I'm just saying there is no unbiased point there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why he said "or as close to one as I can achieve". He didn't make the claim that he is unbiased, just that he is trying to be as unbiased as he can get.

Deleted
    The ad was pretty bland, except the part where he says that "we shouldn't measure compassion by how many people are on welfare..." which will probably resonate with some independents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm just saying there is no unbiased point there.
    Forgot, for a moment, what he is saying in that ad. Just pretend he's talking about why purple is better than orange. Look at how he is saying it. His tone draws attention without being aggressive. His speaking speed is spot-on. The camera angles were chosen well, and the lighting is perfect. Best of all, his sentence structure is very easy on the ears.

Being a Republican doesn't mean I have to like Romney. But as somebody who enjoys the arts of speech and broadcasting, I feel like this was a very high-quality commercial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    But as somebody who enjoys the arts of speech and broadcasting, I feel like this was a very high-quality commercial.
    "Time for a choosing". Doesn't get better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    "Time for a choosing". Doesn't get better than that.
    If you want to get technical, that's not grammatically incorrect. It's an unusual choice of words, for sure, but there's nothing wrong with it. "Choice" probably would have been a better choice though, I'll agree there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    If you want to get technical, that's not grammatically incorrect. It's an unusual choice of words, for sure, but there's nothing wrong with it. Choice probably would have been a better choice though, I'll agree there.
    "A time for choosing", whatever My point was that I find it to be one of the best speeches I've heard even though the message is outdated.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A time for choosing", whatever My point was that I find it to be one of the best speeches I've heard even though the message is outdated.
    Oh wow, I completely misunderstood what you were saying there. I'm sorry, I was a bit off the mark on that >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was that I find it to be one of the best speeches I've heard even though the message is outdated.
    How does it rank on your orating scale? Is Romney as good as Hitler in this speach?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    How does it rank on your orating scale? Is Romney as good as Hitler in this speach?
    You just had to poke it, didn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    This is a great article. Mike Rowe is very cool.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mike...bs-discussion/
    Former Opra singer and TV host promoting jobs that others don't want to do. It's an interesting message of education and training, not being necessary for jobs that people don't want to do.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    You just had to poke it, didn't you?
    Poke what? He is just going to respond saying that Romney is like Hitler in this speech. That's the outcome I would expect, other than not responding or saying Romney isn't as good as Hitler in this speech. I'm just an innocent lamb... Baaaa!!!

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 12:30 AM ----------

Does the hipocrasy of having a show called 'Dirty Jobs' and being against negative connotations of these jobs, strike anyone as odd? We can start removing the connotation, if we didn't call these jobs dirty. I liked the message more from Joe the plumber, than a former Opra singer.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Do you have a point to make Merkava, or are you just going to harp on a discrepancy between intention and lolinternational law to make Obama/liberals look "stupid"?

Semantics nitpicking is at an equivalent debate level to "yeah but do you not not dislike this? HA I FOOLED YOU WITH MY DOUBLE NEGATIVES AND YOU SAID NO WHICH MEANS YES BECAUSE OF THE DOUBLE NEGATIVES HAHA"
    If you can present me with a coherent question I'd be happy to answer it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    If you can present me with a coherent question I'd be happy to answer it.
    I wasn't aware Do you have a point to make Merkava, or are you just going to harp on a discrepancy between intention and lolinternational law to make Obama/liberals look "stupid"? was incoherent. Would you care to point out at which point in the sentence you lost the ability to comprehend it so I can make it clearer?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    I wasn't aware Do you have a point to make Merkava, or are you just going to harp on a discrepancy between intention and lolinternational law to make Obama/liberals look "stupid"? was incoherent. Would you care to point out at which point in the sentence you lost the ability to comprehend it so I can make it clearer?
    In my second post on this subject, I said this
    Ptwonline appears to be making the case that this one quote disqualifies Romney on foreign policy issues. My point is that the current president goes on TV and says we're not allies with Egypt. I would hope most thinking people would measure that as much more worrisome.
    You could have easily gone back and found that, but evidently chose not to. So I'm left with either thinking that you're too lazy to go back and read the thread, or you just intended to provoke me, or some combination of the two.

In my second post on this subject, I said this You could have easily gone back and found that, but evidently chose not to. So I'm left with either thinking that you're too lazy to go back and read the thread, or you just intended to provoke me, or some combination of the two.
    Except he didn't say we're not allies with Egypt. Unless you cut out the second half of the sentence.

I thought we had this conversation last night? It's pretty impossible to interpret what he said as anything but "We don't know. Egypt has a new government."

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

splitting hairs over semantics is pretty much merkavas whole modus operandi.
    Ptwonline appears to be making the case that this one quote disqualifies Romney on foreign policy issues. My point is that the current president goes on TV and says we're not allies with Egypt. I would hope most thinking people would measure that as much more worrisome.
    the government we were allies with is no longer in power. we didnt make an alliance with geography.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    splitting hairs over semantics is pretty much merkavas whole modus operandi.
    the government we were allies with is no longer in power. we didnt make an alliance with geography.
    That's the best you got? Semantics? Did you see the state department briefing? Foreign alliances and treaties are fairly important things and are not usually deconstructed into semantics.

That's the best you got? Semantics? Did you see the state department briefing? Foreign alliances and treaties are fairly important things and are not usually deconstructed into semantics.
    It's pretty hard to say you're allies with someone when you haven't really seen what the new ruler has done yet.

And yet here you are, arguing semantics. Just like last night, just like a week ago or whenever the interview first happened.

In other news, I have a banner at the top of MMO-Champ saying 'Obamas Higher Taxes Are Hurting Small Businesses', and I cant help but wonder which taxes Obama increased? It bothers me that ads like that do not have to be truthful at all.