokemon
    /kneel
    /salute
    As a gamer, though, my favourite Nintendo franchise will always be Mana. I was twelve years old, gameboy out of power, all books read etc. when I jumped on my brother's computer and opened the thing I'd noticed him using to get Super Mario Bros.3 (snes9xw.exe). Scrolled down the list of games, and picked the first I couldn't pronounce (Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2). The music, the "Choose three characters from these six", the game in general simply blew my mind. When I did my first class change, an everlasting love for the franchise was born.

<3

EDIT: Dch48, the handheld Final Fantasy-games (Nintendo-exclusive ) are actually good enough to make me personally forgive them.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2012-02-03 at 05:29 AM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Sometimes I like to cut myself while looking at pictures of Skelington so that he can drink my lifefluid.

OT: Metroid.
    More life fluid for the master.

I think we're talking about Nintendo produced games, yes Pokemon isn't technically, but people usually tend to think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    As to whether Pokemon is a Nintendo product or not, Wikipedia claims it is. I know Wikipedia isn't exactly well-known for accuracy, so I'm currently googling around for more reliable sources.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Zelda, nothing comes remotely close to story and gameplay. Mario is 2nd for retro epicness.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Even though I am 22 I still get the urge to buy every new pokemon game that comes out. Nintendo trained me well as a child.

I voted Zelda. Metroid and Pokemon come in a close second behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at panda... leave Skellington be (I find it amusing).

OT: Banjo-kazooie and Banjo-tooie! I loved those games sooo much; it's such a shame there weren't more. Also loved Conker's Bad Fur Day, though it wasn't (sadly) a series of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon is about as Nintendo as it can be. The pokemon are considered 1st party players in the Smash Bros. games and to this point, I don't think there's been a single pokemon game released for something that wasn't Nintendo, could be wrong there though.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I chose Zelda, mainly because each game has at least one thing which is better than the rest of the games in the franchise. Skyward Sword has the best cinematics and combat, whilst Wind Waker has the best story and trading sequence. Even the CD-i games have the fact that the most memes have come out of them, mah boy.

Metroid comes in at a close second, though. I really like metroidvanias, especially Metroid and Castlevania games. It doesn't hurt that Metroid Prime, the only Metroid game that really broke away from that, was executed in an almost perfect manner.

Squadala!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only correct answer is Zelda with pokemon as a close 2nd. The rest are good franchises, but those two are just on a different level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by yeast View Post
    I chose Zelda, mainly because each game has at least one thing which is better than the rest of the games in the franchise. Skyward Sword has the best cinematics and combat, whilst Wind Waker has the best story and trading sequence. Even the CD-i games have the fact that the most memes have come out of them, mah boy.

Squadala!
    Noo! They never existed, don't acknowledge the unacknowledgable!

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    EDIT: Dch48, the handheld Final Fantasy-games (Nintendo-exclusive ) are actually good enough to make me personally forgive them.
    Since I have never played any handheld games or owned any handheld console, I have no knowledge of those.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD