Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm not saying it's fair. If you guys can get Obama to remove the shield then I'd highly recommend you do so. But I don't want a president who's going to level the playing field for Russia. I want a president who makes sure that American power is unquestionable.
    You are reasoning like a war is lurking around the corner, it's not.

War between the US and Russia is not viable and there is no country that has any interest in "opposing" the US.

I really thought, that we all as a species had by now realized that war isn't an acceptable solution to disputes.
    In Europe we have, but I suppose it's hard to understand when you never really have had a war at home base in the last 150 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Obama being more flexible, by not waiting for Pakistan approval, resulted in a dead Bin Ladin.
    That is not Obama being flexible, that is the US being the US and not giving a crap because Pakistan can't do anything.
    Last edited by mmoc6146604ebe; 2012-11-04 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'm not saying it's fair. If you guys can get Obama to remove the shield then I'd highly recommend you do so. But I don't want a president who's going to level the playing field for Russia. I want a president who makes sure that American power is unquestionable.
    Negotiations are important. History has shown that, even if nothing comes from it, nations benefit from engaging in negotiations rather than staring at each other. Obama being willing to enter negotiations is not "giving in to Russia," but instead coming to the middle ground. There is a reason why so many people outside of the US like Obama. Even if you can argue that its not so in some areas, there really is this feeling that he is a man who will come and talk with you on even terms and treat you and your nation with dignity and respect, even if his nation is more powerful.

On the other hand, Romney's view on foreign policy, especially his specific views towards my people, is one reason why I so strongly dislike him.

So tired of this stupid ass saber rattling. Was really hoping people would have gotten over this after 8 years of Bush.

Any chance obama or any democrat comes out and criticizes the unions? Probably after they vote on the 6th, but turning away help when your state needs it is baffling. Why is the governor and the mayor of New York ignoring the fact unions would not let people help unless they joined a union? This board is so liberal/democrat leaning it is ridiculous, where is the outrage? Why are none of you asking why unions can turn away help when states are in disasters? Why is obama doing nothing about it? Oh wait, he needs to jet off to Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    Any chance obama or any democrat comes out and criticizes the unions? Probably after they vote on the 6th, but turning away help when your state needs it is baffling. Why is the governor and the mayor of New York ignoring the fact unions would not let people help unless they joined a union? This board is so liberal/democrat leaning it is ridiculous, where is the outrage? Why are none of you asking why unions can turn away help when states are in disasters? Why is obama doing nothing about it? Oh wait, he needs to jet off to Vegas.
    *Citation needed*
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Yeah.

This "story" is a load of shit.

Bill Yell, spokesman for Huntsville Utilities, said nine of his employees are currently helping with recovery from Hurricane Sandy and had no union-related issues.
    Here's the thing. Modern utility systems are complicated. Workers who aren't familiar with them just make things worse. So in a few cases workers were turned away because they weren't useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread took a dark turn last night. Good to see some of us still live in the 1980's Cold War era just like Mitt Romney does where Russia is our sworn geopolitical enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama steps in and takes action: Conservatives say "Why is Obama meddling in state affairs! Leave them alone we dont need big government!"

Obama does nothing: Conservatives say "Why is Obama doing nothing about this? He needs to jet off to Vegas"

But as Wells said, the story is horseshit. I work for a utility company, and was listening to Hannity go on and on and on about this, which is probably where you are getting your information.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Why is obama doing nothing about it? Oh wait, he needs to jet off to Vegas.
    What in the actual fuck is it that a politician can do while standing in closer physical proximity to a natural disaster that they can't do via phone?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about fair and balanced. Liberal sources like Chis Christy are all praising Obama's reaction to Sandy. To be fair and balanced, fox news criticizes him, even if they have to make things up to achieve the balance.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What in the actual fuck is it that a politician can do while standing in closer physical proximity to a natural disaster that they can't do via phone?
    One of the moocher 47% in NYC mayor Bloomberg even asked Obama not to come, while supporting him in reelection, and the liberal darling Chris Christy praised Obama's effort. It's fox seeking balance, by making shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Obama has the capacity to engage in fisticuffs with a hurricane. He simply doesn't because beating down a hurricane would have looked worse for him than helping the victims. What a jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to talk about being divisive, the praise Obama is getting is across party lines. Sandy has unified independents like mayor Bloomberg, republicans like Chris Christy with a democrat Obama. It takes fox to look for a divide, even create one where it does not exist. It should be an example of the divisive rhetoric that fox is influencing.

What's next? Fox is going to dress someone like a pimp to try and get storm relief funds, to show how democrats just give money to pimps?

The one good thing that'll work out for people that really hate Obama is that they can just blame all their person failures on Obama. It's nice to know you've never personally fucked anything up, I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reaction to the storm changed my opinion on Chris Christy. I saw him as a blow hard, but in time of crisis, it seems to be exactly what people need. Two thumbs way up for Christy, much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I think the reaction to the storm changed my opinion on Chris Christy. I saw him as a blow hard, but in time of crisis, it seems to be exactly what people need. Two thumbs way up for Christy, much respect.
    I like Christie. I disagree with him about a lot, and I think he's factually wrong fairly regularly, but I don't think he's willfully bullshitting me, and I think he really is attempting to do his level best. Sure, he's blowhardy, but he's from Jersey, so I cut him some slack there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Obama has the capacity to engage in fisticuffs with a hurricane. He simply doesn't because beating down a hurricane would have looked worse for him than helping the victims. What a jerk.
    Well, because nature if feminine and because we live with the Earth it would have been a very serious case of domestic abuse, beating up one of mother nature's children and all.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

On Saturday night, Iranian MP Mohammad Hassan Asafari was misquoted by opposition websites and the Saudi-owned al-Arabiya as saying that Tehran had already stopped 20% enrichment. Asafari had only signalled in his comments to Iran's Isna news agency that Iran would be ready to temporarily stop enrichment to 20% if sanctions were lifted.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ium-enrichment

Gaurdian corrected a mistranslation. Iran offered concessions in exchange for lifting sanctions. So that more or less kills the idea that they're trying to keep Obama in office.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ium-enrichment

Gaurdian corrected a mistranslation. Iran offered concessions in exchange for lifting sanctions. So that more or less kills the idea that they're trying to keep Obama in office.
    No it doesn't. It clearly shows that sanctions are working since they are clearly willing to negotiate. Iran is totally trying to support Obama's re-election.

It vindicates Obama's strategy at this time. Kalyyn was claiming that Iran was just trying to help Obama get reelected because he's weaker than Romney. That didn't stand up to reason then but even less so now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It vindicates Obama's strategy at this time. Kalyyn was claiming that Iran was just trying to help Obama get reelected because he's weaker than Romney. That didn't stand up to reason then but even less so now.
    I think it stands up for the exact same amount of reason whether they were cutting or would cut if sanctions were reduced. None. Iran is equally concerned with Obama as they are Romney as either one of them is likely going to get us into another war if the Iranian government doesn't stand down on the nuclear ambitions.