10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    A black guy who may be moving towards the polling place to cast his vote is different than a white guy in KKK garb trying to intimidate voters or w/e.

I imagine that most people won't know that that the 'black panther member' is a black panther member.
    Fair enough. As long as he's not standing outside the door yelling at people, then w/e

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The Panthers are at least willing to show their faces. :P
    Touche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Wait, we're calling false equivalency on that? How is a white-hating extremist group better than a black-hating extremist group?
    If you can't see how trying to say the black panthers and the KKK are identical is false, then there is no way I will convince you of it.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    If you can't see how trying to say the black panthers and the KKK are identical is false, then there is no way I will convince you of it.
    Come now, Kalyyn isn't unreasonable. I would like to know why, as my understanding of the Black Panthers is rather limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, they are not black supremacists. They are black separatists, they want a separate society away from whites. They want to have their own governing body and mores. They don't hate white people, they hate the system and the oppression of the last four centuries. Actually, I don't think there are any active "black supremacist" groups in the US.
    Just google, youtube anything about the New Black Panther party. Why do you lie?

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Unless they have no right to vote you can't really prevent him/them to vote.

And honestly unless he does something wrong he has every right to stay their hell it doesn't even seem he is protesting.

At this point you should be more worried about republicans preventing people from voting.
    What are Republicans doing to stop people from voting?

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Voter ID? It's only been in the news for months. My great-aunt will no longer be able to vote because she lacks the mobility to obtain a photo ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Voter ID? It's only been in the news for months. My great-aunt will no longer be able to vote because she lacks the mobility to obtain a photo ID.
    Never fear, I haven't voted yet. There will be one more No vote on that.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Never fear, I haven't voted yet. There will be one more No vote on that.
    I did this morning

Just google, youtube anything about the New Black Panther party. Why do you lie?

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:11 PM ----------

There are also a few stories out about Republicans intentionally giving registered Democrats the wrong voting places, or telling them they need an ID to vote when they don't need one. There are a lot of stories about this on reddit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 02:25 PM ----------

I also just voted in my first Presidential election. AMERICA!

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    [/COLOR]I also just voted in my first Presidential election. AMERICA!
    I just got back from my polling location.

My duty is done. Now I just have to watch CNN all night.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

My duty is done. Now I just have to watch CNN all night.
    Doesn't Stewart / Colbert have live coverage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    And even when the courts have overturned or delayed Voter ID laws, running ads implying it's still required, and putting unofficial "ID CHECK HERE" tables at polling places.

And reducing early voting and voting machines in Democrat-leaning districts, with the specific aim of reducing the 'urban get-out-the-vote machine', and the intended result being the exact five hour lines we've been seeing in South Florida and Cleveland, the same lines they saw in 2004. Florida apparently has a ten-page ballot this year, don't imagine that keeps things moving smoothly either.

And purging voter rolls in the run-up to the election (ostensibly to get rid of ineligible voters, but there are always many real live voters caught in the net, arguably the purpose). This might have been the difference in FL in 2000.

And restrictions on registration, including potential criminal charges (also recently overturned). And in their ground game, allegedly throwing out non-Republican registrations (the GOP had to fire their voter registration company).

I'd be embarrassed if I were a Republican who professed a love for democracy, and there are a few, but far too few.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    There are also a few stories out about Republicans intentionally giving registered Democrats the wrong voting places, or telling them they need an ID to vote when they don't need one. There are a lot of stories about this on reddit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 02:25 PM ----------

I also just voted in my first Presidential election. AMERICA!
    There are 2 investigations going on right now in Las Vegas where 2 people tried to vote for Obama twice. Also, my friend in Washoe County Nevada tried to vote early and found out someone had already voted for her. She had to wait atleast a week to get a response from someone to give her the ok to vote again but never told her who it was that voted under her name or who they voted for after she asked.

Heh Fox News is going on about the New Black Panther Party right on the top of their site. Let the hedging begin. Oh and a whole article about a partially covered mural of Obama.

No mention of this story

ST. PETERSBURG — Pinellas elections officials now say that 12,525 people were wrongly telephoned this morning with a message that they had until 7 p.m. "tomorrow" to turn in their absentee ballots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It's so hard for me to sit here and think that's a legitimate mistake....especially given just how many of these "mistakes" there have been. (Wrong date in spanish only anyone?)

But...it may very well have been just a screw-up, and they did own up to it and immediately try to fix it so that's good.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's so hard for me to sit here and think that's a legitimate mistake....especially given just how many of these "mistakes" there have been. (Wrong date in spanish only anyone?)

But...it may very well have been just a screw-up, and they did own up to it and immediately try to fix it so that's good.
    It's very likely a real screw up, but the incompetence was using the word "tomorrow" instead of an actual date for clarity.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 08:54 PM ----------

Ohio is a total mess right now because of all the shenanigans going on around provisional ballots. Do we really need to continue any argument about why elections need to be taken out of hands of POLITICIANS and put into hands of professional, independent agencies?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Do we really need to continue any argument about why elections need to be taken out of hands of POLITICIANS and put into hands of professional, independent agencies?
    You think we could agree on any such thing? We can't agree on polls or studies or newspapers or whether saying the words 'act of terror' in an address about something is calling something it an act of terror. At best, we can hope that election day concerns bring a larger concern about local and state politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    You think we could agree on any such thing? We can't agree on polls or studies or newspapers or whether saying the words 'act of terror' in an address about something is calling something it an act of terror. At best, we can hope that election day concerns bring a larger concern about local and state politics.
    All the other modern nations can do it. The US even does it with many of their gov't agencies. There is no real reason why this could not be done as well. The US election system is a complete embarassment.