The issue most reasonable people are having with the entire situation regarding the consulate attacks is the "transparency administration" is neither transparent or remotely honest about it. Shifting the entire thing to Romney is weak, and it's the attempt of the media and this administration. They got caught telling lies and obfuscating everything for political purposes, and while that is to be expected it's counter to the premise of transparency that was claimed would be their way of operating.

Obama is the proverbial emperor with no clothes and once every layer of deception is lifted to reveal what's really there it's even worse as what is left is nothing but that empty chair.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

I CALL COMPLETE and utter bullshit on transparency. If anything they were too damn open. We were literally getting updates as they knew them on every news agency and television talk show out there.

Now hypocrites are bitching they did not have all the facts before they started talking. You people need to make up your minds. Do you want up-to-date reports or a Report issued a month after the incident.

Seriously what do you people expect? A extremely detailed account with video proof on day 1 in a hostile action zone? You guys act like Obama was in the situation room watching the events live from a CIA satellite or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I like reading Paglia even if I disagree with her on some things, but I found this interview particularly interesting:

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/10/cami...tering_images/
    Interesting is certainly one word to describe it.

I do not see how she is managing to get to a "totalitarian takeover of the American medical system" from her actual criticism of "expanding medical coverage to millions of people without also expanding medical training and funding new clinics and hospital".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    The issue most reasonable people are having with the entire situation regarding the consulate attacks is the "transparency administration" is neither transparent or remotely honest about it. Shifting the entire thing to Romney is weak, and it's the attempt of the media and this administration. They got caught telling lies and obfuscating everything for political purposes, and while that is to be expected it's counter to the premise of transparency that was claimed would be their way of operating.

Obama is the proverbial emperor with no clothes and once every layer of deception is lifted to reveal what's really there it's even worse as what is left is nothing but that empty chair.
    It's because of their transparency that we are able to say that they made a mistake by not recognizing that the embassy assault was a terrorist attack and not a result of the protests. If you're going to complain about the administration, complain about how Obama's handling this. He isn't the best on transparency, but that's not an issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please. That's not even close to true. Kinda like he's not the worst (or best) president ever.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Seriously what do you people expect? A extremely detailed account with video proof on day 1 in a hostile action zone? You guys act like Obama was in the situation room watching the events live from a CIA satellite or some shit.
    No we think he was attending fundraisers and telling lies about Romney and shirking his responsibilities like the rest of his administration, we don't think he actually knows what's going on and when a blip on the radar appears that threatens his reascendance ceremony he and his lawyers make up what they think will be least damaging to them.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Oh please. That's not even close to true. Kinda like he's not the worst (or best) president ever.
    I think it's become very clear this president is clueless regarding anything that isn't running on a teleprompter hidden from the camera's view.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Never got why people rage about Obama using a teleprompter when other previous presidents have certainly done so. Then again, it's Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Never got why people rage about Obama using a teleprompter when other previous presidents have certainly done so. Then again, it's Obama.
    When I saw one of his "walk thru" interviews on the side of the white house and one camera angle showed the TelePrompter being rolled ahead of him on a very candid type interview. That's probably when...

The real issue is he's this "orator" when he's reading words written by someone else.... and when he's off it he's terrible.

You aren't actually an "orator" or "sensational speaker" when you are reading 100% of what you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Bullshit Mountain. How's the view up there?

Honestly though, this is hysterical. You give the guy way too much credit.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oblivion, are you going to continue using unproven rhetoric, or are you actually going to substantiate your claims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Reminds me of Bullshit Mountain. How's the view up there?

Honestly though, this is hysterical. You give the guy way too much credit.
    I like how he messed up his own emperor with no clothes crap. He isn't just an emperor with no clothes, he is also an onion sitting on a chair.

In our latest. I cannot believe someone actually said that shit out loud

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...-election.html

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan has withdrawn his endorsement of a Wisconsin state lawmaker who has come under fire for controversial comments he made about rape.

Late last year, while discussing an alleged rape at a high school in his district, Rep. Roger Rivard told a local newspaper that his father taught him "some girls rape easy."

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    In our latest. I cannot believe someone actually said that shit out loud

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/p...-election.html
    The sad thing is that many people believe that, and I bet Paul Ryan and many conservatives do as well. The sin committed here is not the belief, but actually saying it out loud for other people to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    The sad thing is that many people believe that, and I bet Paul Ryan and many conservatives do as well. The sin committed here is not the belief, but actually saying it out loud for other people to hear.
    Do you have any ground for this assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Do you have any ground for this assumption?
    Because they knew what these politicians believed ahead of time and still endorsed them. It's only when the comments become more public and create an outcry do they disavow or distance themselves.

Look at Todd Akin. Ryan was co-sponsoring anti-abortion bills with him and listening to hiom speak on the subjuct on the House floor, so it's not like they were total strangers who happen to work in the same building.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Because they knew what these politicians believed ahead of time and still endorsed them. It's only when the comments become more public and create an outcry do they disavow or distance themselves.
    Are you saying that, because you may have voted for certain politicians in the past, you agree with all of their stances? That is, until they say something unpopular in the public eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Are you saying that, because you may have voted for certain politicians in the past, you agree with all of their stances? That is, until they say something unpopular in the public eye?
    No. But if you voted with them on specific issues on which they made their views known? And co-sponsored legislation with them on issues that touch on the one in question (in this case, abortion and how it intersects with rape because exceptions are a key issue)? And when the view is not a fringe one at all, but commonly talked about in certain circles that you are both members of? Then yes...in that case you probably have a good idea of their views and their stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    No, but the things I've disagreed with them on have rarely been on the level of "legitimate rape."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    How dumb is Stephanie Cutter? Blaming Romney and Ryan for the coverage the Benghazi attacks got. When Wasserman-Schultz stops being head of the DNC, Cutter could fill her shoes nicely.

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/26...omney-and-ryan

"We would have told the American people what we knew and, you know, in terms of the politicization of this — we're here at a debate, and I hope we get to talk about the debate — but the entire reason that this has become the, you know, political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. It's a big part of their stump speech and it's reckless and irresponsible," Cutter said during her interview with CNN.

Seems like she's just complaining about Romney and Ryan politicizing it. Which they did.