If they're equally concerned with Romney then why would they be doing this to keep Obama in office?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If they're equally concerned with Romney then why would they be doing this to keep Obama in office?
    Because he and Ahmahowyoudoinajad have matching Muslim Brotherhood rings obviously.

I'm not sure you and I are on the same page here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure you and I are on the same page here.
    You can change your settings to show more posts on the same page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You can change your settings to show more posts on the same page.
    I laughed incredibly hard at this. Best response ever whether intentional or not.

We're on the same page Wells. It is beyond retarded to even imply that the Iranians are trying to influence the election.

Already a couple conservative bloggers and pundits are hedging in the event of a Obama victory.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...6-C29F615E0AF3
    If President Barack Obama wins, he will be the popular choice of Hispanics, African-Americans, single women and highly educated urban whites. That’s what the polling has consistently shown in the final days of the campaign. It looks more likely than not that he will lose independents, and it’s possible he will get a lower percentage of white voters than George W. Bush got of Hispanic voters in 2000.

A broad mandate this is not.
    Actually seeing a lot of this kind of rhetoric.

I'll agree with them that Obama is surely not the choice of ignorant, rural, white voters. That doesn't seem like something to be ashamed of.

They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Already a couple conservative bloggers and pundits are hedging in the event of a Obama victory.
    Actually seeing a lot of this kind of rhetoric.
    So Mitt Romney is the candidate for uneducated whites, the ultra rich, and that is literally about it as far as polling shows. Good to know lol. The "not a broad mandate" portion is pretty funny. Obama is supported by a vast array of Americans whereas Romney is literally only winning non-secondary educated whites, yet somehow an Obama victory is not a broad win.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So Mitt Romney is the candidate for uneducated whites, the ultra rich, and that is literally about it as far as polling shows. Good to know lol. The "not a broad mandate" portion is pretty funny. Obama is supported by a vast array of Americans whereas Romney is literally only winning non-secondary educated whites, yet somehow an Obama victory is not a broad win.
    If you view the world through the lens that black people and women shouldn't be voting anyway, you wouldn't consider it a broad mandate either...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unaware of what is meant by "broad mandate". Could somebody explain this for me?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I laughed incredibly hard at this. Best response ever whether intentional or not.
    It was a joke

Its a silly notion. Essentially it means that enough people back you that America is telling you to do whatever you want. Bush talked about it a lot after his reelection.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if enough people elect you, you can do whatever you want even if it runs contrary to why people elected you in the first place? Not sure why anybody would want a president to operate under that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    So, if enough people elect you, you can do whatever you want even if it runs contrary to why people elected you in the first place? Not sure why anybody would want a president to operate under that mentality.
    If you get a chance, read Bob Altemeyer's book on authoritarian personalities.

The idea is that since the president was elected by a majority, then clearly the majority supports whatever the president wants to do.

Until the president goes against what they want, then suddenly it's a dictatorial menace from moon nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unaware of what is meant by "broad mandate". Could somebody explain this for me?
    In political terms, a "mandate" is generally when a president wins by what is often regarded as a "landslide", usually 60% of the electorate and significantly more than 270 EC votes. Basically it means that this guy has sooooo much support, that the people have given him permission to swing full bore with his positions.

In this case however, it simply means "we don't like this guy and we don't regard his level of support as legitimate." Basically just another claim that people who vote for Obama are idiots and therefore don't deserve the right to vote, subsequently, any votes they do make don't mean squat. It's politicking as usual. I have no doubt that even if Obama won 99% of the popular and 500+ EC votes, Republicans still would think he doesn't have enough support to make his positions legitimate.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I get a good laugh reading these post as you Democrats grasp ay any glimmer of hope. Linking polls that are statistical tie trying to convince your self that Obama isn't going too lose, but knowing these polls all have over sampled democrats by as much as 8 points. Take for example the latest CNN polls has Obama and Romney tied at 48-48 with a +11 democrat sample this is so absurd even the 2008 election it was only a +3 democrat advantage with voter turn out.
    So keep huddling together and convincing each other you got this. You are going to be pretty upset come Wednesday morning and looking for blood out of these pollsters who have mislead you for so long but you will only have your self to blame for being so gullible to believe their bias hype and not reading the fine print showing how much they over sampled Democrats.
    So I will see you guys on Wednesday at least the ones who didn't jump out the window

Infracted. Taunting our users in this thread is not appropriate
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-05 at 06:49 AM.

So when the polling pans out to be more or less true like it usually is in aggregate will you admit you're wrong and don't know the first thing about polling?

Is the northeast coast even voting by Tuesday?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.