10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    17 out of 24 of Romneys advisers are from the Bush administration. Obama is going to make Romney say on national tv he plans on going to war with Iran.

Cowboy politics will lead to another middle eastern war I promise you this. If I were Iran or Syria and Romney got elected I would launch a full scale attack on Israel.

Either attack or be attacked and Iran would be stupid not to preemptively strike.
    To be honest, I expect them both to come out and say they'll go to war with Iran.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Sorry, what? I was making some granola, couldn't hear you from the kitchen.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 04:04 PM ----------

That was Clinton's tactic in 1992, iirc.
    I find it ironic that it is supposedly a womans job to be in the kitchen but most chefs are men :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I find it ironic that it is supposedly a womans job to be in the kitchen but most chefs are men :P
    Chefs run a kitchen and supervise other cooks. "A woman's job" (traditionally) is to serve the domestic needs of her husband and family, which means cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Studies have shown you can reduce the total amount of sodium in a product while maintaining flavor by using MSG. I have a bag of MSG in my cupboard. If you come to my house, I'll make you two batches of real chicken stock (ingredients: water, chicken bones, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaf). In one, I'll add x weight of NaCl (salt), in the other I'll add the same x weight of NaCL+MSG. I promise the second one is far more delicious.

Correlative studies: products that include MSG are typically junk food. Hi, Doritos! So, of course MSG is linked to obesity. Study probably also fails to look at sources of glutamate other than MSG (soy sauce, autolyzed yeast extract, etc.)

It gets a bad reputation because it's linked primarily to junk food, or cheaply produced food. That's all.
    Don't get me wrong, I use MSG myself, and understand what it can do when used appropriately.

The problem is, most don't use it appropriately. Instead of trying to work out a balance, they just throw MSG on in addition to salt or other spices, since MSG works to enhance almost any flavor.

That's where the danger is from, from abuse of it. Just like almost anything else. It's just one more source of sodium when almost everything available in America is already saturated with it.

Late reply is late, but I had school.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    To be honest, I expect them both to come out and say they'll go to war with Iran.
    Don't know, a couple of days ago there were rumblings that Iran was ready to come to the table.

Granted, it's not like they haven't walked away from said table before.

I wonder if any of them will say that a war with Iran would put an even bigger hole in the deficit. Maybe ask Romney if the cost of a war with Iran is budgeted into his strategy that "works".

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be very surprised to hear Obama support a war with Iran. The sanctions in place are working.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I mean, he can't say "we will not go to war with Iran" because that would jeopardize the talks and the progress made with sanctions. The threat of military action, no matter how down-played, has got to play at least a little role in the decisions made by the Iranian government. That isn't to say he can't say he does not support the idea of a war in the current circumstances, with Iran looking like it is playing ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Obama were smart he would take war off the table completely, unless Iran attacks first, which they won't. He would probably get a huge portion of the Ron Paul/Gary Johnson vote if he took such a bold stand.

Unfortunately, people are so fucking scared of what a nuclear Iran would look like, that he has to keep the option on the table, just to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    If Obama were smart he would take war off the table completely, unless Iran attacks first, which they won't. He would probably get a huge portion of the Ron Paul/Gary Johnson vote if he took such a bold stand.

Unfortunately, people are so fucking scared of what a nuclear Iran would look like, that he has to keep the option on the table, just to save face.
    No he wouldn't. A majority of the RP/GJ vote are kids who want to smoke weed legally and people who think less taxes = magical prosperity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No he wouldn't. A majority of the RP/GJ vote are kids who want to smoke weed legally and people who think less taxes = magical prosperity.
    And the majority of people who vote for Obama are lazy and want government handouts.

Yeah that sounded just as retarded as what you said.

"We have these things called aircraft carriers."

ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You forget their belief that the Fed is the root of our economic problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    And the majority of people who vote for Obama are lazy and want government handouts.

Yeah that sounded just as retarded as what you said.
    Show me how Paul or Johnson have any kind of platform beyond 'legalizing drugs, cutting taxes, and slashing the federal government so much that it literally crumbles'.

I'll wait.

Romney seems to be tangoing around an issue, Obama moonwalking over it.

Again, outsider opinion.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Romney seems to be tangoing around an issue, Obama moonwalking over it.

Again, outsider opinion.
    Reitterate please? No good with my dancing terms. Also not watching the debate, Cards game is on but this is a crushing disappointment so far.

Alright, finally finished watching.

Obama: had more zingers.

Romney: kept switching back to domestic issues. Somehow a question about the Navy had him talking about welfare?

Both: I was lazily keeping a tally, and I counted 9 false/misleading/stupid statements by Romney, and 7 by Obama.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Reitterate please? No good with my dancing terms. Also not watching the debate, Cards game is on but this is a crushing disappointment so far.
    Tango: always shifting position, never standing still. Being flirtatious but always keeping a distance.
    Moonwalk: I'm so sure of my position I'll dance walking backwards in a straight line

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Tango: always shifting position, never standing still. Being flirtatious but always keeping a distance.
    Moonwalk: I'm so sure of my position I'll dance walking backwards in a straight line
    Thank you so much, it's now 4:39am and I don't have the mental capacity to actually define those haha

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

15+ Year Old Account
    Foreign politics debate and no mention of the Euro Crisis? Really?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose