10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I've never watched Letterman, but from what I understand except for Conan, you mostly have the baby boomers and older that watch the late night talking heads.

I don't know anyone (I'm around 30) my age that watches any of them except a few that watch Conan.
    Conan can be funny; they all can from time to time.

Everyone watches Colbert and/or Stewart nowadays.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Obama is the President, are we to fault him for appearing on a comedy show. No. He is reaching out to his voters. Like he bravely did with Reddit. You think Romeny would have went online. Not in a billion years. Obama is the first President to be re-elected coming this Nov, to do this.
    I agree, complaining about Obama on a comedy show during an election is just ridiculous.

That reminds me of when John McCain and the Republicans were accusing Obama of not having any overseas experience... the moment he goes overseas and LAUDED by crowds cheering him on durring the election, John McCain and the Republicans quickly switch tactics and say "Why is he doing stuff overseas, when he should be doing things HERE!!"

Sigh...

But, then again, the Republicans house the same nutters who believe Obama wasn't USA born and fight tooth and nail to prove it, and yet these are probably the same nutters who, not just a few years prior, were DEMANDING that the restriction for being born in this country to run for President to be lifted JUST so that they can give Arnold Schwartzinegger a run at the presidency.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Conan can be funny; they all can from time to time.

Everyone watches Colbert and/or Stewart nowadays.
    I dunno. I got rid of cable a while back. Netflix + Internet > 50$ a month for basic Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I agree, complaining about Obama on a comedy show during an election is just ridiculous.

That reminds me of when John McCain and the Republicans were accusing Obama of not having any overseas experience... the moment he goes overseas and LAUDED by crowds cheering him on durring the election, John McCain and the Republicans quickly switch tactics and say "Why is he doing stuff overseas, when he should be doing things HERE!!"

Sigh...

But, then again, the Republicans house the same nutters who believe Obama wasn't USA born and fight tooth and nail to prove it, and yet these are probably the same nutters who, not just a few years prior, were DEMANDING that the restriction for being born in this country to run for President to be lifted JUST so that they can give Arnold Schwartzinegger a run at the presidency.

/facepalm
    Exactly. You know that Sarah tried to get booked by Orpah when she was running. She declined her offer until after the election. People watch programs. You can't blame a President for working his campaign and rubbing elbow's with the average voter. He has a tough time with the negative ad's repeating itself in a cycle 24/7 and the stress of all the weight from his job.

I am happy that he can kick back and hang out like one of the people. It's that connection to the average voter. The spark that Mitt Romeny could not create even if he scripted the entire event. It's like when the republican's complained about Obama going on 'State of the Union" they urged him to work with them. Lies. They didn't want Obama on TV, telling the real story.

We have gotten to a stage, where we complain about everything. Back in the Bush day's every time you complained about the war, or the President. They were quick to label you as Un-Patriotic. Then what do you call this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Arnold Schwartzinegger a run at the presidency.

/facepalm
    And lordy, I think we're all thankful that didn't happen.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I can't stand the cult of personality it creates. What is this now, his fourth or fifth appearance on late night TV since he took the office? Surely the holder of the highest office in the free world has better things to do with his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I guess I can't stand the cult of personality it creates. What is this now, his fourth or fifth appearance on late night TV since he took the office? Surely the holder of the highest office in the free world has better things to do with his time.
    I hear there's an election soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my view. I think it's beneath the president to appear on Letterman, etc. (or even worse, Reddit), but I don't know many people for whom that's a game changer in the "Who am I gonna vote for?" contest.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my view. I think it's beneath the president to appear on Letterman, etc. (or even worse, Reddit), but I don't know many people for whom that's a game changer in the "Who am I gonna vote for?" contest.
    I tend to agree that our elections shouldn't be pop-idol contests, but as long as they are, I'm okay with politicians playing the game, because really, it's not going to be a politician not playing the game who changes people's minds, it's going to be the people getting tired of it and changing their own minds.

And I wager that 4-5 appearances on talk-shows over a period of 4 years really isn't that much of a detraction from the presidential schedule.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I tend to agree that our elections shouldn't be pop-idol contests, but as long as they are, I'm okay with politicians playing the game, because really, it's not going to be a politician not playing the game who changes people's minds, it's going to be the people getting tired of it and changing their own minds.

And I wager that 4-5 appearances on talk-shows over a period of 4 years really isn't that much of a detraction from the presidential schedule.
    It's awful easy to say so in the comfort of my chair in a college dorm, but I really don't get why these people prostitute themselves for votes/big money like that.

I'd like to think that if I ever ran a campaign, I'd ignore all of the big donors/celebrities and focus on the people whose livelihoods depend on Washington's success.
    Men!

Nothing wrong with a president or would be president trying to reach out to lots of voters. Lots of people view reddit and lots of people watch Letterman.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's awful easy to say so in the comfort of my chair in a college dorm, but I really don't get why these people prostitute themselves for votes/big money like that.
    It is. Go out and actually try to get people to support you and I think you'll figure it out.

I'd like to think that if I ever ran a campaign, I'd ignore all of the big donors/celebrities and focus on the people whose livelihoods depend on Washington's success.
    Which, in our current system, would leave you in the dust.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    You mean the real moocher class?

I.e. Recipients of corporate welfare. Because the livelyhood of the big donors is dependant on Washington doing what they want.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-09-20 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    And lordy, I think we're all thankful that didn't happen.
    The day Arnold becomes president, is when Wesley Snipes dyes his hair blond and tries to escape the police team of Stallone and Sandra Bullock. As foretold in Demolition Man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see Obama has time for Letterman appearances, to meet with Jay-Z and Beyonce, and for Talk like a Pirate Day, but not time to meet with Israel to discuss Iran.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...-election.html
    To be fair, Israel doesn't want to talk about Iran, they just want the US to be their shield while they blow the crap out of Iran on suspicions and general asshattery. Obama will accomplish more by trying to have a serious discussion with Jay-Z on the state of Russia than with Israel on Iran.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    To be fair, Israel doesn't want to talk about Iran, they just want the US to be their shield while they blow the crap out of Iran on suspicions and general asshattery. Obama will accomplish more by trying to have a serious discussion with Jay-Z on the state of Russia than with Israel on Iran.
    Plus with the joint military training missions they're undertaking, really ramping up the pressure on Iran, Israel seems ready to go to war at any minute. Can't blame Obama for wanting to put that off until after the election.

I don't really know what people mean when they say a certain activity is "beneath the president". I imagine that there were people, when Teddy Roosevelt became the first President to be seen publicly riding in a car, that stated that such an activity was beneath the President.

I am going some estimates. Obama has about 7 weeks left then he's free. He has the debates on Oct 3? and another one in that same month. Assuming everything stay's frozen like it is now. I perdict an easy Obama victory. Though this is no cause to be cocky this late in the game. While the Romeny campaign, remember how each month they would boost how they were out raising Obama. Each month a new headline about how Mitt pulled in more money then Obama.

You would imagine to see his face 24/7 on TV with links online and all of the above. No fact is only a small portion of that money is to pay for his campaigning. He might have misfired when he boasted about that. People expected to see a massive wave of AD's. After all, it is nearly into the last month of the election. I think this article sums it up quite nicely. I was surprised personally to discover that more money wasn't being spent against Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/20/us...ey-states.html
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-09-20 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really know what people mean when they say a certain activity is "beneath the president". I imagine that there were people, when Teddy Roosevelt became the first President to be seen publicly riding in a car, that stated that such an activity was beneath the President.
    Obviously standards change. But reddit is a festering mass of anonymous internet jackassery.
    Men!