"Your statement about the GOP at the federal level is wrong because of this one event at the state level by the Dems."

Flawless reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "Your statement about the GOP at the federal level is wrong because of this one event at the state level by the Dems."

Flawless reasoning.
    I don't get to fall back on selective perfection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    "Do Nothing" is far closer to what they're selling than "Go along with the Big O."

I also chuckle when people throw around the "party of no" BS... Where were these people when the Wisconsin state Dems were fleeing the state to avoid being present for a vote? But hey, they were fucking patriots, right? I mean, they only countermanded the will of the people as expressed by their elected representatives.

Maybe if we get lucky, Obama can get re-elected, and he can get a Congressional minority to vote him emergency powers so that he can fix all the stuff that's wrong.

Sounds like a good idea, no?
    It's in the rules, right? That makes it okay when the Republicans do dumb shit- Should be the same for the Dems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I don't get to fall back on selective perfection.
    Just awful reasoning apparently.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    It's in the rules, right? That makes it okay when the Republicans do dumb shit- Should be the same for the Dems.
    No Stanton, you see the federal GOP blocking everything they can all the time forever is ok because this one time the Democrats in Wisconsin used a legislative rule to block a bill for a little while.

Just awful reasoning apparently.

---------- Post added 2012-05-18 at 06:59 PM ----------

No Stanton, you see the federal GOP blocking everything they can all the time forever is ok because this one time the Democrats in Wisconsin used a legislative rule to block a bill for a little while.
    I love how you refer to the democrats fleeing the state to prevent a vote as a "legislative rule", it's as amusing as your stream of insulting people.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I love how you refer to the democrats fleeing the state to prevent a vote as a "legislative rule", it's as amusing as your stream of insulting people.
    I really wish people here spent as much effort on their arguments as they do on whining about me.

I really wish people here spent as much effort on their arguments as they do on whining about me.
    Who whines about you? Anyone that can read can plainly see that anyone that isn't a neo pinko commie get's derided by you.

But what part of you calling the democrats fleeing the state to prevent a vote a "legislative rule" misses the mark exactly?

You need a quorum to pass a law. You might call it a legislative rule. The Democrats denied them a quorum.

This is stupid.

For that, to you, they are heroes.

Republicans do it and they are nazi obstructionists.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    For that, to you, they are heroes.

Republicans do it and they are nazi obstructionists.
    /facepalm.

I have said on multiple occasions that I don't mind minority efforts to use the legislative tools they have to block laws so long as A) they're matters of principle and B) not constant.

The GOP in the federal government fulfills neither requirement. The Democrats in Wisconsin did. Pretty simple.

It's not name calling if you don't directly call them a name is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I've disagreed with Wells before.

I didn't resort to name-calling to do it.
    I've seen name calling go both ways. I've also seen someone that for the most part, refuses to play by the rules he attempts to set.

If you site a source that could be/is biased, you get called out. If he does it, you shouldn't attack the messenger.

If he were to cite a Nazi sympathizer, it would be the one truth the gentle sir had ever uttered. I mean, you don't have to agree with everything someone says to see the truth in something they say.

If there are two sides to a discussion, he is the third side.

Of anyone I've ever seen on the boards, I've only ever seen one person never seems to ever change an opinion or expand on a previously held belief. It's almost maddening.

No offense meant, btw, Wells. I have often learned things or adjusted my outlook based on things you've presented. It's just a very frustrating experience.

Deleted
    Warning: Let's keep responses civil, on-topic and constructive, please, guys. There is no need to get personal or insult one another while having a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Obama's personality cult being fed to young vulnerable school children. Pretty sickening.

http://imgur.com/a/Liq6J
    I'm actually not too overly bothered by this. As far as I know, it's fairly typical for grade school kids to read (or have read to them) books extolling the virtues of our fearless leader, whoever it may be. For me it was reading about how great Clinton was in, what was it, 5th grade I think.

It's not like these kids can vote anyway, and they have plenty of time to grow intellectually and develop critical thinking.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-18 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Obama's personality cult being fed to young vulnerable school children. Pretty sickening.

http://imgur.com/a/Liq6J

I dare say this one is worse...

There isn't even anything that political in there.

""Obama wanted to help poor people have better lives"

oh god the scandal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm actually not too overly bothered by this. As far as I know, it's fairly typical for grade school kids to read (or have read to them) books extolling the virtues of our fearless leader, whoever it may be. For me it was reading about how great Clinton was in, what was it, 5th grade I think.

It's not like these kids can vote anyway, and they have plenty of time to grow intellectually and develop critical thinking.
    Interesting. I don't remember reading jack shit about W. CLEARLY THIS IS LIBERAL SCHOOLTEACHERS INDOCTRINATING OUR YOUNG. Call Fox News.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    <snip>
    I dare say this one is worse...
    Or this (notice classy title):

Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-05-18 at 11:03 PM.

oh god the scandal.
    I personally think its a little creepy but you seem to have a cult around every president so what do i know
    ˉ\_(o.O)_/ˉ

Deleted

oh god the scandal.
    "He recieved the award [Nobel peace prize] for helping to make the world a better and more peaceful place". Wut? Maybe it's just a cultural difference, but in our schools the only people who were praised as heroes were people who had died ages ago.