Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Yeah I just don't get the hate. Well, with some people, I do. I live in Alabama, after all.

What really pisses me off right now is how this Libya thing is being approached. Hundreds of articles about how Obama screwed up, is covering things up, let those 4 American die, etc etc etc.

How many articles about who the terrorists are, what we're doing to find them? I haven't found a single one. A bit surprising considering that none of this would've happened if they didn't attack our consulate.

Just think of the outrage in this country if John Kerry came out the day of 9/11/01 and say this was a huge foreign diplomatic failure by Bush that got Americans killed. I guess we were all Americans back then. This country, for weeks and months, was focused on one thing. WHO DID THIS? Yes, they did come back to figure out what we did wrong, but that was months and months later, not the same damn day. It's despicable.
    Let me fill you in on how the investigation on finding and questioning the suspects linked to the attack in Benghazi, because you must only be looking for that information on Liberal web sites.

A suspect has been siting in a Tunisian jail sense shortly after the attack. the FBI has yet to question him. and its been over 6 weeks since the attack

It took 2 Republican Senators to make a few phone calls to arrange it so the FBI can question him,

Here we go again with more questions that need answers. why did it take two Republicans senators to make the phone calls to arrange the questioning? why didn't the white house do it are they not the ones who said we wont sleep tell we find the ones who did the attack?

Seams like to me only republicans are concerned about finding the attackers
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2012-11-03 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Let me fill you in on how the investigation on finding and questioning the suspects linked to the attack in Benghazi, because you must only be looking for that information on Liberal web sites.

A suspect has been siting in a Tunisian jail sense shortly after the attack. the FBI has yet to question him. and its been over 6 weeks since the attack

It took 2 Republican Senators to make a few phone calls to arrange it so the FBI can question him,

Here we go again with more questions that need answers. why did it take two Republicans senators to make the phone calls to arrange the questioning? why didn't the FBI or the white house do it are they not the ones who said we wont sleep tell we find the ones how did the attack?

It seems really suspicious that 2 republican senators wield that kind of power independently with no checks and balances.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    citation please
    you dont honestly expect one, do you?

I think a lot of you are taking that video to mean things it doesn't.

First, why don't you look at what the church teaches? Official LDS site Gospel Principles manual

That is the manual for people who teach members about different principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This chapter is about the second coming.

Anyway, look up Isaiah chapter 2: 2-3. It explains the reason why Mormons believe that the New Jerusalem (Zion) will exist along with Jerusalem.

“And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.” (Isaiah 2:2–3.)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you dont honestly expect one, do you?
    I'm a masochist.

15+ Year Old Account

Here we go again with more questions that need answers. why did it take two Republicans senators to make the phone calls to arrange the questioning? why didn't the FBI or the white house do it are they not the ones who said we wont sleep tell we find the ones how did the attack?

No it didn't take two Republican senators a "few phone calls." That is disingenuous nonsense. The US has been pushing to talk to the guy for weeks. Unfortunately, that isn't a choice that the Tunisian defense minister can make. A judge in Tunisia was the only person able to grant the FBI permission to talk to a prisoner and that judge had been waiting for more evidence from the US outside of just a picture of the suspect.

And you want to know why Graham was involved? HE IS THE RANKING MEMBER OF THE FREAKING FOREIGN AIDE COMMITTEE. It took threatening to cut off foreign aide to Tunisia for them to press the judge to give us access because we couldn't provide more evidence. And you want to know why Chambliss was involved? He is the ranking member on foreign intelligence.

Jesus Christ you Fox News nutjobs and your conspiracies about Obama not caring about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It seems really suspicious that 2 republican senators wield that kind of power independently with no checks and balances.
    Here is the story

"As you know, a Tunisian man was seen on the Consulate videotape the day of the attack. He was arrested a short time later in Turkey at their airport as he tried to pass through with false documents. The Turkish authorities turned the man over to Tunisia (not the USA for questioning) and the Tunisian government has not let our FBI interview him. The US has not explained why they could not get access to interview this man.

About 3 nights ago, Senator Lindsey Graham learned of the foregoing and was outraged that we had not interviewed this man. He got to work writing a letter and making calls.

The breaking news is that the FBI is NOW on the ground in Tunisia and will be interviewing this man. The interview will be under Tunisian supervision consistent with Tunisian sovereignty and will meet our country’s investigative needs.

For reasons (unclear) – it took a letter and follow up phone calls from US Senator Lindsey Graham to get permission for the FBI to interview him. Why the White House and the State Department and the CIA were unable to get the interview for the FBI is very odd and 2 US Senators could get the job done – perhaps they didn’t try? or if they did, they didn’t try hard enough? You can thank the two US Senators."

here is the link to the story
    http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/...uring-the-att/

A little advise to you Democrates every now and then go to some other web sites other then the Huff and Puff Post and you mught actully find out whats going on in the real world

Oh what the fuck are you getting your news from Fox's opinion shows for?

that was pretty ironic, was it not? lol

A little advise to you Democrates every now and then go to some other web sites other then the Huff and Puff Post and you mught actully find out whats going on in the real world
    I start my news reading every day with Drudge Report.

Thank you very much.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Ahahah, so a country that has no extradition treaty with the US and is an otherwise sovereign nation refuses to allow access to a prisoner under their custody for any number of reasons, certain republicans cry because people won't bend to their will and assume that everyone should always comply with every demand and democrats are accused of operating outside of reality?

Why did I even engage.... lol

15+ Year Old Account
    And here is the real story:
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-tunisian-says

The decision to accept U.S. involvement eased what threatened to become a flashpoint between two nations. Two Republican U.S. senators, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, had said denying access could damage relations and might result in an aid cutoff to the North African state, where the so-called Arab Spring democracy movement began. The two lawmakers yesterday hailed the decision to allow FBI access.

Even so, giving U.S. investigators access to question a Tunisian citizen on Tunisian soil is a sensitive issue that touches on questions of sovereignty, said Ben Abbes. “We were a bit reluctant,” he said, explaining that Tunisian leaders and the public question whether the U.S. would permit foreign investigators to interrogate an American citizen on U.S. soil.

Under the Tunisian legal system, the decision was in the hands of the investigating judge, not the government or the minister of justice, and every effort will be made “to cooperate without making any problems,” Ben Abbes said.

A photograph “is not strong enough evidence” to convict someone, Ben Abbes said, so authorities will need more than facial recognition.
    It took threatening their aide for the government to convince the suspects lawyer to back down on blocking repeated requests to talk to the suspect and the judge then gave permission. You GOP folks literally think the US owns the world and can march into any country we want, torture their prisoners, dispatch our troops anywhere anytime, don't you? The US it not the imperial overlord of the world, get it through your skulls.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 04:46 PM ----------

here is the link to the story
    http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/...uring-the-att/

Also LOFreakingL at this section of your post. Try and scold people for reading Huff Post and then linking to a Fox News opinion page. Comical. Absolutely comical.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-03 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No it didn't take two Republican senators a "few phone calls." That is disingenuous nonsense. The US has been pushing to talk to the guy for weeks. Unfortunately, that isn't a choice that the Tunisian defense minister can make. A judge in Tunisia was the only person able to grant the FBI permission to talk to a prisoner and that judge had been waiting for more evidence from the US outside of just a picture of the suspect.

And you want to know why Graham was involved? HE IS THE RANKING MEMBER OF THE FREAKING FOREIGN AIDE COMMITTEE. It took threatening to cut off foreign aide to Tunisia for them to press the judge to give us access because we couldn't provide more evidence. And you want to know why Chambliss was involved? He is the ranking member on foreign intelligence.

Jesus Christ you Fox News nutjobs and your conspiracies about Obama not caring about what happened.
    And i will ask again why did it take two Republican Senators? why didn't Obama do it? wasn't he the one who made the promises? Is it because Obama was to busy partying in Vegas with Jay-Z appearing on the View and all those late night shows or is it that two Senators have more power then the President of the United States if that is the case why is Obama even there

PS don't you get tired having to constantly defend this Amateur President

10+ Year Old Account
    And i will ask again why did it take two Republican Senators? why didn't Obama do it? wasn't he the one who made the promises? Is it because Obama was to busy partying in Vegas with Jay-Z appearing on the View and all those late night shows or is it that two Senators have more power then the President of the United States if that is the case why is Obama even there

Because it was the duty of those specific senators to make such arrangements? I bet you scream at the manager of stores for not operating the cash register for you as well. As long as the manager is a democrat.

Oh, and from a very literal viewpoint, Romney is the amateur. He has literally 0 presidential experience. Obama has four years of experience, and is therefore qualified from an experiential standpoint to run the country. Do you understand what "incumbent" means?

15+ Year Old Account
    Firstly it is IMPOSSIBLE to be an amateur having served four years as President. That just doesn't even being to make sense. You might be shocked by this, but the President of the US does not have sole control of foreign aid, he does not control every aspect of government, he does not control the government's of other countries. Graham is the ranking member of our government on foreign aid. He holds just as much power as the President, probably more, when it comes to threatening the aid pipeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Also LOFreakingL at this section of your post. Try and scold people for reading Huff Post and then linking to a Fox News opinion page. Comical. Absolutely comical.
    But Fox is Fair and Balanced! They obviously report nothing but the raw facts and truth. They wouldn't lie to him, unlike those evil distorting liberal sources, like "Business Week" who are obviously a subsidiary of the Pravda.
    Last edited by Masark; 2012-11-03 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of hypocrisy bothers me to no end. Vyxn, you can't call out people for subscribing to biased outlets like the Huffington post while you yourself quote Fox. Your argument loses any sort of credibility when you deride people for the very same actions you take.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    But Fox is Fair and Balanced! They obviously report nothing but the raw facts and truth. They wouldn't lie to him, unlike those evil distorting liberal sources, like "Business Week" who are obviously a subsidiary of the Pravda.
    Actually, you are right. Business Week is owned by Bloomberg so it is clearly a "liberal rag" so I should have found a different source if I wanted him to get the entire story correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Because it was the duty of those specific senators to make such arrangements? I bet you scream at the manager of stores for not operating the cash register for you as well. As long as the manager is a democrat.

Oh, and from a very literal viewpoint, Romney is the amateur. He has literally 0 presidential experience. Obama has four years of experience, and is therefore qualified from an experiential standpoint to run the country. Do you understand what "incumbent" means?
    "About 3 nights ago, Senator Lindsey Graham learned of the foregoing and was outraged that we had not interviewed this man. He got to work writing a letter and making calls."

this man has been sitting in the Tunisian jail for over 6 weeks the Senator didn't find out he wasn't questioned yet till 3 days ago. why didn't the FBI or any one call the senator and ask for his help much sooner? the Senator took it upon his self to do it even though he is is not part of the investadation team and he was able to accomplish something in 3 days that the FBI or Obama couldn't in 6 weeks
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2012-11-03 at 09:05 PM.