10+ Year Old Account
    Right. Not to mention that there has been more discussion on actual political topics, even if they don't relate directly to the race, than there has been about goofs made by Republican candidates.

Romney taking a mill or two form Barclays, even tho they are in full scandal mode speaks well for him.
    Look at that something about England and Romney that is not just about him being a douche! Oh wait....

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    What bubble do you live in? bachman, palin, west these people spout off these ideas on faux news everday. Hell bachman is on a witch hunt for muslims this week.
    Next week I hear she will be looking for the Gay guys who used Voodoo on the chik fil a PR guy. For real tho, talk about timing on that one.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-07-28 at 06:21 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    There is a reason why the democratic discussion thread is 500 pages behind this one.

That reason is that this thread is full of people insulting republicans.
    Clearly has nothing to do with there having been an actual Republican Primary and a candidate field to discuss for about 5 months before the Obama Campaign kicked into gear or anything like that.

No, it must be the angry democrats hating
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

There is a reason why the democratic discussion thread is 500 pages behind this one.

Im curious if you actually believe that yourself...

15+ Year Old Account

Well considering that that is all the Democrat thread is full of also it probably more correlates to the fact that the vast majority of people who use this website, aka the younger generation, identify with Democrats, you know the group looking out for people in their age and income brackets, while the elderly and the rich identify more with Republicans, aka the group that is usually the most religious and would rather support their ultra rich buddies with tax breaks than the majority of Americans. If these two threads were on a different website where the traffic was more orientated towards the standard Republicans the situation would be flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well considering that that is all the Democrat thread is full of also it probably more correlates to the fact that the vast majority of people who use this website, aka the younger generation, identify with Democrats, you know the group looking out for people in their age and income brackets, while the elderly and the rich identify more with Republicans, aka the group that is usually the most religious and would rather support their ultra rich buddies with tax breaks than the majority of Americans. If these two threads were on a different website where the traffic was more orientated towards the standard Republicans the situation would be flipped.
    Democrats look out for the younger generation? I'm neither elderly nor rich and I'm a registered Republican. What has Obama done for me that would make me vote Democrat? Send my generation off to die in yet another meaningless war? Attempt to take away my 2nd ammendment? Assist with shipping jobs overseas? What has either party done for this younger generation that would make us want to vote for them? All I see are politians that care more about lining their pocket than their own damn country. And I should run out to vote for Romney that is so disconnected from the average American that he's going to sit up there on his soap box and defend his in house car elevator? I think not.

I'll either write in Ron Paul or vote Gary Johnson. Either is a better choice over Obamney.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait until Barry tells the Olympians you didn't earn that, someone else helped you get there.
    Milk that cow for all its worth baby!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...t-build-truth/

Inb4 politifact is biased brah. Both of em lie for political gain. Doesn't mean we have to stoop to their level. Hey look I'm being reasonable.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...n-rape-incest/

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    Attempt to take away my 2nd ammendment?
    I don't understand why people still believe this. Obama EXPANDED gun owner rights. Not reduced.

He signed a bill that allow gun owners to carry concealed in National Parks. That's it.

Nixon, Reagan, and Bush 1 were much harder on gun control and yet Obama gets all the criticism. It really highlights the problem with how polarized and decisive the political climate is these days.
    Last edited by Deadvolcanoes; 2012-07-28 at 02:26 PM.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Anyone who disagrees with me is a democrat!
    Someone attacks every Republican ideal, defends every Democrat talking point and by their own admission has never voted for a Republican, only Democrats...clearly we should assume they're independent!
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Also we are European

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Someone attacks every Republican ideal, defends every Democrat talking point and by their own admission has never voted for a Republican, only Democrats...clearly we should assume they're independent!
    That one fits me doesnt it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Also we are European
    From what I can gather, I think there are two European people posting in these threads, one who leans more Democratic, one leans more Republican. You cancel each other out.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Democrats look out for the younger generation?
    As a general rule, yes. They promote more investment in infrastructure, technology, and social aid rather than providing tax cuts for the extremely wealthy.

What has Obama done for me that would make me vote Democrat?
    See above.

Send my generation off to die in yet another meaningless war?
    As near as I can tell, he brought one war to a close and is attempting to finish another one that he didn't start.

Attempt to take away my 2nd ammendment?
    This hasn't happened.

Assist with shipping jobs overseas?
    This seems like an incoherent accusation.

I'll either write in Ron Paul or vote Gary Johnson. Either is a better choice over Obamney.
    If you're not utterly disgusted by libertarianism, I suppose that's potentially true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Im curious if you actually believe that yourself...
    You merely have to read the thread.

It's mostly republican haters attacking republicans.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

There actually are a fair number of people that fit this description, from various far-left positions in the United States or the left-party of anything other country.

Attacking Republican ideals... shit, that part's just common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's based on your assumption of what a democrat and republican ideals are and the need to divide people into groups. I've voted 3 times, those featured Republicans named Bush twice and Palin. I'm sorry, but my votes had nothing to do with Bushes or Palin's ideals, but the words that came out of their mouths. I would have voted for McCain that ran against Bush in the primaries 14 years ago, if he ran 4 years ago, but McCain's rhetoric changed while remaining a republican, but mine didn't...

I really wish you could tell every person who votes and is in their early 30s or younger, that to represent republican values, they had to vote for a ticket that either featured Bush or Palin... I bet if that was the rhetoric, the numbers would be very different. Remember to vote for Reagan, you are around or over 50 years old...

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 03:32 PM ----------

Democrats look out for the younger generation? I'm neither elderly nor rich and I'm a registered Republican.
    Those that I consider young, only had choices to vote for a ticket with either Palin or Bush. I think that might be why young people lean more democrat right now...

What has Obama done for me that would make me vote Democrat?
    Let's see...

Send my generation off to die in yet another meaningless war? Attempt to take away my 2nd ammendment? Assist with shipping jobs overseas?
    A republican started both war, a democrat ended major operations in one and set a date for ending the other. Current Democrat has lowered gun control, more than even the republican ideal of Reagan. The jobs going over seas, or outsourcing, did not become a big deal until a republican came into office with his mighty deragulating. I guess, that's why...

What has either party done for this younger generation that would make us want to vote for them? All I see are politians that care more about lining their pocket than their own damn country. And I should run out to vote for Romney that is so disconnected from the average American that he's going to sit up there on his soap box and defend his in house car elevator? I think not.
    Yet, you are still a registered republican, with no clue why you would vote democrat. Why would you register as one or the other? I think both are crap, but I'm not registered as either...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As a general rule, yes. They promote more investment in infrastructure, technology, and social aid rather than providing tax cuts for the extremely wealthy.

See above.

As near as I can tell, he brought one war to a close and is attempting to finish another one that he didn't start.

This hasn't happened.

This seems like an incoherent accusation.

If you're not utterly disgusted by libertarianism, I suppose that's potentially true.
    Disgusted by libertarianism?! We spent our first 150 years as a libertarian nation. Neutral in outside conflicts, expanding in wealth and power. We even abolished slavery AS A LIBERTARIAN NATION. Libertarianism is not the same as anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Disgusted by libertarianism?! We spent our first 150 years as a libertarian nation. Neutral in outside conflicts, expanding in wealth and power. We even abolished slavery AS A LIBERTARIAN NATION. Libertarianism is not the same as anarchy.
    I'm sure you actually believe this and everything, but it ain't so. The people with what we'd consider a libertarian mindset in modern parlance were the ones advocating "states rights" bullshit that continued slavery far longer than it ever should have. Slavery wasn't eradicated by markets, it was eradicated by federal force.

10+ Year Old Account
    These two points are hilarious.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There actually are a fair number of people that fit this description, from various far-left positions in the United States or the left-party of anything other country.

Attacking Republican ideals... shit, that part's just common sense.
    We really should make a distinction between de facto republicans/democrats and actual independents.

A communist party member can call himself an independent, but in reality, he is about as independent as an infant.

From what I can gather, I think there are two European people posting in these threads, one who leans more Democratic, one leans more Republican. You cancel each other out.
    I believe Diurdi is libertarian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It's seldom you hear people calling liberterianism disgusting, unless they're hardcore social conservatives. Usually they just say it doesn't work because people are evil and we need more regulation than what libertarians propose.