Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    ?
    The syntax confuses me here. I'm not sure what you're trying to get across.[COLOR="red"]
    Logic identifier, you where trying to draw parallels between McCain and Obama, no?

Obama
    American Mom - True
    American Dad - False

McCain
    American Mom - True
    American Dad - True

That is without bringing in race or military histories, both where born on "sovereign" American soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I'm actually kind of surprised that you needed to post this.
    I have controversial opinions sometimes. Some people who don't like these opinions think I shouldn't post them because I'm a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Those people that don't like those opinions should shut the fuck up about someone else not being allowed an opinion.

I'm just saying.
    Haha! I wouldn't go that far, but I think it's unfair to cut me off at the knees just because I'm a moderator. So people can just share their concerns with Bibi or Sunshine. And they aren't going to just pass them off. If I'm crossing some kind of line, they will let me know.

EDIT - I swear, the last 2 times Dacien's been called out on "omg mod's should haven't this opinion" were laughable. You'd think he was throwing racist insults and threatening to kill people. Well, now that I think about it, Dacien's avatar could be taken as "aggressive".
    I know what the rules are, and I follow them. Just like any other user. Therefore, I post like any other user.

Thanks for the support, Chonogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    After vetoing the gay marrige bill in NJ he would be an attractive running mate for someone like Romney trying to grab the extreme right wing.
    Actually, Chris Christie left that bill in the hands of the New Jersey population. He has asked for a referendum to be placed on the November ballot for the voters to decide on. Personally, I thoroughly stand behind that viewpoint. Another politician that's allowing the people to decide what they want in this thing we call a "democracy". I've been a big fan of Christie's for a long time now. His crackdown on New Jersey political corruption was classic. But I'd prefer he stay in New Jersey and fix the damage that has been done, by people like Jon Corzine, over the past however many years. If he can fix the problems there, he deserves a shot in '16 should Obama win again in '12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah, thank you.

Those 58% use contraception in part for non-contraceptive uses. This means they're using them to prevent pregnancy along with, say, menstrual pain. So you could say that 86% of contraception users use them in part for pregnancy prevention.

I'm playing devils advocate here, because I really haven't determined my position yet, but I understand the position of many on the right who frown on forcing health care companies to provide for personal irresponsibility when it comes to sex. And if 86% of all contraceptive users are using contraception, at least in part, to prevent pregnancy, then the case can made that the carriers would be forced to provide for sex without responsibility.

Edit: Anyone that wants to post to say that I'm spouting bullshit, or that I'm being divisive, save the post. PM Sunshine or Boubouille if you have concerns about my posts. Alternatively, you can report my post.
    Wouldn't it be in the insurance company's best interest to see that the women on their plans not get pregnant, seeing as it would likely cost them more to help cover all that is needed with pregnancy rather than just providing contraception? Seems to me it would help these companies seeing as a company should always be about its bottom line, no?

edit: Also, I read a lot of the political threads on this forum, and I've never thought youve gone over the line at all. I think you contribute a great deal to the discussions in said threads.
    Last edited by Willeonge; 2012-03-04 at 03:48 AM.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Wouldn't it be in the insurance company's best interest to see that the women on their plans not get pregnant, seeing as it would likely cost them more to help cover all that is needed with pregnancy rather than just providing contraception? Seems to me it would help these companies seeing as a company should always be about its bottom line, no?
    I think that the argument coming from the right is that if a woman wants to have sex and be protected, let her buy her own protection. I'm not defending it, I'm just telling you what they're arguing. The health insurance companies, well I don't know why they might oppose it. Your logic seems sound to me.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Actually, Chris Christie left that bill in the hands of the New Jersey population. He has asked for a referendum to be placed on the November ballot for the voters to decide on. Personally, I thoroughly stand behind that viewpoint. Another politician that's allowing the people to decide what they want in this thing we call a "democracy". I've been a big fan of Christie's for a long time now. His crackdown on New Jersey political corruption was classic. But I'd prefer he stay in New Jersey and fix the damage that has been done, by people like Jon Corzine, over the past however many years. If he can fix the problems there, he deserves a shot in '16 should Obama win again in '12.
    Given that this was already addressed I will do so again. Government exists to ensure rights for all it's citizens. Leaving the majority to decide rights for the minority is not and never will be an acceptable way to govern.

I noticed that forum "avatar" seems to sometimes alter the perception of other forum members. For example, I have a hard time feeling negative towards that dude with crossbow, despite the fact that he seems to be a republican.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Health insurance companies aren't opposing it. It's why some states in the country are doing the exact same thing that politicians in Washington are arguing against.

It's that employers feel that since they pay for it, they can decide what coverage their employees need, which is bullshit. If they don't like what they're paying for, make the employee pay it, or stop providing it.
    and there lies the problem!! that's not legal! employers are required to provide a basic level of health insurance in pretty much every state.. and since health insurance is so heavily regulated.. it's nearly impossible to get a health insurance plan as an individual..

as it stands.. with the exception of certain religious institutions.. almost all health insurance plans cover birth control..

the only thing that will change if madam-i-have-sex-three-times-per-day-every-day gets her way is that those few religious institutions will be forced to pay for and provide something they do not agree with..

it would be like forcing a Muslim deli to sell ham.. it won't hurt anyone.. it's just wrong!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I noticed that forum "avatar" seems to sometimes alter the perception of other forum members. For example, I have a hard time feeling negative towards that dude with crossbow, despite the fact that he seems to be a republican.
    Daryl is badass. And I even kind of look like him lol! (sorta)

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then stop paying for their insurance. It is not a requirement for an employer to pay for their employees' health insurance. My company doesn't. I pay the full premium, at a better price than as an individual.

There is no such law requiring employers to provide health insurance, either at the cost of the employee or the employer.

Employers provide this option as a perk of the job. Simple as that. They are not required to do so, but are compelled to do so by competition in their respective markets.

It's not anything like that, you're kidding yourself. No one, and I mean no one, in this country is required to provide health insurance for their employees. It is a perk of the job.

And I'm sorry, my employer has no business deciding what parts of MY health care is covered. If they don't like that I can get birth control pills covered through my insurance company, they can stop paying for it. In fact, I'd demand my company do that, if they ever tried that shit.
    you have the option to pay for the healthcare plan the corporation has signed up for.. I didn't say that the corporation had to pay the full premium.. they had to provide access to it.. and believe me you get a good deal..

and yes your corporation has the right to purchase whatever healthcare they want.. you don't have the right to work there.. you can find another job if it doesn't fit your needs

or like you said above.. try to find an insurance provider that covers your special needs..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Daryl is badass. And I even kind of look like him lol! (sorta)

One of you have a little bit more hair :P.

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    One of you have a little bit more hair :P.
    Yeah I know lol! My brother, when we were growing up, he used to make fun of me. He'd say, "Most people got a forehead. You got a fivehead!"

So, back on topic for a moment (maybe not the best idea), it seems that Romney has a big national lead (link), and yet he's getting taken out fairly badly in a number of state projections for Super Tuesday (Nate Silver's numbers here). So, what happens after Super Tuesday if that pans out as projected? Do the national numbers move?

I've been operating under the assumption that no one else has a shot, and its Romney's race, but he's really doing a terrible job finishing it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, back on topic for a moment (maybe not the best idea), it seems that Romney has a big national lead (link), and yet he's getting taken out fairly badly in a number of state projections for Super Tuesday (Nate Silver's numbers here). So, what happens after Super Tuesday if that pans out as projected? Do the national numbers move?

I've been operating under the assumption that no one else has a shot, and its Romney's race, but he's really doing a terrible job finishing it off.
    Yeah, it's Romney. The other candidates are kidding themselves. Short of something disastrous from the Romney camp, Romney is going to be the nominee.

It's all about delegate counts, and Romney will get what he needs.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

Romney currently has double the number of delegates that any other candidate has.. he won't win every single state from here on out because we have three viable candidates that will all bounce around..

in 2008 before Obama appeared out of nowhere everyone thought Clinton was going to be the nominee since the alternatives were... umm.. Joe Biden.. and ahh.. John Edwards.. even democrats didn't consider those two to be serious candidates..

in the republican lineup.. the only candidate who never stood a chance at beating Obama was Ron Paul.. Washington was the only state I figured Paul had a chance in because it's filled up with primarily tin-foil hat wearing pot heads.. (seriously.. i will put Washington hillbillies up against anything you can find in the Ozarks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    Romney currently has double the number of delegates that any other candidate has.. he won't win every single state from here on out because we have three viable candidates that will all bounce around..

in 2008 before Obama appeared out of nowhere everyone thought Clinton was going to be the nominee since the alternatives were... umm.. Joe Biden.. and ahh.. John Edwards.. even democrats didn't consider those two to be serious candidates..

in the republican lineup.. the only candidate who never stood a chance at beating Obama was Ron Paul.. Washington was the only state I figured Paul had a chance in because it's filled up with primarily tin-foil hat wearing pot heads.. (seriously.. i will put Washington hillbillies up against anything you can find in the Ozarks)
    I've heard that about Washington Republicans....haven't really encountered it though. Must be Eastern Washington mostly, I'd guess?

- King Stannis Baratheon

Washington was the only state I figured Paul had a chance in because it's filled up with primarily tin-foil hat wearing pot heads.. (seriously.. i will put Washington hillbillies up against anything you can find in the Ozarks
    Don't know much about the state.

Not a single employer, in any state in this country, is required to provide access to health insurance for its employees. It is strictly optional.
    I think there are a few states that require companies is some super high risk businesses provide care but don't quote me on it.

Anyway, birth control is a medical service, why should its access be between anyone other than a doctor and the patient? Insurers and employers should have no right to determine what legitimate medical procedures they will cover if they choose to offer insurance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Insurers and employers should have no right to determine what legitimate medical procedures they will cover if they choose to offer insurance.
    That's not how insurance works. The issuer of the insurance decides for what it applies. The customer then decides if they want purchase it or not.

Health insurance does not have to cover everything health related, and it is actually better if you pay out of pocket for low-cost regular procedures.

That's not how insurance works. The issuer of the insurance decides for what it applies. The customer then decides if they want purchase it or not.
    And I'm telling you that's bullshit. If you want to offer medical coverage then you need to operate at a certain level, you need to provide basic services, and you don't get much more basic than birth control. Unwanted and unplanned pregnancy places a huge cost on the government and economy, there's no reason in a country this wealthy that anyone should not have access.

Health insurance does not have to cover everything health related, and it is actually better if you pay out of pocket for low-cost regular procedures.
    Birth control is not a low-cost procedure.